Top 5 Teams in State (all classes and private)

phishdad

I've pondered about what wld happen if a team we play can shut down the run on us like we do to other teams...But then I said to myself, we have Willy C from Cheerokee! I mean this Kid has insane 4.38 bolt speed..plus we have spradlin! both guys are over 1000 yards and willy is over 2000 all purpose...They have over 35 Td's together...But are team doesnt end there. We have Speed, and tons of talent at ALL positions. We have other guys that run 4.4...What's scarry is the Devil D! Greeneville has outscored their opponets 491 points to 84 in 9 games. Closest team to score that many points is signal mountain(438).The devils havent scored less than 34 and haven't scored less than 55 since week 3...With a win friday it will be the devils 4 Conference title in a row(2 Imac/2 Brac) along with 3 undefeated confernece Titles and with one loss in 4 years to a conference fow.

So go ahead and count the Devils out just like everyone did lastyear. That's what we want you to do because at the end of the day you will see just how stupid you were when the devils hold up a gold ball! :thumb:

DUDE!....Calm Down. You are displaying a serious superiority complex.

GreenEville will probably win the Gold Ball in 4A. Nobody else is going to look stupid if they do. As a East Tn. resident I'm pulling for you. But your just like us at DB. Weak competition. The toughest team you have faced this year has been Sullivan South with a record of 5-4. This thread is about who is the top 5 (all divisions). These teams in middle Tennessee are used to playing teams of your caliper year in and year out. Theres 4 teams in middle Tn. alone thats better than GreenEville. Then theres Alcoa, Maryville and DB in the east.

No...I'm not lost...just watch the post season and let the "chips" fall where they may...you'll see that Ridgeway is a Top 5 team...plain..and simple!

Ridgeway is a very good football team. They have two running backs that would start for any team in the state. They have a 6-4 inch quarterback that tosses passes to a 6-4 receiver. Two lock down cornerbacks. With all that being said. They defeated Whitehaven 7-0 at home. Whitehaven had three touchdowns called back in that game for penalties and didn't have there best running back. Whitehaven is very good. I do understand that the proof is in the pudding and Whitehaven must make it out of Memphis to recieve any respect on this board. With that being said. LET THE PLAY-OFFS BEGIN!!!!!

• Upvote 1

DUDE!....Calm Down. You are displaying a serious superiority complex.

GreenEville will probably win the Gold Ball in 4A. Nobody else is going to look stupid if they do. As a East Tn. resident I'm pulling for you. But your just like us at DB. Weak competition. The toughest team you have faced this year has been Sullivan South with a record of 5-4. This thread is about who is the top 5 (all divisions). These teams in middle Tennessee are used to playing teams of your caliper year in and year out. Theres 4 teams in middle Tn. alone thats better than GreenEville. Then theres Alcoa, Maryville and DB in the east.

WaCoJaCo...wonderful post! It SO good to read posts from posters such as you that are HUGE fans yet not "total homers"...btw..congrats on a great season up in Kingsport! I agree with you, I like Greenville's chances at winning the 4A trophy...(although Liberty "might" be in the running as well although they had a "devastating loss" last Friday!) Anyway...Like you...I've not thrown my team in the mix either due to our schedule/district! Even though we (more than likely) will be a number 1 seed...I still don't think we are in the "Statewide Top 5"....yet...believe Ridgeway (who everyone dismisses due to them being a "public Memphis school") is the "absolute Real Deal"! Thanks for your objective and "non-homer" views and posts! keep them coming!

Your Crrazy QB!!!

Greeneville has had 4 Great Seasons in a row!

State Runners up from last season and undefeated record along with #1 ranking all year!!! Greeneville is on fire and I wld put them up against any of your so called top 5 :thumb:

Then your Green Devils would be 0-5! But I too love your enthusiasm!

Edited by QBClubPrez

1.Alcoa

2.Smyrna

3.Blackman

4.Oakland

5.Ensworth

others- Maryville, Greeneviile, Dobyns Bennett, Ridgeway, Knox Webb, Brentwood, MBA, Baylor, CBHS,

Anyone else find it interesting that Oakland and Smyrna both play 3 of the other 4 teams. Brentwood played 3 of them too. Just shows how much scheduling has to do with how good your team becomes, too bad TSSAA rewards wins regardless of competitions first and doesn't reward that until the 2nd tiebreaker. I don't think anyone would argue that Smyrna, Blackman, Oakland, Brentwood, and Riverdale for that matter are 5 of the top 10 teams in the state regardless of classification.

• Upvote 1

Your Crrazy QB!!!

Greeneville has had 4 Great Seasons in a row!

State Runners up from last season and undefeated record along with #1 ranking all year!!! Greeneville is on fire and I wld put them up against any of your so called top 5 :thumb:

i have had over 1200 post on CoachT...and 99% of them are always respectful...fun...poking...and certainly at times i push back...and if i do cross over the line...i try to re-read my post and quickly come back and make amends...

BUT...i can't put your post in any other category but "CRAZY AS A CRICKET IN A HUB CAP"...BLACKMAN...SMYRNA...OAKLAND...OR ANY OTHER TOP 5 TEAM IN 6A WOULD BEAT YALL LIKE A RED HEADED STEP CHILD...you know not what you talk about...just read this week that oakland is # 48 in nation...smyrna # 71...and blackman # 95...come on mr. florida...enjoy your good team...enjoy the undefeated season...enjoy the chance to win a state championship in 4A...but don't challenge the big boys...this ain't david and goliath where the giant gets rocked! :flower:

There are two teams in Memphis area who I believe would challenge any team in the state but its hard for anyone to tell unless you have actually seen all the teams play. Its just a good guess based on pride, fan base, and partiality which is what makes high school football so great. Ridgeway has beat some good teams that came after them and is undefeated and has earned everything they have got. Whitehaven is always a good team with as many D1 picks as any team in the state year after year. If I'm not mistaken a team from the Memphis area won state last year and was so far off the radar of middle and west tennessee they were shocked at how bad they were beat. I think Whitestation also had a couple of losses and still dominated the state game. Fact is we dont know who the best team in the state is, we can only speculate....thats what the playoffs are for. Good luck to all!!!!

Edited by trojanswars365
  • Upvote 1

I've pondered about what wld happen if a team we play can shut down the run on us like we do to other teams...But then I said to myself, we have Willy C from Cheerokee! I mean this Kid has insane 4.38 bolt speed..plus we have spradlin! both guys are over 1000 yards and willy is over 2000 all purpose...They have over 35 Td's together...But are team doesnt end there. We have Speed, and tons of talent at ALL positions. We have other guys that run 4.4...What's scarry is the Devil D! Greeneville has outscored their opponets 491 points to 84 in 9 games. Closest team to score that many points is signal mountain(438).The devils havent scored less than 34 and haven't scored less than 55 since week 3...With a win friday it will be the devils 4 Conference title in a row(2 Imac/2 Brac) along with 3 undefeated confernece Titles and with one loss in 4 years to a conference fow.

So go ahead and count the Devils out just like everyone did lastyear. That's what we want you to do because at the end of the day you will see just how stupid you were when the devils hold up a gold ball! :thumb:

ATTENTION TO ALL HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL FANS WHO THINK YOU HAVE GUYS THAT RUN 4.4'S ...

you don't. There are only a few guys in the state of Tennessee that are legit 4.4 or under guys. 4.6 or 4.7 is fairly fast for high school, even the faster guys in the state are "only" 4.5 guys. Doesn't mean they aren't good players (most of the guys in the SEC right now aren't 4.3 guys), but let's stop with the crazy talk.