Who Can Play with Alcoa in 3A

logcabinman

I'm fairly certain Lipscomb and GP have stayed D-1 the entire time unless it was at the very beginning of the split.

I dont keep up with either school but I could have sworn I heard they were at one time. I very well could be wrong about those two though. Id like to see what Alcoas record all time is when they play a D-II school I know we're something like 10-0 against Webb. 1-1 against Brentwood, 2-0 against McCallie and 1-0 against DCA.

So 14-3 all time against D-II...We should stay outta there

For once and for all, here is the issue:

Thoughtful, unemotional responses welcome. Chest thumping blather can be saved for your wives and girlfriends. You ain’t going to win those battles either. The woman is always right.

rollredroll....Thay ain't nevur ben a truer staitmint evur sed on tha coachT bored.....mommaSTARS when 'st she looks inn tha frigeedairy and can see tha lite in tha back.....Looks like King Kong standin up onn tha Impirestait Bldg. swattin at airplains.... :thumb:

If Im not mistaken in the past 10 years Alcoa has smacked around Webb, McCallie, Goodpasture and David Lipscomb. All current or at one time were considered D-II schools.

My bad, didn't realize the F5 had already ripped through the Spartans camp. I still would like to see this years teams battle against each other. I believe that would be a great game to watch, just like the Alcoa vs Maryville classic.

I think everyone agrees that Alcoa is probably the best team in the state, reguardless of classification. But after watching there first two games, I do think that Goodpasture has a shot this year. They have an offensive line that averages about 275lbs. They have a 3year starter at quarterback who can run and pass. And they have two very good wide receivers, one is a possesion type and the other who is a down the field type. They look very good on there front seven on defense, they just need to work on there pass defense a little bit. If Goodpasture has a downfall, it is there debth. But I do think they have a legit chance this year. I know by the end of the year, Coach Martin will have them clicking. I do think though that Alcoa has the best talent and debth in the state, but this years Goodpasture team has the look of something special. That is the great thing about high school football, we will all have to wait and see.

Edited by NEEDFORSPEED

I think everyone agrees that Alcoa is probably the best team in the state, reguardless of classification. But after watching there first two games, I do think that Goodpasture has a shot this year. They have an offensive line that averages about 275lbs. They have a 3year starter at quarterback who can run and pass. And they have two very good wide receivers, one is a possesion type and the other who is a down the field type. They look very good on there front seven on defense, they just need to work on there pass defense a little bit. If Goodpasture has a downfall, it is there debth. But I do think they have a legit chance this year. I know by the end of the year, Coach Martin will have them clicking. I do think though that Alcoa has the best talent and debth in the state, but this years Goodpasture team has the look of something special. That is the great thing about high school football, we will all have to wait and see.

GP has had those things in the past. The difference has been, well err uh hmmm your name says it all :thumb:

Edited by alcoafan72

I dont keep up with either school but I could have sworn I heard they were at one time. I very well could be wrong about those two though. Id like to see what Alcoas record all time is when they play a D-II school I know we're something like 10-0 against Webb. 1-1 against Brentwood, 2-0 against McCallie and 1-0 against DCA.

So 14-3 all time against D-II...We should stay outta there

Actually Alcoa has beat ALL privates or now classified DII's schools over the last 21 years! :thumb:

Only in 1988 did a Alcoa team lose to a DII school (private). Championship game against Brentwood Acad 23-12

It doesn't matter....MUS was the best in the state last year, hands down. Alcoa is the best in the state this year...so far.

MUS did not play a team that could run the ball like Alcoa. Hand down Alcoa would have controled the clock and put more DE pressure on Brunetti then he could of dealt with. This is how Alcoa WON this mythical matchup 28-17! :thumb:

Next?......who's next in the mythical matchups!??? :rolleyes:

MUS did not play a team that could run the ball like Alcoa. Hand down Alcoa would have controled the clock and put more DE pressure on Brunetti then he could of dealt with. This is how Alcoa WON this mythical matchup 28-17! :thumb:

Next?......who's next in the mythical matchups!??? :rolleyes:

How about WBHeritageville? Take the "best of the rest" in Blount Co. and play against the F5. Plug that into your computer and smoke it. :D

So what 5A/6A program do you represent?

I don't represent a particular team, just an old washed up player/fan of great h.s. football who moved here several yrs back after 40 yrs in Ohio. I follow it on a national level, but more closely in OH/TN. My wife thinks too much, and that I'm nuts, lol. But that's the way it is in Ohio. It's taken much more seriously as a whole. I've noticed on TN forums over time that two issues that come up every year are "how can we improve the quality/national recognition of TN football, and the playoffs need revamped". I make no claim as having all the right answers, but see some things that Tn could take a page from Ohio, and elevate the level of play in all classifications(of which there are too many). There are some great teams in TN, but with some changes it could become better than it is for sure. Starting with making every game count. I'll never understand why only district games count towards playoffs.

As far as playing on a national level goes , I can see where the occasional novelty game is played but really what is the point.? What really is to gain other than someone like HERBSTRIET (SP) or PACKER making some money. The real beauty of High school football is playing in the towns and communities where the rivalries are born and fought out on "FRIDAY NIGHTS>." H S football is the most pure form of the sport, it is played for the love of the game , for the bragging rights and community pride not for money. We already have college and pro football, why not leave this one alone. jmo

I can assure you those games are far from "novelty" to the programs that participate, and have more than one purpose. The exposure not only for your program, but state. To take your level of play up a notch against what many times is the best competition you will see all year. To better prepare your team for the playoffs, unless you are already far better than the rest of your division. Playing on a national stage is no less pure than playing in front of your community, it's still h.s. football....but it's a whole lot more intense. The only money involved is in the form of assistance for travel and lodging, not money in kids' pockets. That same community pride is there for the whole nation to see, and is magnified.

I don't think there are many kids out there who wouldn't want to experience that type of game just once in their h.s. career. Ask the Gallatin kids if the trip to Canton was an experience they'll remember for life....

Waiting to see a Webb vs. Alcoa game. 2 big boys, one in D1 the other in D2, perrenial state champs respectively, located just a few short miles apart. Get it on boys and see what happens. No predictions, I think that would be one heck of a game, great coaching, great athletes, both schools have a hard time scheduling opponents. Why doesn't that happen? Alcoa fans have said Webb declined the invitation. Is that true? It wouldn't hurt either team if they lost because they would still make the playoffs, have a high seed, and most likely still win the state in their division.

I had two WEBB players that sat down in my some of my reserved seats during the 2nd half of the Maryville/Alcoa game. I let them stay because my kids were foot cruising the stadium. They were in awe of Maryville and Alcoa.