Sullivan South vs Daniel Boone 1st Round

THSVikings2004

I have to say the fight was pretty big with many south players coming all the way across the field to Boones sideline and start throwing punches. I seen coaches involved and the South coach looked like he was trying to fight some of Boones coaches from my stand point. The refs let the game get to that point and its there fault. What i dont understand is we pick off the pass a race to our own 20 yet when play is resumed after the brawl the refs spot the ball at Souths twenty. Now it doesn't take a genius or at least anyone who watches football to know that something was wrong with that picture. My honest opinion is that the TSSAA should never let any of those refs step back on a football field again. Blown calls all night from clear face masks to the line judge running 10 yards past where the ball was punted out of bounds, yet he back tracks another 15 yards. Also Kevin Connell clearly had a touchdown and how you can magically strip a ball while his forward progress was in the end zone and hes getting thrown back 4 yards and the ball comes out then just blew my mind.

Boone gave South every chance in the world. But it takes more than there super human QB to win, you need recievers, running backs, and offensive line that will actually block for him.

Boone player picked off a pass, races up the sideline gets tackled near the Boone sideline. Next thing you know fists are flying, players getting thrown around and the police on the field to break it up. After the teams finally gets seperated the official is on the ground laid out. Took 10 min. to get him off the ground. After all is said and done 2 boone players and 1 South ejected.

"Ain't no need for that fist fightin" Score looked tight like a great game, but bet it will be remembered for the fight, not the score! What in the world happened to the official?

I'm glad the guy is alright, but if he hadn't blown the fumble call on Sanders the possession before the pick, he never would of been in that position.

It was definately the refs fault that the brawl happen to begin with. Blown calls made a lot of people unhappy and as both teams are rednecks..well you get the equation when you mix the two together

It was definately the refs fault that the brawl happen to begin with. Blown calls made a lot of people unhappy and as both teams are rednecks..well you get the equation when you mix the two together

If this had been DB losing a first round playoff game there would be several South fans on here throwing that "One and Done" crap in our face. Well Im not going to do that to the South fans. I want to, but Im just not going to say "One and Done".

• Upvote 1

I have to say the fight was pretty big with many south players coming all the way across the field to Boones sideline and start throwing punches. I seen coaches involved and the South coach looked like he was trying to fight some of Boones coaches from my stand point. The refs let the game get to that point and its there fault. What i dont understand is we pick off the pass a race to our own 20 yet when play is resumed after the brawl the refs spot the ball at Souths twenty. Now it doesn't take a genius or at least anyone who watches football to know that something was wrong with that picture. My honest opinion is that the TSSAA should never let any of those refs step back on a football field again. Blown calls all night from clear face masks to the line judge running 10 yards past where the ball was punted out of bounds, yet he back tracks another 15 yards. Also Kevin Connell clearly had a touchdown and how you can magically strip a ball while his forward progress was in the end zone and hes getting thrown back 4 yards and the ball comes out then just blew my mind.

Boone gave South every chance in the world. But it takes more than there super human QB to win, you need recievers, running backs, and offensive line that will actually block for him.

Hats off to Boone on a great defensive gameplan. They shut down the south offense all night. Heads up play by the Boone defensive back to strip the ball away at the end. Best of luck next week.

The fight was ugly for both sides. My understanding is that 4 personal fouls were called on the play, 1 against South and 3 against Boone. The one for South and one for boone were offsetting, and then 2 15 yd penalties were assessed against Boone. There were more players involved from both sides, and there may be some additional suspensions after the tape is reviewed. I hate that the fight taints a hard fought game played by both sides, and the suspensions will affect Boone next week.