Tyner at Polk County

polkalumni

Oh yeah i forgot you can't catch what you can't see. Ask south pitt how their team speed helped them against polk.

This is very true. but i have seen both of those teams. both are good. but i'm just warining you that south pitt has no where near the size that tyner does. i said it before it will be a close game.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even know where to start on this one. You really can't compare who they have played in common because there is no one and not like that is a good comparison standard anyway. I will have to say that their schedule wasn't as "tough" as some say because football is in a major slump in our area with the exception of a few teams. I know it's hard to swallow but when you can say Bradley Central is one of the best teams in the area, something is seriously wrong. I can't wait until Friday to just see if Coach Davis can get some redemption on the ealry loses in his career against the Rams and push to the 2nd round where we can hopefully shut a few people up and give CAK a good game. No, I am not looking ahead before anyone says a word, I am putting out a scenario. This will be a huge game for the Cats and they will not only have a tough team to beat they will have an amazing coach leading them. He's had Coach D in his back pocket every game outscoring him 115-29 as far back as I had records. I am anxious to see them take it to the rams and make them feel like the local sheep the Pitt fans so often like to talk about in pregame smack yet replace it with congrats post the "L". This can be an opportunity for Polk to prove several wrong and that they are legit. BUT they cannot afford another first quarter like the one against SP!!!! Got to hold onto the ball!!! Anyway I am sure this will have some positive and negative remarks awaiting, so all I can say is GO CATS and let's STUMP them Rams!!! Oops!!! I mean stomp!!! :roflolk::shock::thumb:

Heh , heh , heh. Tell us how you REAllY feel ! I haven't been following all this playoff stuff for too long. Does seem like the heat is coming early this year. Sure would like to see us going to CAK. And if the road goes thru Alcoa,so be it. ( To state ? ,but then ,mebbe CAK ? heh ,heh.) The way the smack talkers - talk (<? ) ,its like Polk is s'posed to wilt at the mere mention of their name. That won't be a factor tho.Tyner games were always a good one.Came close one year I remember.Sorta reminded me of S. P. ,when we put the shockazuloo on Tyner and made 'em work for it.

Edited by DmacDaddy

Polk County = smashmouth, old school, pound you into submission football

Tyner = physical (not as physical as polk), big, very fast, can pound it out but would rather make you tired from chasing their speed first

Should be a great game but i'm not sure polk can hang with the team speed of tyner, i'm not saying polk isn't fast by any means. If polk wins it will be because of turnovers.

Close game! Tyner wins but not by much

Yep,you're right. We saw S.P. SPEED their OFFENSE off the field , and RUSH their DEFENSE on the field quite a bit a week ago.I still can't figure out how speed works when its standing on the sideline. :unsure:

Yep,you're right. We saw S.P. SPEED their OFFENSE off the field , and RUSH their DEFENSE on the field quite a bit a week ago.I still can't figure out how speed works when its standing on the sideline. :unsure:

Lets not be ignorant. I am trying to make a smart statement about this game. Have u seen tyner play?? I didn't think so. I have seen tyner, polk, and south pitt, all this year. Tyner's defense is just as fast as their defense. And to be honest their defense is the best part of their team! Their offense has struggled at times lately. But their defense has been solid all year. You seem to think i'm calling polk slow and unathletic. I'm only saying i have seen both teams play, tyner has more team speed. If polk wins it is because of turnovers, and they will play the more disciplined game.

Lets not be ignorant. I am trying to make a smart statement about this game. Have u seen tyner play?? I didn't think so. I have seen tyner, polk, and south pitt, all this year. Tyner's defense is just as fast as their defense. And to be honest their defense is the best part of their team! Their offense has struggled at times lately. But their defense has been solid all year. You seem to think i'm calling polk slow and unathletic. I'm only saying i have seen both teams play, tyner has more team speed. If polk wins it is because of turnovers, and they will play the more disciplined game.

Oh,sorry.I thought you were talking about speed ON the field.Polk ran and threw against S.P. 's defense.S.P. 's offense really wasn't ON the field long enough to see that speed.And no,I haven't seen Tyner.Naw,didn't think you were saying anything about Polks ability, Just can't understand all the claims about speed.A Corvette is fast,but it has to be running and ON the road to see it.Eb and flow a the game will decide where speed comes in to play.Looking forward to a great contest. :thumb:

That's why they gave up 32 to Brainerd? THAT'S great D!!!

To win your region with only 2 losees( to two 4A schools) and not get a first round home game is wrong, anyway you look at it. Tyner was undefeated it it's region and should have been able to at least host a first round game. Tyner beat Howard and Howard is ranked above Tyner!? How does that happen? Anyone that knows anything about brackets knows the head to head meetings serve as a tie-breaker! Now as for the Polk/Tyner game, Tyner seems to have 2 teams this year, one very good and one very bad, Tyner seems to have a bad habit of playing up (or down) to it's competition.........I know Polk is a good team so, if the trend holds true, it should be a very good and close game. I think Tyner wins in a nail-biter.

I am a South Pittsburg fan, but I have seen both of these teams play in person this season. Polk County-Benton has the better team, but Tyner-North Chattanooga will be athletic and could pose a few problems. IF Polk County-Benton plays with the intensity they did against South Pittsburg then they will win the game. I agree with EVERYONE on here. It is absolutely STUPID that these teams win the district and play in the first round. IF I were a fan of either team I would be blowing up the TSSAA's phone line. I am thinking about coming up for this game since we don't play this week.

Tyner is better team than Sout Pitt. This will be a very tough game.

I have to disagree Wingman10. I watched Tyner-North Chattanooga on TV once this season and also attended one of their games. I attended 7 South Pittsburg games. Tyner North Chattanooga isnt as strong this season as they were in 2007 and 2008 when South Pittsburg played them. I think South Pittsburg has a better overall team than Tyner-North Chattanooga. Tyner has ALOT more athletes, but I think Polk County-Benton should win this football game.

I have to disagree Wingman10. I watched Tyner-North Chattanooga on TV once this season and also attended one of their games. I attended 7 South Pittsburg games. Tyner North Chattanooga isnt as strong this season as they were in 2007 and 2008 when South Pittsburg played them. I think South Pittsburg has a better overall team than Tyner-North Chattanooga. Tyner has ALOT more athletes, but I think Polk County-Benton should win this football game.

No doubt that you would. Tyner has size, solid coaching ans has been a problem in the past. Good luck in the playoffs