gordonsville@smith co.

pasttiger

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's not what the poll is saying right now. :huh:

I'd be glad to set a line saying so. Smith County -6. A few years ago the polls probably would have said close to same.

Gordonsville had a better median talented team and the game was @ Gordonsville. SC went over and demolished the Tigers 31-13.

I believe this years score will be strikingly similar..

Truthfully it is always hard to beat a school when they have

kids playing offense and different kids playing defense...

Gville has alot of kids that play on both sides of the ball.

Not crying cause they got the numbers but just choose

to play best athletes on both sides of the ball. I always

helps to get a break especially when its usually 95 degrees

at this game. Tigers really are tired and worn down by 4th

This seems to make a HUGE difference every year....

This is a classic rivalry that has spanned the ages. I hope both teams have a great week of practice and all players are healthy before and after it's over. Both teams have quality coaching staffs that have coached in big games. I hope the place is rocking and the kids get to enjoy a tremendous atmosphere reminiscent of a late playoff game. This is why you play high school football. Should be a GREAT game.

Truthfully it is always hard to beat a school when they have

kids playing offense and different kids playing defense...

Gville has alot of kids that play on both sides of the ball.

Not crying cause they got the numbers but just choose

to play best athletes on both sides of the ball. I always

helps to get a break especially when its usually 95 degrees

at this game. Tigers really are tired and worn down by 4th

This seems to make a HUGE difference every year....

I've heard many excuses over the last few years on why G-ville cannot win this game but really? Some of the players for SC have played both ways and do play both ways. Besides last year, the games have been decided before the 4th quarter. Maybe you all should figure out a way to win instead of figuring out why you all cannot win. I know a lot of good people from G-ville but some of the whining gets kinda annoying.

I think G-ville can win but I don't see it happening this year. Owls by 2 TD's.

Go Owls!

I'd be glad to set a line saying so. Smith County -6. A few years ago the polls probably would have said close to same.

Gordonsville had a better median talented team and the game was @ Gordonsville. SC went over and demolished the Tigers 31-13.

I believe this years score will be strikingly similar..

i figured the owls would be giving 28 or at the very least 24 points?! :rolleyes:

Edited by snoball5278

Confidence has been one of the keys in the past. I've seen 1-2 things go bad for the Tigers and it has gone down hill from there, especially against the Owls. Medley may fix that, even with the coaching staff. Most played for him...and he has to have a calming and confident effect. I don't think the Owls are overly confident.They can't be with all the hype, real or not..they have all heard and know the G-men. At this point each one of them want to keep "the streak" going.

Even though it's against the law around here...these kids grow up together and hang out together...I can't help but wonder every once in a while what could happen or what would have happened in past years if SC-G-ville combined. I know not as many kids would get to play or not play as much....but gosh with SC being as good as they usually are and G-ville being as good as they usually are.... can you say powerhouse. And think about the crowds at the games.......

I agree the Tigowls would be awesome but both have built new schools. That will not happen in our lifetime.

I listened to the game last year...and G-ville outplayed Chicken county in that game. Probably should've won it. I think most of them same boys are still on that G-ville team...and they want some revenge. Chicken County is DOOMED friday night. Doomed i tell ya.

Chicken County??? Man, you are really HATIN on SC! We don't hate G-ville. When we played years ago we viewed the SC/G-ville game as the only time our G-ville neighbors could watch us play. It's great to live here in Smith County knowing that G-ville never beat you in your four years.