BIG 8 2010/2011

wkktnvolsfan

Just let me know what the Lady Cyclones do to the Lady Falcons today at Boone. I cannot be there. North has struggled for years, so they are not a very accurate measuring stick.

I don't have a dog in this race but I saw the game yesterday. Elizabethton beat Volunteer 64-49 and it was a 5-6 point game the whole game till the last 4 minutes. Falcons played well. What is not known about Tennessee High is that they were plating despite 3-4 key players having "walking pheumonia". They didnt play well against Elizabethton and Elizabethton played well and shot extremely well.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just let me know what the Lady Cyclones do to the Lady Falcons today at Boone. I cannot be there. North has struggled for years, so they are not a very accurate measuring stick.

I don't have a dog in this race but I saw the game yesterday. Elizabethton beat Volunteer 64-49 and it was a 5-6 point game the whole game till the last 4 minutes. Falcons played well. What is not known about Tennessee High is that they were plating despite 3-4 key players having "walking pheumonia". They didnt play well against Elizabethton and Elizabethton played well and shot extremely well.

I love all the misleading information that is posted here. For the record, THS's starting center missed the game Friday with walking pneumonia (not 3-4 key players as you suggest). Having her in the line-up would have made a difference in the final margin, but not the outcome. I agree that Elizabethton shot the ball extremely well which will not be the case all the time. Case in point, EHS didn't shoot well at all on Saturday against Volunteer and uncharacteristically didn't play much defense either. If EHS had shot nearly as well against Volunteer (made uncontested shots) as they did against THS, the results would have been similar. Volunteer has several good shooters that will definitely knock it down if left open. However, they are not nearly as effective offensively when they are well defensed. I don't know a lot about the Big 8, but I suspect SH and TH are the favorites until proven otherwise.

I love all the misleading information that is posted here. For the record, THS's starting center missed the game Friday with walking pneumonia (not 3-4 key players as you suggest). Having her in the line-up would have made a difference in the final margin, but not the outcome. I agree that Elizabethton shot the ball extremely well which will not be the case all the time. Case in point, EHS didn't shoot well at all on Saturday against Volunteer and uncharacteristically didn't play much defense either. If EHS had shot nearly as well against Volunteer (made uncontested shots) as they did against THS, the results would have been similar. Volunteer has several good shooters that will definitely knock it down if left open. However, they are not nearly as effective offensively when they are well defensed. I don't know a lot about the Big 8, but I suspect SH and TH are the favorites until proven otherwise.

Volunteer has several good shooters that will definitely knock it down if left open. However, they are not nearly as effective offensively when they are well defensed.

That's funny I thought Volunteer only had one good player??? you mean they have other shooters?

Got a good look at South today in a game at Happy Valley against Cloudland. South built a nice halftime lead, something close to 34-17. They extended the lead to about 20, before Cloudland made a run and cut it all the way down to six in the fourth. South ultimately won by 10. It was a very sloppy game. South let Cloudland back in the game by forcing quick shots, missing easy shots, and turning the ball over. Cloudland is young and small. I was shocked that D1 signee Campbell, a head taller than anyone on Cloudland's team, rarely posted up. She passed the ball well and hit a three, but why she plays outside I do not understand. I would say South will finish 4th or 5th in the conference.

Science Hill beat Sullivan East today at Happy Valley. It was fairly close at the half, but the Toppers depth and pressure wore East down and the final was something like 85-55. The defense was pretty spotty, but Science Hill had way too many weapons for East. The Reid girls, Copney, Smith, Goodman, Hensley, and Jones all did some good things. I still think the Lady Toppers will win the league.

South was struggling with Happy Valley at halftime, when I left. I just do not think that they can play at Science Hill's pace.

Boone struggled to score in a 47-40 loss to Cloudland. The Lady Blazers are still in rebuilding mode.

Crockett beat Johnson County about 55-30 after a horrible start, as they spotted Johnson County an 11-1 lead early. Crockett is also in rebuilding mode.