Who Can Play with Alcoa in 3A

logcabinman

You truly jest? You haven't seen many DII, DIII, or NAIA football games have you?

And that's not taking anything away from how good a "high school" football team Alcoa is.

Buy to say they could play with everyone at the smaller college programs is ridiculous.

C'mon 66 you have to know that it was a joke :roflol: But seriously, the list included MTSU, Vandy, and UT and you have an issue about Alcoa being able to play with DII, DIII, or NAIA-now that's even funnier :roflolk:

No you dont. Be honest with yourself you really dont want that.

Now I have two things I want to point out, I really do think that Alcoa has an unbelievably great coaching staff to have them winning & performing at such a high level. But last nights game shows that if you have the athletes you can win, because who in the world runs a toss sweep on 4th & 7 with the game on the line? Normally not a great call, but with that RB it was the only call they needed. Hambrick is the man!

The other thing, was it just me or did it sound like Rankin was crying about having to play Middlesboro, KY because his team didn't get anything out of it? Sounds to me like playing one of the big time programs from out of state would be better or move up to 6a where you can have a very competitive schedule. I'm not saying that Alcoa is only winning because they are in 3a its obvious they are the best team in the state regardless of class. But if Rankin is upset about his schedule he should move up so these bigger schools that are afraid of Alcoa would have no choice but to play them. He would also get the other 2 county schools like this.

Hats off to Alcoa & maryville it was like watching a college game.

Coach the Middlesboro game was the last game of the two game contract for the city/county bowl in Ky. Rankin's comments were in reference to having a competitive game to tune up for the rivarly game. Be honest a lopsided 64-0 game is not much of a tune-up for the likes of Maryville.

With all due respect, I question how many Alcoa games you've seen. Over the last several years, it's not simply been that Alcoa was the best team in 2A and now 3A. It's that it has not even been close. It simply hasn't mattered how much any one else looks at the front of their jersey because there is just too much of a talent gap between Alcoa and the rest of their classification. Alcoa is an aberration. They have too many players, too much size, too much speed, too many D1 and other college prospects for a school with around 250 males. Combine that with great coaching and community support and you get the domination that has been Alcoa. By the way, this is coming from a supporter of one of a VERY short list of schools that is NOT intimidated to play Alcoa.

I am a heavy follower of TN football and I have seen many Alcoa games and know how good they are as well as how great of a program they have in place. They can be beat, not sure who can do it, but as team playing them, placing them on a pedestal, loses the game b/4 it even starts.....

I am a heavy follower of TN football and I have seen many Alcoa games and know how good they are as well as how great of a program they have in place. They can be beat, not sure who can do it, but as team playing them, placing them on a pedestal, loses the game b/4 it even starts.....

Nobody in 3a has a prayer to beat Alcoa.

Edited by Antwan

I'd like to see Alcoa play a schedule that looks something like this just for mere entertainment:

1. Maryville

2. Byrnes HS (South Carolina)

3. Brentwood Academy

4. MUS

-Bye-

5. St. Thomas Aquinas (Florida)

6. Fort Campbell (Kentucky)

7. Farragut

8. CAK

9. Knox Catholic

10. MBA

I think one of those teams would have the opportunity to catch Alcoa on a down week. :roflol:

Just kidding. But in all seriousness, gotta give mad props to that program.

Edited by RedSwarm10

APB and Me got a special half time act with some dancing bears to make up for the game. :huh:

APB nose donkey baskitbawl......

:thumb:

Eye may head ovur two tha BOH next Fridee.....Bee Cee will ewe be goin' inn agin at 4 in tha morning to Balboa a LITTLE PIGGIE???

Edited by STARSNBARS