Who Can Play with Alcoa in 3A

logcabinman

DREAM ON MARUAKA! I would love to see Alcoa spank MUS like they did Brentwood in 89. However, its not going to happen. So you can keep your head in the clouds and keep on thinking that MUS would pound Alcoa. Think Ill be pulling for MUS to get it handed to them by someone this year so we can all hear the excuses.

BTW- Alcoa is currently ranked #87 in the nation on Rivals High Top 100. Don't see MUS listed. MUS isn't even #1 in their division.

DREAM ON MARUAKA! I would love to see Alcoa spank MUS like they did Brentwood in 89. However, its not going to happen. So you can keep your head in the clouds and keep on thinking that MUS would pound Alcoa. Think Ill be pulling for MUS to get it handed to them by someone this year so we can all hear the excuses.

BTW- Alcoa is currently ranked #87 in the nation on Rivals High Top 100. Don't see MUS listed. MUS isn't even #1 in their division.

Who did alcoa beat last year that was any good? I don't know but Alcoa fans talk the same smack every year. I remember that same talk last year how they were better then MUS. Talking about beating teams in 89 or Mccallie(one of the worst in D2) doesn't prove anything. If Alcoa wants to prove itsself, why not play a nationally ranked team. Alcoa is nationally ranked my hat is off to them but if MUS can hang with the #1 team in the nation look for them to be ranked soon!

Alcoa is probably the best team in TN THIS year....maybe. The jury is still out with MBA,BA, and MUS. Last year MUS would've beaten Alcoa at home, or away. To the Alcoa and Maryville fans, we are not saying your teams don't deserve the status they have. We are(at least I am) saying that now that they have conquered their state divisions, why not step it up a notch? Aren't you always looking to improve your programs? If you're satisfied with just playing eachother every year for the Blount county championship, then I guess there is nothing more I can say to change your minds. I just think both of your schools deserve more.

Also, F5seekshelter, I see you mentioned that Alcoa WHIPPED BA for state in 89. If you think 32-22 is a whipping. You failed to mention the fact that BA beat Alcoa the year before, 23-12, for the title.

BTW, a home-and-home with either MBA or BA would be awesome. I would love to see that happen.

Also, F5seekshelter, I see you mentioned that Alcoa WHIPPED BA for state in 89. If you think 32-22 is a whipping. You failed to mention the fact that BA beat Alcoa the year before, 23-12, for the title.

Ok Oma-Ha....Tha scorr wuz 39-22 inn '89 maybe just a littull spankin'??.....Wood Mairvul's winn agin BA inn '76 (27-0) qwally-fy az a whuppun???....And Mairvul won a close one agin BA and Wally Knox (21-14) in '78.....Butt eye do uhgree....Eye thank playin' good compy-tishun maiks evurbody bettur....Eye wood luv two sea hit ....Maybee eye'll ask Brayden Phillips whut he thanks cents he started fer Mairvul last yeer and starts fer MUS now....... :popcorneater:

You know....Private schools in Memphis and Nashville seem so worried about what we're doing. Why is it they never call Alcoa when we're looking for a 10th game and end up bringing in Booker T Washington. Its funny everyone wants to jump on big bad alcoa for "ducking real competition" yet Ive never seen a thread on here in my 9 years that says "Oh ______ private school asked to play Alcoa but they said no"

How about all the state champs In DIV I and DIV II play in a Bowl Series. DIV IIA vs 6A 1A vs DIV IIAA

2A vs 5A 3A vs 4A winners play winners until you have a true TN high school champ.

Never Happen but as long as we are dreaming. Who does everyone think would end up the winner and

what would have been the matchups last year? Gotta get ready for the Dove field!!!!

Y'all are probably the same people who thought Alcoa was the best team in the state last year... Until y'all get out of state (and I'm not talking Kentucky), you won't have DII teams' respect. Plain and simple. Who cares about budget? Other public schools travel long distances. And since you love Alcoa football soooo much. Fork up some money and start playing some people. Put your streak in danger.

I don't recall hearing or reading anywhere , where ALCOA was asking for the MIGHTY DII 'S RESPECT. I think they could earn it tough. :thumb:

How about all the state champs In DIV I and DIV II play in a Bowl Series. DIV IIA vs 6A 1A vs DIV IIAA

2A vs 5A 3A vs 4A winners play winners until you have a true TN high school champ.

Never Happen but as long as we are dreaming. Who does everyone think would end up the winner and

what would have been the matchups last year? Gotta get ready for the Dove field!!!!

Thissounds like something they would do up in NY or someplace.

For once and for all, here is the issue:

Most DII supporters have the utmost respect for Alcoa (and Maryville and others). Those that don’t are too indifferent to care one way or another (a side I am moving closer to each day).

If Alcoa wants to claim Blount County supremacy in recent years, have at it. Even the most loyal Heritage and William Blount fans will likely concede that distinction goes to the annual AHS-MHS winner.

If Alcoa wants to claim 3A (or old 2A) supremacy, dive right in. Most people didn’t even know the name Barack Obama the last time Alcoa didn’t win its class.

If Alcoa wants to claim Division I supremacy, more power to you. You beat the 6A runner-up worse than the 6A champ did, so there’s a claim that could be taken.

The issue arises when this “best in any class†stuff starts to get spewed. If someone wants to claim this (and my guess is that many people that do on these threads are not old enough to drive, smoke, or drink, so maybe we all should discount it more due to a shorter history of knowledge of football matters), he or she is going to catch it, and rightfully so.

Forget for a moment that there are at least a half-dozen examples of large DI champs losing to DII champs and DII also-rans in the regular season in the DII era (the DII era started in 1997 and is used as a starting point, as that represents a time in which the TSSAA determined a separation was necessary because of certain dominance by a certain set of schools – someone made a reference to a Knox. Webb title in 1996 on another thread, which is irrelevant for this discussion). No large class DII champion has ever lost to a DI champion. Not once. In fact, every large DII champion is undefeated versus every single DI school it played in a championship season.

If someone wants to make financial aid/recruiting an issue, then say it up front. Countering with it later rings hollow and is a cop-out. Acknowledging it as an issue weakens any "best in class" argument.

It’s pitiful to see some of the reactions on here. I guarantee you there are more positive references for Alcoa from the DII side that there are reciprocally back to DII (anyone that doesn’t believe me should count them). Many of you get so insanely sensitive when DII defends its turf. If any DII school started claiming Blount County supremacy, many of you would be on them like white in rice (and rightfully so as well).

So, for once and for all, until a DII champ loses to a DI champ in the same season (or any DI school, champ or not), defense of turf is going to be made. It’s not chest-thumping. It’s not disrespect. It’s a matter of relevancy. You can’t claim supremacy in a class when you haven’t beaten the champ from that class. Limit this “best in any class†stuff to DI classes.

As for all this scheduling blah-blah-blah, the schedules are out there for everyone to see. The unbiased have enough there to form an unbiased opinion.

Thoughtful, unemotional responses welcome. Chest thumping blather can be saved for your wives and girlfriends. You ain’t going to win those battles either. The woman is always right.

As far as playing on a national level goes , I can see where the occasional novelty game is played but really what is the point.? What really is to gain other than someone like HERBSTRIET (SP) or PACKER making some money. The real beauty of High school football is playing in the towns and communities where the rivalries are born and fought out on "FRIDAY NIGHTS>." H S football is the most pure form of the sport, it is played for the love of the game , for the bragging rights and community pride not for money. We already have college and pro football, why not leave this one alone. jmo