Alcoa 64 Middlesboro 0?

OmahaVol

If that's the case then join the Boosters and start kicking some paper Alcoa's way. :popcorneater:

Ok then. You guys just keep spending the money to travel to KY and play chump teams. All I was saying was that since your ALREADY TRAVELING you might as well play tougher teams and try and get more national recognition. If you don't care about it then I guess you don't care about it and I'll shut up. You guys can stay the big fish in the little pond....... :thumb:

Edited by OmahaVol

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OmahaVol , I'm going to make a guess about you ... your team Is a private School ... right ? Sorry if I'm wrong but you get on here and take a shot at Alcoa ( yes that's what you did ... geez it's so obvious ) and who they're playing , while trying to pretend you root for Alcoa .Let us know who your team Is and let's examine the quality of your opponents ... my guess is they're not playing the Packers and Titans every single week . Maryville's had to deal with clowns like you for the past several years ... always trying to find a way to put a successful Public school down . Alcoa has nothing to prove to you , my guess Is whatever team you pull for , Alcoa or Maryville either one would drill them . Here In Blount county , we don't have to travel 100's of miles to get a great Matchup.

A public school has a lot more limitations on travel , and just how much money is put into a Football program , a Private school has none . If you're dying to see Alcoa play someone else besides Murfreesboro Ky , why don't you contact your school , and ask them to contact Alcoa , and make an offer that's worth their while .... put your money where your mouth is .

Edited by pepvol

What is this? Maryville fans supporting Alcoa? PepVols and Red Rebels said it pretty well...I couldn't agree more. We may do a little feuding between the Rebels and Tornados, but we have a lot of respect for each other. Alcoa does not have a thing to prove to anyone, I think their record speak for itself. Keep representing Blount Co with pride. See you guys Thursday!

OmahaVol , I'm going to make a guess about you ... your team Is a private School ... right ? Sorry if I'm wrong but you get on here and take a shot at Alcoa ( yes that's what you did ... geez it's so obvious ) and who they're playing , while trying to pretend you root for Alcoa .Let us know who your team Is and let's examine the quality of your opponents ... my guess is they're not playing the Packers and Titans every single week . Maryville's had to deal with clowns like you for the past several years ... always trying to find a way to put a successful Public school down . Alcoa has nothing to prove to you , my guess Is whatever team you pull for , Alcoa or Maryville either one would drill them . Here In Blount county , we don't have to travel 100's of miles to get a great Matchup.

A public school has a lot more limitations on travel , and just how much money is put into a Football program , a Private school has none . If you're dying to see Alcoa play someone else besides Murfreesboro Ky , why don't you contact your school , and ask them to contact Alcoa , and make an offer that's worth their while .... put your money where your mouth is .

Well Pep, if you must know, I was a private school guy. I went to Knox Webb through middle school and early high school. I did, however, move to Oak Ridge in 1990 and played for the Wildcats. We actually had a great team that was ranked #17(USA Today) in the nation until we were upset by Oakland in the playoffs. The next year Oak Ridge traveled to KY and played Tilghman and lost. Tilghman was a top ranked big school KY team at that time. Then I moved to Virginia and went to a small private school that wasn't very good at football. Since then I have traveled the entire country(via the military) and have had the honor of watching high school football all over the country. I have been on national boards over the years and have always talked up about TN football. So, when you accuse me of not being a fan, you are sadly mistaken my friend. Notice I called you a friend, instead of a clown. I choose not to resort to such namecalling, but would rather have an educated conversation/debate with some knowledgeable fans such as yourself. So, to reiterate, I DO have the utmost respect for both Alcoa and Maryville. I am definitely a fan of both teams because I want them to both represent TN when they get the chance. I know Alcoa and Marville both would smash Oak Ridge now, but the Oak Ridge teams of the late 80s/early 90s would not have been easy for you guys to beat.

but the Oak Ridge teams of the late 80s/early 90s would not have been easy for you guys to beat.

In 1989.....the undefeated and nationally ranked Alcoa team would have "mopped the floor" with Oak Ridge! :thumb:

Pepvol, red rebels, mhs82......thanks for the support......I know you Guys have heard a lot of this discussion before. :roll:

Edited by BCsportsfan

Let me say up front I am not an Alcoa regular. I'm not a former alumni. I'm not a booster. I'm not even someone who reads their threads all that much. I am however a fan of Tennessee high school football & as such find myself on both sides of this debate. I can understand the desire a lot of folks, especially in east Tennessee, have for the tornados to start dabbling in the national market. I understand some may be hiding behind that stand in an attempt to "take a shot" at them but I believe most are like myself & feel like Alcoa has reached a whole other level of competition than virtually every one else in the state. Having achieved such success why not want to take it to the national level & see how you stack up with the "best of the best". I'm not saying Alcoa fans don't want that I'm just saying I think a lot of folks, even outside Alcoa, would love to see it & probably be willing to support it.

I also definitely understand the financial concerns. Traveling with a high school football team is not like traveling with the family. There is bus fees, fuel cost, food, lodging, missed school, teachers & tudors (for school work , they are students first ya know), & I'm sure other factors I have over looked.

That being said there are other public schools playing on the national level. Maybe instead of all the "you got chocolate in my peanut butter, no you got peanut butter on my chocolate" stuff an Alcoa supporter could get with the Alcoa staff to first see if the administration would be interested in a national schedule. If so then maybe instead of debating the why's & why not's we could help find a solution to the issues. Maybe a web site for donations & fund raising ideas. If the administration is not interested then it can be known & this debate becomes pointless.

Just a suggestion. Best of luck Alcoa, whether your playing in Blount co. Tn or saint thomas aquinas Fl.

Ok then. You guys just keep spending the money to travel to KY and play chump teams. All I was saying was that since your ALREADY TRAVELING you might as well play tougher teams and try and get more national recognition. If you don't care about it then I guess you don't care about it and I'll shut up. You guys can stay the big fish in the little pond....... :thumb:

What's worse , calling someone a Clown who starts a thread to belittle a public high school for playing a team not up to par in your eyes , or calling a bunch of high school kids " CHUMPS " ??.....

Edited by pepvol

What's worse , calling someone a Clown who starts a thread to belittle a public high school for playing a team not up to par in your eyes , or calling a bunch of high school kids " CHUMPS " ??.....

I wasn't belittling Alcoa, I was hyping them up nationally. That is what I'm doing with Alcoa, but you can't seem to grasp it. You obviously can't have a mature discussion about the matter, so I won't waste my time with you and your cronies anymore.

I wasn't belittling Alcoa, I was hyping them up nationally. That is what I'm doing with Alcoa, but you can't seem to grasp it. You obviously can't have a mature discussion about the matter, so I won't waste my time with you and your cronies anymore.

Yes , very Mature of you to call High School kids "Chumps".... very Mature of you also to decide you're the one who needs to tell Alcoa who they should play from now on . When you're talking to anyone from Maryville or Alcoa , you're probably talking to someone who has actually been on a State Championship team , seeing as how there's 22 between the 2 schools .... I just don't know how we could decide to do anything in Football without all of the Unsolicited help we always receive from people like yourself .