OR vs Clinton

thekidd0086

I am hearing that Camion will not be in black and orange next year. But I hear all kinds of things about players and coaches that don't pan out. But I've heard this enough to know "where there's smoke......"

Maryville has a good chance to go back to state this year, especially if they are placed in the East pod of the state playoff brackets. There will be 8 teams from the Eastern part of the state. If they get sent to the other bracket with Oakland, Riverdale, Blackman etc. It will be a much tougher road.

I am hearing that Camion will not be in black and orange next year. But I hear all kinds of things about players and coaches that don't pan out. But I've heard this enough to know "where there's smoke......"

Maryville has a good chance to go back to state this year, especially if they are placed in the East pod of the state playoff brackets. There will be 8 teams from the Eastern part of the state. If they get sent to the other bracket with Oakland, Riverdale, Blackman etc. It will be a much tougher road.

whoa!, what have you heard, besides the fact that he isnt gonna be for clinton next year?

Here's a hypothetical situation. A back-up lineman's parent or gaurdian moves eight miles down the road. Lineman obviously go with. New address is in a rival school's zoned attendance area. Does anyone care that the back-up lineman now plays for the rival? Does it cause a stink?

How far is the Powell or Oak Ridge zoned areas from Clinton?

Here's a hypothetical situation. A back-up lineman's parent or gaurdian moves eight miles down the road. Lineman obviously go with. New address is in a rival school's zoned attendance area. Does anyone care that the back-up lineman now plays for the rival? Does it cause a stink?

How far is the Powell or Oak Ridge zoned areas from Clinton?

no, he is a backup lineman... who cares lol

I'm sure we all appreciate your tongue in cheek comment. At the very least, it is a horrible rule which needs to be changed. In any case, it was enforced incorrectly. It should have either been Oak Ridge ball at the point of "illegal catching" by the Clinton player or a penalty enforced to Clinton with a re-kick. There was no Oak Ridge player in the same zip code to interfere with as called by the officials. As this rule is written, a receiving player would have to be given a free opportunity to catch such a kickoff even if he does not signal for a fair catch. Remember also, this is a free ball after ten yards, not in the same category as a punt. Whether it was Clinton, Oak Ridge, or whoever, this rule gives an unfair advantage to the receiving team.

Actually for once in my life I wasn’t being “tongue and cheekâ€

The sad thing is that we can only debate the issue on here. I doubt someone from TSSAA will ID themselves on here to clear it up.

Clinton looked awful! COACHING NEEDED! NOT A POLITICAL APPOINTMENT BUT A FOOTBALL COACH WOW!

I Agree Clinton look terrible I feel sorry for # 3 and #6 and # 4 are they seniors. Hope not Clinton had match up advantages all not OR played 10 -14 yards off of #6 and # 3 and clinton still couldn't finds ways to get the ball out there to them. Whoever is the OC is garbage seen better little league coaches. There Wildcat packes was basically snap it to 6 and run for your life. Clinton has not had a coach since Gaylor, last two hires were on some buddy buddy systems. Seems like they pull plays out a hat just jump round and around never seem to get any rhythm going. Good Luck next week.

I Agree Clinton look terrible I feel sorry for # 3 and #6 and # 4 are they seniors. Hope not Clinton had match up advantages all not OR played 10 -14 yards off of #6 and # 3 and clinton still couldn't finds ways to get the ball out there to them. Whoever is the OC is garbage seen better little league coaches. There Wildcat packes was basically snap it to 6 and run for your life. Clinton has not had a coach since Gaylor, last two hires were on some buddy buddy systems. Seems like they pull plays out a hat just jump round and around never seem to get any rhythm going. Good Luck next week.

funny,,, all the clinton fans were adoring shattuck last year... coach gets the glory when you win... coach gets all the blame when you lose.. i guess shattuck just became a bad coach overnight along with the whole staff...clinton may have a few skill players, but they have very little in the other areas.. skill players dont mean crap if you cant block for them or get the ball to them, just saying.

• Upvote 1

In the fourth quarter Clinton's o-line was barely getting out of their stance and they were just leaning on people. It was pretty comical. I'm not sure if they were totally out of gas, or they quit or what, but it was some of the worst effort I have ever seen in a varsity game. That was the difference all night. OR was just better up front on both sides.

funny,,, all the clinton fans were adoring shattuck last year... coach gets the glory when you win... coach gets all the blame when you lose.. i guess shattuck just became a bad coach overnight along with the whole staff...clinton may have a few skill players, but they have very little in the other areas.. skill players dont mean crap if you cant block for them or get the ball to them, just saying.

Andy was not good last year he had talent and Marsh. But couldnt finish and before that his records speaks for its self. I agree Clinton do have some wholes on there team but do have weapons so as a coach you got to put your team in the best situation to when and he dont do that.

Andy was not good last year he had talent and Marsh. But couldnt finish and before that his records speaks for its self. I agree Clinton do have some wholes on there team but do have weapons so as a coach you got to put your team in the best situation to when and he dont do that.

a coach can only do so much man, andy cant go out there and block the other team for them.. him and the other coaches can teach them to the best of there abilities.. its the players that gotta go out there and perfrom what they have been taught.