Power District 14A

shockernation

I wasn't going to go to the game tonight,mostly because of the weather but heard Middle College had a pretty good boys team supposedely and not far from the house so I decided to go and see the boys teams mostly.The girls game,I should have came late or stayed home.Wasn't even a game.But I will comment because of my comments on the last game.The Jones girl looked pretty good last night.Like I said,she can shoot and seems to know where the basket is.Being just a freshman she can be a good player.Now to the Gray girl.I said she looked tired.She did look tired and out of energy against Greenfield.But like I said.to me she has a great shot .She looked better last night.She moved better,her color looked better.Maybe she was under the weather a little the night before.I know Middle College isn't Greenfield but she looked better energy wise.And the boys looked a lot better.Everyone hustled and played good team ball.I know everyone wants to play and the coach did that.The only negative I saw was having a 30+ lead and seeing it go down that quick to about 14 points.Suer glad it wasn't a 20 point lead.The subs against their starters.Just like the game before ,the coach put in the same 4 players and they couldn't get the ball down the court.About 5 straight steals and turnovers for layups for Middle.Then she decided to at least put a ball handler ,the Coleman kid in with those players and he got the ball down the court and stopped the bleeding.May need to at least keep a ball handler on the floor with those players.That's about the only negative.

I'm not trying to discredit any person I mention because they were all great players nor am I trying to step on any toes here. I got a big problem with how the officiating is when it comes to TT Flowers this year. TT is considered by many to be the best player in entire region, but yet she never gets the benefit of any close call. Where as, the stars of others teams such as Kayla Hudson(Gleason), Chassidy Fussell(Obion County), Molly Wallsmith(Bradford), and currently Jordan Gailey(Greenfield) all recieve the benefits of getting close calls. TT recieves no beneftis and gets not the first close call. I just think its a travesty.

T.T. is a great player. There is no doubt about it, but she also plays out of control at times. That is one reason she will not get those "close" calls as you say. When you go into the lane out of control, you will get called for charges. Also, most of the time they are not close. They are definitely charges. Every home town person thinks the calls against their team are wrong, but 95% of the time the refs are right. T.T. is a veteran in years played, but she is still younger than most in her class. She will most likely figure out how to play in control. If and when she does, she will be even better than she is now.

Bigster, ill give it to you guys, you are better than gibson co. this year. No argument there. However, the hype about butler over the years was legit. She won two state championships and got nominated for ms basketball her senior season. She is now the all time leading scorer in gc history as well. Your comparison between tt and butler is no comparison. Now, with that being said and out of the way, kendra williams from bolivar is better than tt, sorry. Also, jalita fason is better than tt as well. Just because a girl can not lock down tt for four quarters doesn't mean she is better than that player. It just means she is quicker. Go down into mempis to the good girls teams there and you'll find guards that match her athleticism.

Pioneer, I respect you and your posts most of the time but I got to say this. Lake County is better than any team in 13AA and TT is better than any point guard in 13AA this year. I dont understand why you have a hard time giving TT the credit she deserves. You have never said anything positive about TT Flowers, you always want to compare her to Heather Butler and now you want to pull somebody out of Memphis to compare her to. When TT was a freshman you dogged her and nobody in our area including Heather has had a freshman year like TT had. Heather had the luxury of playing under Kevin McMillan and David Russell which helped her develop into a great point guard. Lets give TT the time to develop and see what happens.

Heather Butler should be playing for UConn in your eyes but she is right where she ought to be at UT Martin. And Chassidy Fussell is at Texas and making an impact as a freshman at a bigtime school so please dont compare the two players, big-big difference.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

LOL, I never even brought up Heather Butler in this post except when bigster said something about it. Just because my name on here is GCPionner, it automatically means that the team/player is compared to a GC team/player, huh? And last I checked, Bolivar and Jackson NS isn't Memphis. I'm not the only one who has seen TT play that sees what I see, trust me. I've said she's an above average player on a good Single A team. I've given her some credit. Even yellowjackets1 agreed with me remotely by saying she plays out of control and fouls alot, which she does. It's just my opinion that TT is overhyped on coacht.

Edited by GCPioneer

T.T. is a great player. There is no doubt about it, but she also plays out of control at times. That is one reason she will not get those "close" calls as you say. When you go into the lane out of control, you will get called for charges. Also, most of the time they are not close. They are definitely charges. Every home town person thinks the calls against their team are wrong, but 95% of the time the refs are right. T.T. is a veteran in years played, but she is still younger than most in her class. She will most likely figure out how to play in control. If and when she does, she will be even better than she is now.

You talk about TT's fouls just because they are more noticeable. What about the fouls that jordan gailey gets away with she pushes off the whole game to create space, but there is never a call just because tt is fast does not mean she is out of control. There is a difference between the two and if you ever watch her play more than 1 or 2 games a year, you would understand why I am saying that she is under control more than not.

You talk about TT's fouls just because they are more noticeable. What about the fouls that jordan gailey gets away with she pushes off the whole game to create space, but there is never a call just because tt is fast does not mean she is out of control. There is a difference between the two and if you ever watch her play more than 1 or 2 games a year, you would understand why I am saying that she is under control more than not.

As I said, everyone believes that there players don't foul. Every time a ref blows a whistle, one side is happy and the other side boos. The refs are right 95% of the time. Jordan Gailey does not get "star" treatment. Everyone can point to a foul that they believe the other team's main player got away with. Most refs call a pretty good game, and anyone that is not a Lake Co. fan that is objective would say that T.T. is good but out of control a lot. It is not the end of the world. It is just a true statement.

LOL, I never even brought up Heather Butler in this post except when bigster said something about it. Just because my name on here is GCPionner, it automatically means that the team/player is compared to a GC team/player, huh? And last I checked, Bolivar and Jackson NS isn't Memphis. I'm not the only one who has seen TT play that sees what I see, trust me. I've said she's an above average player on a good Single A team. I've given her some credit. Even yellowjackets1 agreed with me remotely by saying she plays out of control and fouls alot, which she does. It's just my opinion that TT is overhyped on coacht.

I only brought up Butler because like Greenfield said,you seem to never have anything good to say about T.T.Yes she does make mistakes but she still has a young team around her overall.Nobody has ever said she was the best outside shooter but she has improved from previous years.But all the other things she does is what makes her valuable to the team.If T.T. were on Gibson Co's team I'm pretty sure the comments would be different.Last two years all we heard was Bultler and Gibson co.Nothing wrong with that.Last two years there would be 20 posts a day from you about Gibson co.Not very much now it seems,just something every once in awhile.I've actually talked more about Simone and Tiana this year than T.T...I haven't said Lake Co will go unbeaten,will win the State.Greenfield,Humboldt,Bradford may beat us one night.Never know.But if T.T.,Carnation and Simone are all on the floor..they will be tough to beat.Like I said and Greenfield touched on this is that Butler is a fine player,.Like he said ..Not a Tenn or Conn type player but a U.T.M. type player.Nothing wrong with that.But there is a difference between averaging 21 points a game at U.T.M. and averaging 20 points a game at Texas.No comparison at all.But according to you the last two years Butler,and the two big girls were the best thing since sliced bread.All were good players but not as great as you made they seem.As a matter of fact and I'll try to find out for sure.U.T.M. may be recruiting T.T..I'm good friends with her aunt so I'll find out.She still has a year left.I did have a woman I work with that said she read a letter from U.T.M. but not sure if they are just watching or whatever.

Edited by mrbigster

I only brought up Butler because like Greenfield said,you seem to never have anything good to say about T.T.Yes she does make mistakes but she still has a young team around her overall.Nobody has ever said she was the best outside shooter but she has improved from previous years.But all the other things she does is what makes her valuable to the team.If T.T. were on Gibson Co's team I'm pretty sure the comments would be different.Last two years all we heard was Bultler and Gibson co.Nothing wrong with that.Last two years there would be 20 posts a day from you about Gibson co.Not very much now it seems,just something every once in awhile.I've actually talked more about Simone and Tiana this year than T.T...I haven't said Lake Co will go unbeaten,will win the State.Greenfield,Humboldt,Bradford may beat us one night.Never know.But if T.T.,Carnation and Simone are all on the floor..they will be tough to beat.Like I said and Greenfield touched on this is that Butler is a fine player,.Like he said ..Not a Tenn or Conn type player but a U.T.M. type player.Nothing wrong with that.But there is a difference between averaging 21 points a game at U.T.M. and averaging 20 points a game at Texas.No comparison at all.But according to you the last two years Butler,and the two big girls were the best thing since sliced bread.All were good players but not as great as you made they seem.As a matter of fact and I'll try to find out for sure.U.T.M. may be recruiting T.T..I'm good friends with her aunt so I'll find out.She still has a year left.I did have a woman I work with that said she read a letter from U.T.M. but not sure if they are just watching or whatever.

The same thing can be said for the way Lake Co. fans talk about T.T., Carnation, and Simone. Just sayin'

Well, they're pretty close to being the best thing since sliced bread, lol. 70 and 1 in two years including one undefeated season. I mean the only thing not perfect about that is the 1 loss, lol. Actually I've been following utm more this season and have also gone off to see other games such as the oak hill and melrose game. I knew gc was down this year. I still made topics on the gc westview game as well as gc oc game. Had it not been for me making those threads, most likely one wouldn't have been made. And I congratulated both teams afterwards. I knew we were the underdogs and would probably take a l, but I still posted anyways.

I like Gibson County the last two years but one little comment about Gibson County and there 70 wins. If you take transfer in Aubrey Reedy off that team then Gibson County doesnt win two Gold Balls, I hope you will agree with that. Aubrey was the missing piece to Gibson County's team that would have made a huge difference at Westview or any school where she transfered to. Without Aubrey Reedy then I'm not sure Gibson County would get out of the region.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

Well, they're pretty close to being the best thing since sliced bread, lol. 70 and 1 in two years including one undefeated season. I mean the only thing not perfect about that is the 1 loss, lol. Actually I've been following utm more this season and have also gone off to see other games such as the oak hill and melrose game. I knew gc was down this year. I still made topics on the gc westview game as well as gc oc game. Had it not been for me making those threads, most likely one wouldn't have been made. And I congratulated both teams afterwards. I knew we were the underdogs and would probably take a l, but I still posted anyways.

I'm just messing with you.You and yall's fans had a reason to post about Gibson co.They were the best team I watched play.You have your opinion about T.T. and that's understandable also.But for those that have seen her game after game,then some of the plays and moves she had made are jaw dropping.You probably saw teams that we played in a zone.Or at least the majority of the time.She has some moves that only a few players can do.