BIG 8 2010/2011

wkktnvolsfan

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't see Tn High - Volunteer but did the rest. Science Hill, South, and even Boone have some depth. DB does not but may have been missing a player or two (Clark the 3-pt shooter). Central had their way with Crockett so it was hard to tell if they were really good or more likely Crockett was really weak. (Actually some of their fouls were pretty strong.)

Still probably Tn High & Science Hill at the top, but DB is certainly not a lock for third. Then again maybe South just has their number. Based on last night which really means nothing, you would have to say South and Central have a good shot for third.

Well it was only the Jamboree. Personally, I thought the carry over scoring was rediculous. But what do I know. South has had talent for many years. And again, they have talent. Can they be taught the correct things? Can they step up to the plate? To be seen. Free throws and layups will win games. If you can't hit those shots then you will lose regardless of how much talent you have. Should be an interesting year.

Well now, I guess we all should just stay home, seems like the Volunteer must be the team. I will let the Science Hill girls know they dont even need to show up on Nov. 30th cause if they do they will be blown out by Volunteer.

I seriously doubt that Volunteer is the team to beat. I just witnessed them losing to Hampton. That wouldnt be so bad had Hampton not played their JV the whole first half of the game (down 15 pts) and then putting the Varsity in the second half and winning by 15. Hope they have more than they showed.

I seriously doubt that Volunteer is the team to beat. I just witnessed them losing to Hampton. That wouldnt be so bad had Hampton not played their JV the whole first half of the game (down 15 pts) and then putting the Varsity in the second half and winning by 15. Hope they have more than they showed.

Everyone needs to quit ragging on Volunteer, they're like any other team, they play like they're coached.

South was up by 15 twice and by 10 and 12 during the contest. I counted MoEast missed 12 foul shots and what looked like 40% FG average. In other words, they gave it to South. South tried their best to give it back late in the 4th but prevailed. South has serious depth on the bench but it needs reps. And it is getting it. Time will make them valuable. Currently, they are haphazard as a team. Just need to settle in and step it up. Looks like Coach Tate is very much into this season. This team has much potential. We'll see as they grow.

Two comments after reading this thread:

1. Volunteer will not finish anywhere close to the top.

2. Elizabethton beat Tennessee High 75-47 last night. I have to think Science Hill will win this league.

Go Cyclones!!!!!

Wait and see, preseason means nothing, just trying new things. Come on down and watch what we do to North!

Then you'll see what everyone is in for!

Wait and see, preseason means nothing, just trying new things. Come on down and watch what we do to North!

Then you'll see what everyone is in for!

Just let me know what the Lady Cyclones do to the Lady Falcons today at Boone. I cannot be there. North has struggled for years, so they are not a very accurate measuring stick.