Maryville and Alcoa playing now

THSVikings2004

Well 74 , I saw an unbelievable game for the ages last night , you saw a couple of calls not go your way , so now this game has become all about the refs ...... not where i would have wanted to focus on if I had been in your shoes ...

Winners don't make excuses , they just go out and try that much harder when they do have a setback , I'm just as proud of the way Maryville's young men handled the loss last night as I am in any of the previous State Championships ... being a Champion is not based only on your win / loss record .

I'm done with this , Congrats to Alcoa , this may well be the best team they've ever had , I had to laugh when I saw Rankin mention the Big School vs Little School once again .... Alcoa more than Matches up numbers wise with any big school in the state.

Correction Ive only questioned one call. A call that many here have question. Thanks for paying attention. I see why Ive had to repeat myself though. Glad you're done with this.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pep, Alcoa fans have been gracious in the face of defeat (to Maryville) countless times but the shot you took about the "true colors of a champion" is uncalled for. Year in and year out Alcoa fans (since you lump us all together) take our beating from MHS, lick our wounds and become some very supportive fans of both teams as they finish championship runs. BTW I remember after last year's loss how several Alcoa fans, myself included, rallied to Maryville's defense when many Rebel fans counted them out (I believe that you were among that contingent). That speaks about "true" colors to me :thumb:

I counted them out ? Wow just make up something and go with it I guess .I never count the Rebels out .... never ... I think we'll still win State this year, and I'm already looking forward to next years Maryville / Alcoa game ....and I promise I won't whine about the refs or homecooking if you do win next year.

Alcoafan72 , you and many other Alcoa fans are very gracious , but if you have no problem with some of your fellow Alcoa fans wanting to make the refs an issue , then I would be disappointed in you . We have our classless fans too , Rebelraider is a total embarrassment to us , but if you want to pretend that everyone of your fans are perfect , that's hilarious . You should be glad that none of the Maryville fans are trying to make excuses and you should expect your own fans to be the same way . I saw an epic game last night , then I come on here and see some Alcoa fans wanting to talk about refs instead of the game . like I said , I can only imagine what would be going on in here right now if the 4th and 7 had not went for a TD .

Well 74 , I saw an unbelievable game for the ages last night , you saw a couple of calls not go your way , so now this game has become all about the refs ...... not where i would have wanted to focus on if I had been in your shoes ...

Winners don't make excuses , they just go out and try that much harder when they do have a setback , I'm just as proud of the way Maryville's young men handled the loss last night as I am in any of the previous State Championships ... being a Champion is not based only on your win / loss record .

I'm done with this , Congrats to Alcoa , this may well be the best team they've ever had , I had to laugh when I saw Rankin mention the Big School vs Little School once again .... Alcoa more than Matches up numbers wise with any big school in the state.

Coach Rankin is right BTW..

I wonder if Pepvol would feel the same way if the game had went the other way.. And it almost did.

Coach Rankin is right BTW..

I wonder if Pepvol would feel the same way if the game had went the other way.. And it almost did.

???? Yes , if Maryville had won I still would not have blamed the refs .... lol , this makes no sense , I give Alcoa all the credit in the world , they won fair and square ....

These threads are great and have it all: gracious winners, gracious non-winners ("losers" doesn't seem fitting for this matchup), winners that win in spite of poor calls, "best in any class" declarations, mutual stroking and bashing all in the same breath, etc. This is the stuff that intense rivalries are made of.

Where does the Maryville QB stand in recruiting circles? I know he's a junior, but from what portions of the game I saw, I think he has the potential to be the best in the MHS bunch of those from the last decade - perhaps rawer at this stage of the game than the others but with more athletic/true QB upside.

Where does the Maryville QB stand in recruiting circles? I know he's a junior, but from what portions of the game I saw, I think he has the potential to be the best in the MHS bunch of those from the last decade - perhaps rawer at this stage of the game than the others but with more athletic/true QB upside.

rollredroll....Eye honestlee don't know.....Evurbody keeps talkin' abowt hiz 36 on tha ACT....Eye thank that's purty good, butt eye maid 37 on a spellin test jist once tho.... :unsure:

I counted them out ? Wow just make up something and go with it I guess .I never count the Rebels out .... never ... I think we'll still win State this year, and I'm already looking forward to next years Maryville / Alcoa game ....and I promise I won't whine about the refs or homecooking if you do win next year.

Alcoafan72 , you and many other Alcoa fans are very gracious , but if you have no problem with some of your fellow Alcoa fans wanting to make the refs an issue , then I would be disappointed in you . We have our classless fans too , Rebelraider is a total embarrassment to us , but if you want to pretend that everyone of your fans are perfect , that's hilarious . You should be glad that none of the Maryville fans are trying to make excuses and you should expect your own fans to be the same way . I saw an epic game last night , then I come on here and see some Alcoa fans wanting to talk about refs instead of the game . like I said , I can only imagine what would be going on in here right now if the 4th and 7 had not went for a TD .

pep all i know is that I saw one of the best football games ever. As I said last night instant classic!!!! Props to both programs :thumb: As far as fans go, there are always a few bad apples, let's try and not let them spoil the whole bunch :D Good luck to the Rebels the rest of the season and congratulations F5!!!

Edited by alcoafan72

These threads are great and have it all: gracious winners, gracious non-winners ("losers" doesn't seem fitting for this matchup), winners that win in spite of poor calls, "best in any class" declarations, mutual stroking and bashing all in the same breath, etc. This is the stuff that intense rivalries are made of.

Good post as always rollred. As for the Maryville QB he has all the credentials and a coach to make him even better. Maturity will be the key. Time will tell.

It's Amazing to me how hated Maryville really is . When you want to see a team beat so bad you start seeing everything as an advantage to that team . The Ref took too long to get his hankie out ... my , my obvious cheating going on here . Alcoa should be above this Crap , let all of the Blount co. & Knoxville fans keep hating and making excuses about referees and homecooking or whatever . Last year after we beat Farragut at Farragut I realized why a lot of teams in this area other than Maryville and Alcoa never win anything . When your entire Fanbase and everyone associated with your program whines and moans about every little call , or tuition student or whatever else they can come up with , the entire program is built around EXCUSES ..... and EXCUSES doesn't make your team better , hard work , and dedication does .

There's no excuse from this Maryville fan , we got beat by a better team last night , now we have to go and work that much harder to get better and maybe next year we can rise to the level that Alcoa has worked hard to get to ..... sounds like a lot better idea than whining about missed holding calls or homecooking doesn't it ?

It's hypocrytical posters like you that make IT SEEMS as though everbody hates Maryville, it's you they can't stand. You try your best to make what you deem as a "politcally correct" post, only to throw in some cheap shot. Your the type of poster that has diminished the CoachT site, and you've been doing it for years!

pep all i know is that I saw one of the best football games ever. As I said last night instant classic!!!! Props to both programs :thumb: As far as fans go, there are always a few bad apples, let's try and not let them spoil the whole bunch :D Good luck to the Rebels the rest of the season and congratulations F5!!!

I agree 100% alcoafan72 , goodluck to you all the rest of the year and bring home the Gold , and we'll try our best to bring it too .