1. 1. Who wins? Owls or Tigers?

• Smith County Owls
    • Macon County Tigers

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kids name is Dallas Grace.

Actually up in Lafayette they call him "Amazing Grace". But he might not be so amazing friday night if all Pemberton calls is run plays. Macon's O-line is pretty good when they wanna be but thats not very often and smith Co. has a pretty good defense so i tink that if macon doesnt throw the ball early and often it could turn into a long night very early for the tigers. coach pemberton needs to let grace open up and throw to his big, atheletic recievers like manning and salyer. i dont think smiths d-fense can hold up to a strong passing attack like macon is capable of producing. if the line can give grace time to throw the ball and the tigers d plays pretty good macon should take this one with ease. sure they may be 1-3 but theyre alot better team than theyve showed this season. it'll prolly be a close one. Macon 27 Smith 21 :geek:

Actually up in Lafayette they call him "Amazing Grace". But he might not be so amazing friday night if all Pemberton calls is run plays. Macon's O-line is pretty good when they wanna be but thats not very often and smith Co. has a pretty good defense so i tink that if macon doesnt throw the ball early and often it could turn into a long night very early for the tigers. coach pemberton needs to let grace open up and throw to his big, atheletic recievers like manning and salyer. i dont think smiths d-fense can hold up to a strong passing attack like macon is capable of producing. if the line can give grace time to throw the ball and the tigers d plays pretty good macon should take this one with ease. sure they may be 1-3 but theyre alot better team than theyve showed this season. it'll prolly be a close one. Macon 27 Smith 21 :geek:

I think you've covered all bases. You stated it could be a long night for Macon...all the way to Macon winning with ease. :lol:

Maybe you should change your name to theunRealist... :unsure: SC has a pretty good...and very experienced secondary. Yeah...Macon is surely better than they have "showed". Is that because they haven't wanted to? :?

Edited by Antwan

You may be right. I don't reckon them SC boys ever seen a pass. You just might take this one with ease. I'm glad nobody else, like Dekalb or Livingston knew about this.

Hey, I've seen that a lot, and I don't understand it and would love for somebody to explain it to me. Exactly what does

"they're a lot better than they've shown" mean? I understand better than their record but if they are better than they have shown, what's the deal? How come they ain't done or shown better?

Ya'll ridgerunners all pick MC to win by 6-7 points. Didn't ya'll beat a 1-4 Sycamore team by 8? So does that mean SC is bout ike Sycamore? :blink:

You may be right. I don't reckon them SC boys ever seen a pass. You just might take this one with ease. I'm glad nobody else, like Dekalb or Livingston knew about this.

Hey, I've seen that a lot, and I don't understand it and would love for somebody to explain it to me. Exactly what does

"they're a lot better than they've shown" mean? I understand better than their record but if they are better than they have shown, what's the deal? How come they ain't done or shown better?

Ya'll ridgerunners all pick MC to win by 6-7 points. Didn't ya'll beat a 1-4 Sycamore team by 8? So does that mean SC is bout ike Sycamore? :blink:

Last weeks game against DC will help the Owls against MC. DC will spread you out all over the field, throw the ball and then run the ball also. I haven't seen MC play this year, but I would they and DC are comparable. Yes, the Owls will have to play a smart game but since MC hits HARD in practice, I don't know if they can stand up to such pressure. :thumb:

sure is alot of big talk from the bunch that dropped the hardest team on their schedule. why did they drop t.c. --the simple fact they could not beat them and it was a a loss to them.and yes s.c. might beat m.c. and everybody else they play on the regular schedule but the fact remains the hardest team on the schedule was dropped. a smaller school only 15 miles away.

sure is alot of big talk from the bunch that dropped the hardest team on their schedule. why did they drop t.c. --the simple fact they could not beat them and it was a a loss to them.and yes s.c. might beat m.c. and everybody else they play on the regular schedule but the fact remains the hardest team on the schedule was dropped. a smaller school only 15 miles away.

Go to your Director of Schools and ask him.

im not sayin that s.c. is as bad as sycamore. all im sayin is if macon played to the best of their abilities friday night they wouldve spanked sycamore by about twenty or thirty points. and if they come out and play the way their capable then smith is gonna have a rough game on their hands.

I commend MC for still playing us, and I don't mind the jabs you all are throwing at SC. But at the same time, this issue has ran it's course. They have chosen not to play us and that's fine. We (TC) lost a great gate, but we've both survived. I guess we'll just make up for our gates like always....in November, when everybody around is coming to Hartsville to get there high school football fix. :twisted:

I've heard the White House game is going to be the Thursday night game. Congrats! You wouldn't have gotten that by playing us, that's for sure! Looking forward to the game Friday night. I hope it's as good as the last time (2003) I watched these two square off in Macon Co. That was one of the best games I have ever seen! Good luck to both squads. :thumb:

For the record, a post like this is what is entertaining about CoachT. "Amazing Grace?" That is quite catchy. If only Pemberton would let him showcase his talents more. Then SC's D would not have to worry about holding up to that "strong passing attack" you speaking of. Hopefully that O-Line will hold up for you so that you can win with ease. :roflol: