Playoff Games in 1 A

uctfan

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There not that bad either, if the teams in your district come into region 6 games with that attitude then they may have their hands full.

No, Region 6 is not a bad region but all we have heard it is the best in the state. In the overall scheme of things what has the region really produced over the years. No state titles, a couple of semi final teams and not much more than that. District 14 has a combined 4 state titles, 7 runner-ups, and many semi final apperances. Nobody is overlooking teams from region 6 but everbody is overlooking the West TN teams. Perry Co. has a good football team this year but to hear them talk they are the best team to ever play. I hope they take Union City for granted.

I'm pretty satisified with the bracket that Lake Co is in.No matter what was going to happen,Lake Co was probably going to play JoByrnes or Wayne co ,so wasn't going to be an easy task.The loss Wayne Co had to Perry Co hurt them and now it's either going to hurt them or Jo Byrnes. probably if they were to meet..A very good team is going home early.But with Perry Co beating Wayne Co..I believe they will be the team to beat.Heard they had a really good quarterback and a couple receivers.If they arent very strong on defense..Union City could give them some trouble with ball control and two weeks from now,the weather could be colder and may hurt the passing attack somewhat of Perry Co.In Lake Co's case..either a rematch with South Fulton,a team that beat Lake Co but Lake Co had plenty of chances to score 2 or 3 more times but South Fulton is without their starting quarteback which hurts them a little ,although the backup played well against Union City.And Huntingdon has played some pretty tough teams but still not as good as the teams of old.But still will be a tough opponent..So really..all the teams should be happy with their draws.Perry Co because they are the number 1 seed and all the other teams should feel like they have a great chance as well.

Edited by mrbigster

Pollcat, I think lakecountyfalconfan meant no disrespect it just seems that the west gets little respect and if you go back for the last few years, with the exception of Jo Byrns in 2008 the state representative has come from the west bracket. Union City twice(2005,2009) JCS in 2006, Mckenzie in 2007. Again not saying there are bad teams that way but more so saying good teams over here. Teams need not let Union City and Huntingdon's record fool ya they play strong schedules. H-town losses are to UC(A playoffs), Mckenzie (AA playoffs), Milan(AAA playoffs),Westview(AAA playoffs), Dyer Co.(5A playoffs)and Camden(AAA playoffs). Very difficult schedule. UC has lost to Trenton(AA playoffs)Humbolt(AA playoffs), TCA(AA playoffs) and Lake Co.(A playoffs)again difficult schedule. This bracket is wide open and you better bring it every Friday.

No, Region 6 is not a bad region but all we have heard it is the best in the state. In the overall scheme of things what has the region really produced over the years. No state titles, a couple of semi final teams and not much more than that. District 14 has a combined 4 state titles, 7 runner-ups, and many semi final apperances. Nobody is overlooking teams from region 6 but everbody is overlooking the West TN teams. Perry Co. has a good football team this year but to hear them talk they are the best team to ever play. I hope they take Union City for granted.

I don't think that Perry County will take UC for granted. If they do it will be hard for them to win. UC seems to have a weak win loss record but you have throw that out at the playoffs. Your the one that said that Region 6 is not that good.

Pollcat, I think lakecountyfalconfan meant no disrespect it just seems that the west gets little respect and if you go back for the last few years, with the exception of Jo Byrns in 2008 the state representative has come from the west bracket. Union City twice(2005,2009) JCS in 2006, Mckenzie in 2007. Again not saying there are bad teams that way but more so saying good teams over here. Teams need not let Union City and Huntingdon's record fool ya they play strong schedules. H-town losses are to UC(A playoffs), Mckenzie (AA playoffs), Milan(AAA playoffs),Westview(AAA playoffs), Dyer Co.(5A playoffs)and Camden(AAA playoffs). Very difficult schedule. UC has lost to Trenton(AA playoffs)Humbolt(AA playoffs), TCA(AA playoffs) and Lake Co.(A playoffs)again difficult schedule. This bracket is wide open and you better bring it every Friday.

And Obion Central...4A Playoffs....

Good Luck to Union City, South Fulton and Lake County...

Why do you always hate on Region 6? Are you mad that yall got bumped out of the #1 seed or did someone pee in your cherios this morning... Region 6 is represented in three different quads and i say good luck to all!

I don't hate on Region 6. That region has some good football teams. People are overlooking the West Tn teams but it will all play out over the next few weeks.

P&G. Thanks for the other, forgot that as well. Thanks for the well wishes and good luck as well. I think it is wrong that you guys and Ripley have to play again Friday. That is why these playoffs are so messed up IMO. My point was alot of good teams that can beat each other on a given night. Good luck to all West TN teams.

I don't hate on Region 6. That region has some good football teams. People are overlooking the West Tn teams but it will all play out over the next few weeks.

The reason that people overlook all the western teams is because all of the good teams get matched up against each other and beat up on each other during the season. That's why we don't really know who the "good" teams are until the playoffs. People only say South Pittsburg is a beast because they basically cake-walk to the championship every year out of the east.

The reason that people overlook all the western teams is because all of the good teams get matched up against each other and beat up on each other during the season. That's why we don't really know who the "good" teams are until the playoffs. People only say South Pittsburg is a beast because they basically cake-walk to the championship every year out of the east.

I agree with your post and I meant no disrespect to any teams in region 6.

Yes, most teams in the East are easy for the pirates now...BUT...before when we had to run the gauntlet of Trousdale, Friendship, Gordonsville, Hampton, etc..when they were real good mind you...that was not an easy trip :thumb: Sp strength of schedule only playing 2 1a teams helps them in playoffs I think

South Pittsburg must work to get through each round. Then they will run into Gordonsville in the playoffs AGAIN this season. I remember the days when they had to beat any combination of Boyd Buchanan, DCA, BGA, Trousdale, Friendship, Gordonsville just to make it to the championship. It was tough. I think 1A is pretty wide open to be honest. Do I think South Pittsburg has a shot? Absolutely, but several other teams do as well.

South Pittsburg

Gordonsville

Jo Byrns

Wayne County

Perry County

Union City

Lake County

These are the teams to watch. I would bet the championship participants will come from these teams.

Edited by TheAmbassador