Milan dropping to single A?

Vandy15

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will NEVER happen, I promise. To many send their kids from north Jackson. I know...I use to have inside contacts.

You say they will bypass Medina to get to Milan. Now that is NEVER gonna happen :thumb:

They will never drop to 1A, but could very likely drop to 2A in several years. I'm sure some Milan fans will dispute this but in the long run, they would be better off.

haha, Ole Roy is sweating bullets already, lol. I could honestly see Milan dropping back to maybe 2A, but I highly doubt 1A. The Arsenal will effect the city of Milan greatly and also with South Gibson being built, it will start to take away students from Milan.

I was just ruffling ole Roys feathers a little. He is not gonna have to worry about them dropping to 1A, but it sure would have a bunch over there sweating bullets lol

According to the numbers sent in to the TSSAA, they sent in 639 as thier enrollment for the last half of this classification period. It is on the front page of the website a few scrolls down. It is actually up from 626 that they sent in two years ago. There is a good number of schools that are smaller than them in 2A and there is only one (Douglass 719) in 1A that turned in a bigger number. They will have to get down to around 530 in 2 years to have a chance to get to 1A.

I don't see S. Gibson Co. taking away a lot of kids. Milan has a great school and obviously a great football tradition. S.Gibson Co. is a young program that is going in the right direction but is on the way to being a huge school that flirts with being 3A before it is all said and done. I don't see a whole lot of kids leaving to go there.

Milan will lose kids from the arsenal closing and a handful from Jackson that stop in Medina instead of going 15 more minutes but I think they ultimately stayin 2A and every year lose no more than 2 games and go to at least the quarters every year.

Aaaah Tell Em To Put Their Big Boy Pants On And Come On Down :twisted: Ya Hosers!

It's is easy to talk smack when you know it wont happen. We both know that you will never admit it, but no one, not even you want to see Milan drop down to a 2A playoff team. It would mean that the current 2A playoff teams would all go home 1 round earlier.

It's is easy to talk smack when you know it wont happen. We both know that you will never admit it, but no one, not even you want to see Milan drop down to a 2A playoff team. It would mean that the current 2A playoff teams would all go home 1 round earlier.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you sleep better. Come on down to 2A...nobody is scared of you here. :twisted:

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you sleep better. Come on down to 2A...nobody is scared of you here. :twisted:

lol I never said anyone was scared. I said it is easy for people to talk smack when there is no chance of it happening. You can talk all day about how you would fare against an opponent that you will never face, but you know that if Milan was in 2A they would dominate. You don't have to worry though because I don't believe it will happen.

lol I never said anyone was scared. I said it is easy for people to talk smack when there is no chance of it happening. You can talk all day about how you would fare against an opponent that you will never face, but you know that if Milan was in 2A they would dominate. You don't have to worry though because I don't believe it will happen.

I heard they were tired of being Alcoa's whipping post, so they might come down to 2A.

Exactly...you don't know how you would fare against the top tier 2A teams. After seeing the performances by the Bulldogs in the "big show" here recently, I'd say there are a few 2A teams that could handle you. Dominate?.....by no means! <_<