Blount County Schools Football

PhoosballPhan

Yes the teacher's son goes to Alcoa. Randall Cobb has only one nephew on the team and that child goes to MIS. The other player who goes to Alcoa is not Randall Cobb's nephew. That's what I was referring to.

My mistake. I thought they were both Randall's sister's kids, but had different fathers. That was my understanding. Oh well, I know the one with Cobb as his last name is at MIS, as my daughter is in class with him. I will say that the other kid looks just like Randall...

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Govman, It seems like the administration is cutting their nose off to spite their face. To be the best you need to beat or at least compete with the best. PS[Gov, Why did'nt you guys replay the M.H.S-W.B.H.S game?]

If you take a look at WB'S schedule over the past few years, you may be surprised to see how many top 10 teams in the state that the govs have played against. They always have tough opponents.

If you take a look at WB'S schedule over the past few years, you may be surprised to see how many top 10 teams in the state that the govs have played against. They always have tough opponents.

Lowkee, I spoke too soon W.B. has played some quality teams. But thay still need to play a cross town team or people will think they are scaird of them and I know that is not the case.

Here's another question I'm curious about. Have read about the success of this year's Fairview Midget team.

Hey GovMan, a note that may be of interest, the Fairview Midget team was invited to play in the Battle at Rocky Top this year over in Knoxville. This is a football tournament that has grown to over 150 teams representing over 20 states. The actual tournament is next weekend but the Raiders had to go over and play two games yesterday for seeding purposes. They played Clinton first and was outsized greatly but handed it to Clinton beating them 30 - 6. They played Holston second, which we were told was an Austin-East feeder, they were big and athletic but Fairview beat them 14 - 6. Will be interesting to see how this team matches up against some of the best in the South. Good Job Raiders and good luck next weekend.

Here's another question I'm curious about. Have read about the success of this year's Fairview Midget team.

Hey GovMan, a note that may be of interest, the Fairview Midget team was invited to play in the Battle at Rocky Top this year over in Knoxville. This is a football tournament that has grown to over 150 teams representing over 20 states. The actual tournament is next weekend but the Raiders had to go over and play two games yesterday for seeding purposes. They played Clinton first and was outsized greatly but handed it to Clinton beating them 30 - 6. They played Holston second, which we were told was an Austin-East feeder, they were big and athletic but Fairview beat them 14 - 6. Will be interesting to see how this team matches up against some of the best in the South. Good Job Raiders and good luck next weekend.

Thanks the info Jake. Great accomplishment for the team. Although it has been pointed out to me that this is not a William Blount feeder team, hopefully their success is a good omen for WB and we will get our share of the players. At least the ones we are supposed to get !!! :thumb:

Thanks the info Jake. Great accomplishment for the team. Although it has been pointed out to me that this is not a William Blount feeder team, hopefully their success is a good omen for WB and we will get our share of the players. At least the ones we are supposed to get !!! :thumb:

WB even gets some that live in Maryville. I guess they get some the are not supposed to get. :thumb::roflol: