logcabinman

In order....

MTSU

UT

Vandy

all the OVC schools

Carson-Newman

UTC

I'm thinking they could probably give everyone else in DII, DIII, and the NAIA a run for their $$$. :thumb:

You truly jest? You haven't seen many DII, DIII, or NAIA football games have you?

And that's not taking anything away from how good a "high school" football team Alcoa is.

Buy to say they could play with everyone at the smaller college programs is ridiculous.

Goodpasture would like a re-match!

No you dont. Be honest with yourself you really dont want that.

Now I have two things I want to point out, I really do think that Alcoa has an unbelievably great coaching staff to have them winning & performing at such a high level. But last nights game shows that if you have the athletes you can win, because who in the world runs a toss sweep on 4th & 7 with the game on the line? Normally not a great call, but with that RB it was the only call they needed. Hambrick is the man!

The other thing, was it just me or did it sound like Rankin was crying about having to play Middlesboro, KY because his team didn't get anything out of it? Sounds to me like playing one of the big time programs from out of state would be better or move up to 6a where you can have a very competitive schedule. I'm not saying that Alcoa is only winning because they are in 3a its obvious they are the best team in the state regardless of class. But if Rankin is upset about his schedule he should move up so these bigger schools that are afraid of Alcoa would have no choice but to play them. He would also get the other 2 county schools like this.

Hats off to Alcoa & maryville it was like watching a college game.

My prediction .... at least 10 out of their remaining 13 games the clock will be running non stop early in the second half .

Pep eye'm gonna chek wif Bee Cee and sea if'un tha Alcouh Athletick Dept. iz gonna give 'em a discount fer not gettin a full nite's practuss....Eye meen gaim..... :blush:

Edited by STARSNBARS

No you dont. Be honest with yourself you really dont want that.

Now I have two things I want to point out, I really do think that Alcoa has an unbelievably great coaching staff to have them winning & performing at such a high level. But last nights game shows that if you have the athletes you can win, because who in the world runs a toss sweep on 4th & 7 with the game on the line? Normally not a great call, but with that RB it was the only call they needed. Hambrick is the man!

The other thing, was it just me or did it sound like Rankin was crying about having to play Middlesboro, KY because his team didn't get anything out of it? Sounds to me like playing one of the big time programs from out of state would be better or move up to 6a where you can have a very competitive schedule. I'm not saying that Alcoa is only winning because they are in 3a its obvious they are the best team in the state regardless of class. But if Rankin is upset about his schedule he should move up so these bigger schools that are afraid of Alcoa would have no choice but to play them. He would also get the other 2 county schools like this.

Hats off to Alcoa & maryville it was like watching a college game.

Looked more like an option instead of a toss sweet :) Im near sighted though LOL

You're correct that Goodpasture doesnt want any. I mean they might be the type of team to stand up to any challenge but Alcoa just......words can even describe what they did to them 3 straight years. Alcoa has always had GPs number when they played.

You truly jest? You haven't seen many DII, DIII, or NAIA football games have you?

And that's not taking anything away from how good a "high school" football team Alcoa is.

Buy to say they could play with everyone at the smaller college programs is ridiculous.

:roflolk: I guess I should have used this instead of this :thumb:

It was a joke. Just trying to give Alcoa their props. Take it easy there old timer. Yeah, I've seen some NAIA ball in my days. I played baseball at Cumberland, and their football team was a joke. Now if you want to get serious....I'd bet anything they could beat Sewanee!

After viewing the Alcoa - Maryville game last night I just do not see any team in 3A even competing. I was looking for thoughts on any 3A team that thought they could play with them this year. Thoughts?

I was there last night- what a great game! To answer your question, there are 0 3A teams that could play with Alcoa this year. If we're talking all classifications, I would throw in MUS. I don't really know how they are expected to do this year compared to the last few, but I believe that if Alcoa had played MUS either of the last 2 years, MUS would get the W. Alcoa is just too big and too fast for 3A. Get out there and play some big boys!-other than Maryville. How about a DII team? MBA? Brentwood Academy? Baylor? MUS? Ensworth? I'd love to see one of those games!

I'm not unbiased because my team plays in Alcoa's district and we have to see them every year, many times twice. I know my boys read this board, so I will not get on here and say no one can play with Alcoa. What I will say is that for Alcoa to get beat their opposition will have to play to their VERY BEST ability, AND, Alcoa will have to give them a lot of help with penalties, turnovers, and poor effort. All of which can happen. If that doesn't occur, then I would concede that Alcoa will have no real challenges this year.

I was impressed by both Alcoa & Maryville. Alcoa clearly had the numbers on Maryville in athletes who "fill out their jerseys" best, but Maryville sure was spunky, unintimidated, and had a couple real playmakers as well. Maryville really kept the game pressure on Alcoa by responding to every Tornado score except for the last one. The Rebels had an honest chance of winning right down to the last possession. Alcoa responded in kind with an A+ effort. It will be almost impossible for Alcoa to be that motivated in every game they play this year, but that won't be necessary against most teams they will see all the way to the state championship game.

I, like other posters, would like to encourage Alcoa to voluntarily move out of Region 4 3A and up to any other 4A,5A, or 6A Region :rolleyes:

Edited by FootballDad

I'm not unbiased because my team plays in Alcoa's district and we have to see them every year, many times twice. I know my boys read this board, so I will not get on here and say no one can play with Alcoa. What I will say is that for Alcoa to get beat their opposition will have to play to their VERY BEST ability, AND, Alcoa will have to give them a lot of help with penalties, turnovers, and poor effort. All of which can happen. If that doesn't occur, then I would concede that Alcoa will have no real challenges this year.

I was impressed by both Alcoa & Maryville. Alcoa clearly had the numbers on Maryville in athletes who "fill out their jerseys" best, but Maryville sure was spunky, unintimidated, and had a couple real playmakers as well. Maryville really kept the game pressure on Alcoa by responding to every Tornado score except for the last one. The Rebels had an honest chance of winning right down to the last possession. Alcoa responded in kind with an A+ effort. It will be almost impossible for Alcoa to be that motivated in every game they play this year, but that won't be necessary against most teams they will see all the way to the state championship game.

I, like other posters, would like to encourage Alcoa to voluntarily move out of Region 4 3A and up to any other 4A,5A, or 6A Region :rolleyes:

I honestly believe that the team that does dethrone Alcoa (in region play) will be CAK. Now Im not saying its going to be this year lol but CAK is has been a solid team and I think all Alcoa fans know that this run isnt going to last forever.

Also Im not 100% sure if you can voluntarily move up in divisions anymore. I know for years Alcoa played up in 2a so Im not sure where we could be placed. Then again I thought we had about the same enrollment as Catholic and they are 6a and we're 3a so who knows.

I honestly believe that the team that does dethrone Alcoa (in region play) will be CAK. Now Im not saying its going to be this year lol but CAK is has been a solid team and I think all Alcoa fans know that this run isnt going to last forever.

Also Im not 100% sure if you can voluntarily move up in divisions anymore. I know for years Alcoa played up in 2a so Im not sure where we could be placed. Then again I thought we had about the same enrollment as Catholic and they are 6a and we're 3a so who knows.

I will say this, CAK and Loudon are probably the two other top teams in the state. Sad they are in same district with Alcoa.

These types of threads have run their course.....

I will tell you who can play w/ Alcoa, the team that pays more attention to what they need to do to play w/ them instead of the name on the front of their jersey or helmet.....

With all due respect, I question how many Alcoa games you've seen. Over the last several years, it's not simply been that Alcoa was the best team in 2A and now 3A. It's that it has not even been close. It simply hasn't mattered how much any one else looks at the front of their jersey because there is just too much of a talent gap between Alcoa and the rest of their classification. Alcoa is an aberration. They have too many players, too much size, too much speed, too many D1 and other college prospects for a school with around 250 males. Combine that with great coaching and community support and you get the domination that has been Alcoa. By the way, this is coming from a supporter of one of a VERY short list of schools that is NOT intimidated to play Alcoa.