MountainTroll

Potential 2A Quads  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which Map Makes The Most Sense?

• NashVegas Map
    • The MountainTroll's 2A Playoff Map #2
    • Somethin' Else
    • Smeagle's Map (see post #6)
    • All the MountainTroll's Posts is GARBAGE!
  2. 2. Do Them NashVegas Fellers Care 'Bout What Is Most Fair?

• Yes
    • No
    • That's a stupid question.
    • There's no such thing as "most fair".

Here is why guess and why:

Quad 1:

1 Hampton

4 Unaka

5 Oliver Springs

3 Rockwood

6 Boyd Buchanan

2 Wartburg

Quad 2:

1 Trousdale

4 Cascade

5 Jackson Co

3 FCS

6 Marion Co

2 Signal Mtn

Quad 3:

1 Riverside

4 WHH

5 TCS

3 MP

6 Adamsville

2 Forrest

Quad 4:

1 Mckenzie

4 Peabody

5 Westwood

3 Humbolt

6 Douglas

2 Dresden

Now for the explaination:

There is really nothing else you can do with Quad 1, Quad 2 could be tweaked but this senerio sticks with traditional geographic lines from the old playoff system. Trousdale and FCS has been going to Chatt. for years bc geogr it makes sense. Now here is my change. Quad 3 differs from present projections bc I believe TCS and adamsville coming east and Mckenzie and Dresden going west makes more sense geographically. adamsville and TCS are closer to the eastern middle teams than dresden and mckenzie. This isnt what I think should happen but according to TSSAA rules saying geogr will be only factor this is what I think will happen. The other factor that I just realized is the seeding process. NO PRIORITY will be given to region winners or automatic qualifiers for seeding, seeding will be done strictly by the playoffs standings. Again I dont agree with this (I mean why have districts and regions if they dont mean anything), but this is my take on what will happen by the guidelines in place.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks...this is nothing new here at this level. If you go back and look, there are several occassions where the "state championship" game was played in the quarter or semi final rounds. Not saying that will be the case this year. But historically...the west has had nothing to offer. Sorry if that offends, but the truth is the truth. The numbers don't lie. You can also look at some of the lop sided state games for further evidence. I can think of several years that the loser of the quarter and semi's would have probably beat the representative from the west. The cream usually rises to the top. No matter how tough it is to get there. :thumb:

What really sucks for McK...they had a team to win it all last year, but the T$$AA decided to send us west for the first time. They had to come to our place...well you know how that story ends. One could argue that the state game was played the week before we got to Cookeville. Rarely do the best two end up on the field together in week 15.

Looks like Cascade is headed to TC for the second round if everything stays on course. You buying dinner? ;)

:ph34r: Peabody wins quad 4. Take it to the bank. :ph34r:

It could very well happen! Peabody is playing well as of now and it is the right time to jell! Teams best not look over Peabody looking at the record! I have said all year Peabody is better than their record! Having to travel during the whole playoffs will hurt them in the long run! But it would be no shock to me to see them pull off an upset! Hopefully the Tide can make a good showing come playoff time! :thumb:

It could very well happen! Peabody is playing well as of now and it is the right time to jell! Teams best not look over Peabody looking at the record! I have said all year Peabody is better than their record! Having to travel during the whole playoffs will hurt them in the long run! But it would be no shock to me to see them pull off an upset! Hopefully the Tide can make a good showing come playoff time! :thumb:

I think that they could make some noise too. It's all about matchups. They played Dresden and Mckenzie early in the year and have gotten better since then, and Mckenzie has gotten more conceited,lol.

I've seen monkey poo fights at the zoo better organized or more fair than this scam the powers-that-be in the TSSAA are trying to put together.

Was the system they had prior to last year really so bad? It seemed to work fine, I thought. Win your way in. Top four teams from each region/district go to state.

When a team like 3A team Tyner wins its district, a district that includes 3A and 4A teams, then gets seeded BEHIND a team it already beat (Howard), something is darn wrong with the system. And that's just one example of several, I'm sure.

It's time to bring some freakin' COMMON SENSE back to the playoffs because the set-up in place now is an absolute JOKE.

Well said, I've been reading these threads for awhile and see that the posters have it all planned out. Even Mckenzie is on the band wagon of Humboldt not being a good team. What they never mentioned was their game saving illegal desperation tackle, and that our QB crossed the goal line the very next play. The ball was on the inch line, he jumps into the endzone and their defense pushes him back out of the endzone. It's all ok, keep taking "The Boldt" lightly. Everyone on here is so upset about the Quads, if yall are so dang tuff what difference does it make who you play first. There will be only one champion.

I have seen the video three times he QB did not cross but the goal line, thats water under the bridge.I do not think you will find a serious post from McKenzie fans that thinks Humbolt is not a good team. I'm not really upset about the quads just think the TSSAA should try to bring parity to the quads.

Edited by chipintn