ALCOA VS GREENEVILLE WHO WOULD WIN?

polkalumn01

FOR EVERYONES INFO YES IM A DIE HARD POLK FAN AND GRADUATE.. I DID START THIS THREAD.. I HEAR ALL THE TALK THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE THINK THESE ARE THETWO BEST TEAMS IN THE STATE.. LAST YR WITH THE UPSET OF A GOOD RED BANK TEAM GREENVILLE GOT SOME PEOPLES ATTENTION.. I JUS WANTED EVERYONES TAKE.. I THIKN ALCOA WOULD WIN .. SOMEWHERE AROUND 30 21.. BUT THEY COULD PROB GIVE ALCOA FITS AND A REAL TIGHT GAME.. I SEEN EM BOTH PLAY AND I BELIEVE IT WOULD BE A GOOD MATCH UP.. TO BAD IT COULDN HAPPEN THIS SEASON.. SO DOES ANYONE KOW WERE ALCOA RANKS 0N THE NATIONAL POLL.. DONT SEEM LIKE THEY GET THE CREDIT LIKE CLEVELAND DID IN THE LATE 90S.. NOR DOES MARYVILLE.. BUT GOOD LUCK TO U BOTH ON BRUNGIN HOME THE GOLD.. U NEVER KNOW ALCOA MA MEET US THIS SEASON.. BUT U TAKE EM ONE AT A TIME .. NO LOOKING AHEAD ..

I have to admit that alot of us male students use to call him ottis c behind his back.I would always call him Mr.Abbott when I addressed him cause we still had paddling when I went there,and believe me you did not want to get a whippin from Mr.Abbott................Sorry for calling you ottis c .........Sir

Same here :thumb:

As a die hard Greeneville fan I would have to give Respect to the Tornadoes for who they are and what they've accomplished over the past years. My initial thoughts would be that they would beat the Devils, but this years team might just suprise some folks. When you're king, it's hard to accept that someone else may just beat you. Again I'm not declaring a Greeneville victory, but I believe it may be a bit close than the F5ers would like.

Fixed! if you are going to give respect then respect the name :thumb:

Edited by alcoafan72

FOR EVERYONES INFO YES IM A DIE HARD POLK FAN AND GRADUATE.. I DID START THIS THREAD.. I HEAR ALL THE TALK THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE THINK THESE ARE THETWO BEST TEAMS IN THE STATE.. LAST YR WITH THE UPSET OF A GOOD RED BANK TEAM GREENVILLE GOT SOME PEOPLES ATTENTION.. I JUS WANTED EVERYONES TAKE.. I THIKN ALCOA WOULD WIN .. SOMEWHERE AROUND 30 21.. BUT THEY COULD PROB GIVE ALCOA FITS AND A REAL TIGHT GAME.. I SEEN EM BOTH PLAY AND I BELIEVE IT WOULD BE A GOOD MATCH UP.. TO BAD IT COULDN HAPPEN THIS SEASON.. SO DOES ANYONE KOW WERE ALCOA RANKS 0N THE NATIONAL POLL.. DONT SEEM LIKE THEY GET THE CREDIT LIKE CLEVELAND DID IN THE LATE 90S.. NOR DOES MARYVILLE.. BUT GOOD LUCK TO U BOTH ON BRUNGIN HOME THE GOLD.. U NEVER KNOW ALCOA MA MEET US THIS SEASON.. BUT U TAKE EM ONE AT A TIME .. NO LOOKING AHEAD ..

#66 rivals

#90 (unapproved website)

#21 (mid level)Sports power.com

Edited by alcoafan72

Just to muddy the water a little more, here are a couple of computer rankings of Alcoa's and Greeneville's regular season opponents. I want to say up front that these rankings in NO WAY indicate the relative strengths of the Alcoa and Greeneville teams or should be used to predict which team might win if they played head to head. Let me say that I'm kind of skeptical about the absolute validity of the computer polls, but they are a rough indicator of the relative strengths of the teams across the state.

The two systems used are the Ken Massey and Sonny Moore computer rankings. All teams that participate in TSSAA football are ranked from strongest to weakest regardless of classification, with the ranking of 1 indicating the best team in the entire state. Both teams finished 10-0 against their schedules.

Greeneville Opponents

Sullivan South ********** Massey 72 Moore 43

Jefferson County ******* Massey 107 Moore 91

Tennessee High ******** Massey 125 Moore 101

Elizabethton *********** Massey 152 Moore 136

Claiborne ************* Massey 208 Moore 251

West Greene ********** Massey 226 Moore 247

South Greene ********** Massey 247 Moore 237

Chuckey-Doak ******** Massey 254 Moore 284

Grainger ************* Massey 292 Moore 296

Cumberland Gap ****** Massey 296 Moore 286

Alcoa Opponents

Maryville ************ Massey 7 Moore 1

CAK *************** Massey 39 Moore 37

Loudon ************* Massey 79 Moore 90

Howard ************ Massey 87 Moore 98

Fulton ************** Massey 98 Moore 105

Scott County ******** Massey 131 Moore 125

Kingston *********** Massey 141 Moore 133

Stone Memorial ***** Massey 229 Moore 215

McMinn Central **** Massey 316 Moore 270

Middlesboro, Ky Not Ranked

Neither team played a juggernaut of a schedule this year, but at least according to these two computer rankings, Alcoa's schedule appeared to be somewhat tougher.

According to both Massey and Moore, 6 out of 10 of Greeneville's opponents were ranked 200th in the state or worse. Massey's rankings say that Greeneville beat only 1 of the state's top 100 teams. Moore says they beat 2.

According to Massey, Alcoa beat 5 of the top 100 teams in the state. Moore says they beat 4.

What all this means - probably very little. Just thought I'd add it to the conversation.

Edited by ChaunceyGardiner

From what I could see from their schedule, Greeneville hasnt really played anyone. Thats a typical argument though for North East Tn teams. Its kinda like the Boise Rule. They might have a decent team but can never really prove it because they dont ever play out of the North East. If they ran into a freight train like Alcoa though, I dont expect them to be much of a match. The mercy rule probably wouldnt take effect until 4th Quarter but Alcoa would def win by 4+ TDs

You really must be out of your mind. Theres no high school team in tennessee that would put the mercy rule on greeneville. If this game does happen next year i will be surprised if alcoa wins. Greeneville only losers 5 starters. They will have the best defense in the state and if they can get there offense going they will be the best all round team in the state. This year alcoa probably would win 3 of a 5 game seris. But for thinking alcoa would win by mercy is absolutely crazy.

You really must be out of your mind. Theres no high school team in tennessee that would put the mercy rule on greeneville. If this game does happen next year i will be surprised if alcoa wins. Greeneville only losers 5 starters. They will have the best defense in the state and if they can get there offense going they will be the best all round team in the state. This year alcoa probably would win 3 of a 5 game seris. But for thinking alcoa would win by mercy is absolutely crazy.

If I was Alcoa or an Alcoa fan I wouldn't concern myself too much with this I know for a fact that Maryville is 0-32 in these hypothetical games.

From what I could see from their schedule, Greeneville hasnt really played anyone. Thats a typical argument though for North East Tn teams. Its kinda like the Boise Rule. They might have a decent team but can never really prove it because they dont ever play out of the North East. If they ran into a freight train like Alcoa though, I dont expect them to be much of a match. The mercy rule probably wouldnt take effect until 4th Quarter but Alcoa would def win by 4+ TDs

Good point...........kind of like when Tennessee High came to Maryville with a perfect record and lost 49-0. Weak area for football.