How many games would Alcoa lose if.....

Football101101

I don't think some small college teams could beat them. The Blue Devils stepped up the last few years and took them on without any success. (and it was with some of our better teams). I do believe that their tradition and notariety "recruit" for them so the coaches and boosters don't have to. (sort of like Trousdale County) It's really hard to believe that a small school like that puts out such very successful teams without alot of help from players not physically living in the school district. At any rate, being a UK fan also, I love Randal Cobb! Thanks Phillip Fulmer for not recruiting him!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's some others in Blount County `ol Coach Dooley will miss the boat on! :ph34r:

I have always thought that UT should check out the talent close to home and go after players that have spent years, since they were old enough to know, dreaming of one thing - playing for the Big Orange!

Players that want to play for UT - players that mean it!

Right now, I would rank Alcoa and Maryville AHEAD of Rutherford County and Div II this year. Would Alcoa go undefeated against all those teams? Certainly not. As a previous poster compared, it would be as difficult as going undefeated in the SEC. There are just too many tough teams in Div II to play week in and week out to not slip up once.

I believe someone posted Alcoa could play someone from Div II in this new Blount County Kickoff and that they will still have 3 games left to schedule? How about OOS? A top regional team(not a weak Middletown team from KY) or the Herbstreit would be ideal and would give Alcoa a chance to carry the TN banner nationally.

Just let them play the Bethel Wildcats......they are a small college team(McKenzie, TN).....and I promise you, they would lose by alot. Comparing a high shcool team with a college team is rediculous. You are talking about Mr. Football candidates from all over playing on college teams against young and immature players. The pass defense would be very difficult for any high shcool team facing a college level QB with good, big receivers. That's like comparing the Oregon Ducks with the SF 49ers. It wouldn't even be a game. Defense would dominate the Oregon offense. Same thing would happen to HS team. Quit with the rediculous notions about them being good enough to let them play college teams. LMAO

Edited by matt_8777

Right now, I would rank Alcoa and Maryville AHEAD of Rutherford County and Div II this year. Would Alcoa go undefeated against all those teams? Certainly not. As a previous poster compared, it would be as difficult as going undefeated in the SEC. There are just too many tough teams in Div II to play week in and week out to not slip up once.

I believe someone posted Alcoa could play someone from Div II in this new Blount County Kickoff and that they will still have 3 games left to schedule? How about OOS? A top regional team(not a weak Middletown team from KY) or the Herbstreit would be ideal and would give Alcoa a chance to carry the TN banner nationally.

Hey there olmomavol, where ya been??Getting more tats?!:)

Just let them play the Bethel Wildcats......they are a small college team(McKenzie, TN).....and I promise you, they would lose by alot. Comparing a high shcool team with a college team is rediculous. You are talking about Mr. Football candidates from all over playing on college teams against young and immature players. The pass defense would be very difficult for any high shcool team facing a college level QB with good, big receivers. That's like comparing the Oregon Ducks with the SF 49ers. It wouldn't even be a game. Defense would dominate the Oregon offense. Same thing would happen to HS team. Quit with the rediculous notions about them being good enough to let them play college teams. LMAO

Yeesh, ya had to know it was a joke. Didn't you?

BS, how ya been? Not much OOS talk until recently. I'm most interested in getting Alcoa to step up and play some real teams, instead of just playing Maryville and then a bunch of chumps the rest of the year...

Oh ya , that's right you're a Huge Alcoa fan ... :roflol: ... still calling High School kids Chumps I see .... some things never change .