Blount County Schools Football

PhoosballPhan

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that all this arguing about city/county kids is ridiculous. The question here is how can we energize the football programs in Blount County? William Blount is very capable of winning a lot of games, and we showed that during a very respectable stretch a few years ago. I just hope that the Central Office, the coaches, the parents, and the players are able to do what it takes to get WB to a level of sustained success. I honestly don't think we're *that* far away.

Just curious....what does the off season workouts look like at WB and Heritage? Are the players hitting the weights and running? How often do the QBs and receivers get together in the summer? I think this is an area of strength for MHS, just wondering how it compares with the county schools.

Just curious....what does the off season workouts look like at WB and Heritage? Are the players hitting the weights and running? How often do the QBs and receivers get together in the summer? I think this is an area of strength for MHS, just wondering how it compares with the county schools.

I can't speak for now, but when I played at WB, our off-season workouts were pretty serious. We had weights and running starting June 1st that went through the whole summer, with the exception of the two-week dead period. On the days that we didn't do weights, the QB's and receivers would run routes and plays. Our coaches always stressed the importance of the summer, and attendence was very high as well.

you county people just take the cake , but you don't know how to make it. Its just pigs and tractors.

Grey,

I think you should have taken your beef with these two or three individuals and kept it at that. When you classify people as "you county people", you are bulking a whole lot of people in there that have not whined or griped about Maryville and Alcoa at all. This statement makes it appear that people that live anywhere other than the city are beneath you, in your eyes. I don't think that is what you intended, but that is the way it appears, IMO. There are a lot of great Maryville fans, some of my best friends are MHS graduates, and you guys have a coach that I admire because of his class. I could be wrong but I bet you would never hear the words you spoke come out of GQ's mouth.

I agree that all this arguing about city/county kids is ridiculous. The question here is how can we energize the football programs in Blount County? William Blount is very capable of winning a lot of games, and we showed that during a very respectable stretch a few years ago. I just hope that the Central Office, the coaches, the parents, and the players are able to do what it takes to get WB to a level of sustained success. I honestly don't think we're *that* far away.

:thumb: TG.....you get it. Many do not.

Grey,

I think you should have taken your beef with these two or three individuals and kept it at that. When you classify people as "you county people", you are bulking a whole lot of people in there that have not whined or griped about Maryville and Alcoa at all. This statement makes it appear that people that live anywhere other than the city are beneath you, in your eyes. I don't think that is what you intended, but that is the way it appears, IMO. There are a lot of great Maryville fans, some of my best friends are MHS graduates, and you guys have a coach that I admire because of his class. I could be wrong but I bet you would never hear the words you spoke come out of GQ's mouth.

You are right to some degree , I did not intend to throw a blanket over everyone but there are quite a few that I have met over the years that should be under it. You are also right about GQ , but I am not he so what can I say. :thumb: