Oakland @ Brentwood

MidTennFootball

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• Oakland
    • Brentwood

That pass was very close to being over the line of scrimmage. Hard to tell on the replay but very close. The Brentwood Qb took a shot when he released the ball too. Good ballgame!!

oakland scores on a pass when it was 4th down...with 13 seconds left in game on the brentwood 32 yard line...before the Touchdown the score was 21 brentwood to 20 Oakland! 4.2 seconds on clock and oakland goes for two and converts...score now oakland 28 and brentwood 21...wow! what a game...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! What a game! Someone who saw it on TV, I have two questions?

1. Was the Brentwood fumble that was blown dead a fumble or not. In person, it looked like a fumble, but the ref called it down.

2. Was the Brentwood QB over the line on their last TD pass? Keep in mind that he can have one toe on the line of scrimmage and his entire body over, and it is still a legal throw. It just looked like he was over though?

WOW! What a game! Someone who saw it on TV, I have two questions?

1. Was the Brentwood fumble that was blown dead a fumble or not. In person, it looked like a fumble, but the ref called it down.

2. Was the Brentwood QB over the line on their last TD pass? Keep in mind that he can have one toe on the line of scrimmage and his entire body over, and it is still a legal throw. It just looked like he was over though?

As for #1, I don't know as I was across the field. As for the #2, the yardage marker guy said he was a good 2 feet behind the line of scrimmage. He was sober when he told me so it was probably about a foot.

Hats off to both teams for a tremendous effort. They both deserve to meet again later in the year. I'm really proud of the Bruins for stepping up and not folding after getting down early. Kudos for Oakland for scoring when it counts. Two very well coached ball clubs. On to Ravenwood!

26-7 Oakland.

my prediction is Oakland 40 Brentwood 7. I do hope Brentwood can at least score once, but I am not sure they will pull it off.

34-7....OAKLAND

28-10 Oakland.

14 points is all Oakland will need to win this one.

Yes a loss is a loss and I know Coach Crawford doesn't believe in moral victories, but I believe the Bruins earned a ton of respect in this one. Hats off to Oakland for pulling out a victory - they earned it. I hope the big fella for Oakland is OK because it didn't sound good. Good luck to both teams the rest of the year. To all of the prognositcators(?) listed above, stick to Coach T and stay away from Vegas. Really - I don't post much but reading your posts keeps this place fun.

Yes a loss is a loss and I know Coach Crawford doesn't believe in moral victories, but I believe the Bruins earned a ton of respect in this one. Hats off to Oakland for pulling out a victory - they earned it. I hope the big fella for Oakland is OK because it didn't sound good. Good luck to both teams the rest of the year. To all of the prognositcators(?) listed above, stick to Coach T and stay away from Vegas. Really - I don't post much but reading your posts keeps this place fun.

Broken ankle. He's probably done for the year.

First off, great game all around; Oakland had a chance to put Brentwood away early, but they didnt and thats something we need to work on. Kudos to the Bruins on clawing back into the game and almost pulling that game out. Football is a great game isnt it? In a manner of a few minutes, I went from nervous as heck to ticked off to absolutely estatic, its such a great game.

Also, kudos to Brentwood for being great hosts, really nice place to watch a football game. Our kids showed tonight what makes this team special. How many teams could mentally pull themselves off the matt and pull that game out? Not many. We fought thru, injuries, penalties, bad breaks, etc and still beat a very good Brentwood team, gotta feel good bout that.

There is something special about this team, I dont know exactly what it is and I dont know how far we will go, but its going to be fun cheering for this great group of kids.