Power District 14A

shockernation

I am stunned at how Lake Co lost this game.Still can't believe they lost this game.Really not going to comment until tomorrow because I'm upset at several things.For one,T.T. playing out of control at times.And the charge call .I have no idea at all what he was looking at.I stayed for the Poplar Bluff-Dyersburg game but wasn't going to because I was so upset and still am.Not sure if I will even go tomorrow.Don't know how the girls will sleep tomorrow and their mind set tomorrow by playing for 3rd place.Maybe they'll be ok once the game begins but can't see them playing well tomorrow.

Bigster, did you see me up there today? I'm still waiting to meet ya one day, lol.

As for the LC.... the charge call on TT was pretty pathetic. Has Lake Co. had a previous run in with this ref before? The technical on the coach was pretty quick as it was only about 3 minutes into the game. Coach Newsome was giving the ref 9 kinds of heck, but I still feel the ref was a bit quick with it. I will say this...Lake Co.'s shooting has gotten ALOT better as a team since last year. Shamone hit some big 3's when LC really needed them. TT could never get into the rhythm of the game with her foul situation. Lake Co. is a 6 foot tall post player away from being an EXTREMELY good team.

As for OC....you've got to give 'em credit. They stuck around as long as they needed to and made their run towards the end to send it to OT. Mackenzie Tucker hit some clutch 3 point shots there towards the end. I do think that OC could've utilized their size differential a little more than what they did. Goodman had a good 4-5 inches on LC's tallest player. She did have a good game though. Congrats to OC on a big win.

I'm anxious to see what someone from neither school thought about this game.The officials or at least one controlled this game.Worst officiating and coaching I've seen in a long time.I know a lot of people think T.T. fouls a lot and even so,tonight she was ripped off as were the fans.Central scored first to go up 2-0 but Lake Co was looking good and a lot faster and Lake Co went up 12-2.T.T. was called for her 3rd foul with just 3 minutes played in the first quarter.She never played the rest of the first quarter or the entire 2nd quarter.Lake Co still led by about 10 going into the 3rd quarter.Thought Lake Co might keep T.T. on the bench at the start of the 3rd quarter and still a good lead but didn't.Several people from Dyersburg thought she had been called for a couple cheap touches by that 1 official but the worst call of the night came at about the 2 minute mark or so in the 3rd quarter.T.T. got a rebound,leaned around the Central player to shoot a layup with no contact at all.The Central player didn't foul and T.T. didn't charger.Was no contact at all.That same official called a charge on T.T..The whole gym booded.The same official also called a tech on Lake Co coach Brett Johnson that as it turned out ,cost Lake Co the game.The same official also called Lake Co for a 5 second violation late in the game.Now for the worst coaching.Lake Co was up by about 5 points with just over a minute left.Central came down and hit a 3.Lake Co came back and hit a 3.Still about a 5 point lead.Central comes down again and the same girl hits another 3 to pull within 2 points.That's two 3's by the same girl coach.Central has to foul and Lake Co hits both to go up by 4.Central comes down and hits anothe r3 by the same girl to pull within 1 point with 10 seconds left.Central fouls Lake Co and Lake Co makes both free throws to go up again by 3 points .Things looked pretty good for Lake Co.A 3 point lead with about 10 seconds to play.And Lake Co only has 4 fouls and still has 3 fouls to give before Central shoots.You would think a coach that knows anything would have Central inbound the ball and take a couple dribbles and take 2 or 3 seconds off the clock and then foul.Then let Central take the ball out again and let them dribble a couple times and foul again.If that happens it wouldn't be but about 4 or 5 seconds left.Then let Central take the ball out again and foul and put Central on the line with about 2 or 3 seconds had they did what they should have done.A 3 point lead.Even if Central hits both,Lake Co wins by 1 point with T.T. sitting out about 3 quarters of the game or close to it.But instead,Central has the ball and throws it to the big girl with about 7 seconds left.Lake Co should have fouled her immediately.But didn't.She passed the ball to a team mate and she hit a big 3 pointer to tie the game with about 3 seconds left.Lake Co tried to call time but the officials never looked.By this time T.T. and Simone Pearson had both fouled out and knew Central was probably going to win in overtime.Maybe this will help later in the season.Surely won't be stupid enough to have a 3 point lead and fouls to give and not foul.And if the coach did tell them to foul and they didn't.Maybe they should be on the bench.But still.Th eplayes should know they have a 3 point lead and even if you foul and they hit both,you still win.Terrible coaching to go along with the officiating.Central won on the scoreboard and congrats for that.They did hit some big shots at the end.Not many teams would come down and hit 3 in a row,much less another at the buzzer but again,that's coaching by not spreading the defense and taking away the 3 point shot completely.When Lake Co had all their playes on the floor,it was no doubt they had the best team.Lake Co led by around 15 points at 1 time and with T.T. on the bench,Central got several turnovers.But T.T. also made a few turnovers at the end as well before fouling out.

Do ya really think the coaches were not trying to do this exact thing you are talking about?!!!!! Come on these are 14 to 18 yr old kids..........how many times have you asked your 16 yr old to do something and it not get done right?!!!!! I imagine 9 out of 10 times it is done incorrectly!!!! It is amazing these coaches accomplish as much as they do!!!

sbl

Do ya really think the coaches were not trying to do this exact thing you are talking about?!!!!! Come on these are 14 to 18 yr old kids..........how many times have you asked your 16 yr old to do something and it not get done right?!!!!! I imagine 9 out of 10 times it is done incorrectly!!!! It is amazing these coaches accomplish as much as they do!!!

sbl

Evidently he didn't get his point across...Don't know if he had any timeouts left but if he did,he should have used them to tell them to foul.Didn't see a timeout.And if he didn't,he should have been screaming..foul.foul as soon as Central got the ball.Didn't hear that either.Poor coaching job,pure and simple lost this game at the end.And then let the same girl come down and make three 3 pointers in a row.Put girls out on the wings and make them shoot a two.If that was what he was trying to do as you say and they didn't listen,maybe a spot on the bench will get their attention.This might be a blessing in case this scenario comes up later in the season.

Bigster, did you see me up there today? I'm still waiting to meet ya one day, lol.

As for the LC.... the charge call on TT was pretty pathetic. Has Lake Co. had a previous run in with this ref before? The technical on the coach was pretty quick as it was only about 3 minutes into the game. Coach Newsome was giving the ref 9 kinds of heck, but I still feel the ref was a bit quick with it. I will say this...Lake Co.'s shooting has gotten ALOT better as a team since last year. Shamone hit some big 3's when LC really needed them. TT could never get into the rhythm of the game with her foul situation. Lake Co. is a 6 foot tall post player away from being an EXTREMELY good team.

As for OC....you've got to give 'em credit. They stuck around as long as they needed to and made their run towards the end to send it to OT. Mackenzie Tucker hit some clutch 3 point shots there towards the end. I do think that OC could've utilized their size differential a little more than what they did. Goodman had a good 4-5 inches on LC's tallest player. She did have a good game though. Congrats to OC on a big win.

I will agree with you on Central hanging around and give them credit.But that's not hard to do with the best player on the bench the whole game.I would be willing to bet all the fans from Greenfield,Bradford would bet a ton of money before the game if you said T.T. was going to only play a litttle over a quarter and if you thought those teaams would beat Lake Co.For Lake Co to even been in the game was mind boggling.But some girls stepped up.When T.T. was in the game,she was breaking the press and whipping passes and Lake Co was hitting easy baskets.The girl your talking about hit some big shots but several times ,the big girl could have been called for coming over Carnation's back on rebounds.Congrats to Central.They got all the calls from the same official.It actually looked like because of the tech by Coach Johnson,he had a vendetta to show his power .And with as many crucial calls against Lake Co,by the same official.seemed to look obvious.Especially on that charge call on a rebound.Central won and congrats but the betetr team is playing for 3rd place.Don't see how that official slept last night and the guy over the officials,Roger Shore was there last night.He should be ashamed that an official actually took over that game with so many blantant calls.

Edited by lcwildfalcon

As an outsider like you,I wonder the same thing.The Lake Co coach must have had a previous run in with this official.I think his name is Blackburn from Halls.Like you said,the tech was about 3 minutes in the game and Lake Co had a double digit lead.Sure looked like he had a grudge .But that 4th foul call he made on the Flowers girl looked to be blantant.Several of us from Dyer Co and Dyersburg were in disbelief.But still a lot of bad decisions by Lake Co .Should have still won the game.

I agree with you LCwild on the officiating. Had to be the worst I have seen all year. Fouls were 7-0 in OC favor in the first quarter. When some one screamed that out even one of the officials looked up at scoreboard and sheepishly smiled and shook his head!! O fouls I was begiining to think they were foul proof. As far as the end of the game LC did almost everything they needed to win the game except defend the 3. They made clutch shots and free throws. I agree the players must recognize this and get their rotations down but I was close enough to the bench to here them being told that very thing at the end of the game. Even heard Coach Johnson say on the side out of bounds give them a layup but no three pointers. The big girl for OC made the play of the game in my opinion by sliding in fron and screening the LC defennder on the game tying three pointer. LC defender got caught under screen and not sure where the post defender was to rotate out. There is an ole saying you can lead a horse to water but you can't make'em drink.Believe me I know it is tough at times to get your point across to teenage players in the stress of a highly emotional contest. As a coach you hope the girls learn from this and build on it down the stretch.

I didn't see you there.Figured you went to the Gibson Co-Bradford game.I don't know if the official or Coach Johnson has had previous run ins before.Or if T.T. may have beaten up his daughter.He should be ashamed that he puts that uniform on tonight for the Lake Co 3rd place game or the Central championship game,with the calls he made .But you know yourself that this official took Lake Co out of the game.I thought Shamone,Tiana ,Shasta all made some long three's to have gotten Lake Co the win.Lake Co led the whole game until about 8 seconds left and the other girls still played well eneough and still should have won.Maybe this loss will help somewhere along the way. Anyway.Nothing is going to change the outcome.Not the end of the world to lose to Central no matter if T.T. had played the whole game or if the officiating had of been great.A lot of teams have lost to Central.Good luck to Central tonight.

GC and Bradford play tonight at 7. I would come back to Dyersburg, but I guess I'll just head over to GC to watch our boys and girls play.

I ought to come and join you.Not sure I can stomach watching and seeing that one official tonight.Anyway.I did see that when T.T. and Carnation and Shamone are on the floor..with the shooters we have in Tiana,Shasta and Brooke ..we're going to be a tough team to beat in Single A if we play ball.No doubt in my mind if everyone stayed on the floor last night,Lake Co wins by double digits.T.T. has been getting in foul trouble early in every game.May need to think about going to a zone at the start of some games against some teams and hopefully she won't get called for a lot of those reach,touch fouls and then play man to man later.

Edited by mrbigster