Good job TSSAA

Solomon

Team A beats Team B on the road by double digits, wins their district, yet by your ridiculous playoff qualifying/seeding system Team B is seeded lower than Team A in the playoffs. (And don't even get me started on Quad 3 in 6A.)

:huh: ? I'm :unsure: : Team A beats Team B...and Team B is seeded lower than Team A? Uhhhh, yeah, that'd be right, wouldn't it?

As my 5 year-old nephew said, 'I don't think your sayin' what you're thinkin'.'

:idea:Am I the only one that read this...correctly (it IS Solomon, ain't it)?

What bothers me is that Benard Childress is putting all the blame on Ronnie Carter. He said on 104.5 last week he was doing the best with what he was giving. Childress was on staff when this plan was approved. Everyone wants to blame everyone else, and it seems no one at the TSSAA wants to make it right.

Childress has been on the job almost two years now. If he knows the system is broke,how much time does the commish regime need to fix it? As far as moving the privates out like they should, I have heard it's because their own kids attend private schools and of course the $$ lobbying! effort/politics.

Edited by howsthatnow

:huh: ? I'm :unsure: : Team A beats Team B...and Team B is seeded lower than Team A? Uhhhh, yeah, that'd be right, wouldn't it?

As my 5 year-old nephew said, 'I don't think your sayin' what you're thinkin'.'

:idea:Am I the only one that read this...correctly (it IS Solomon, ain't it)?

I had reread that post 25 times and not caught that until you pointed it out.

Either way, Team A beat Team B and Team B was seeded higher than Team A. There. Sorry.

Childress has been on the job almost two years now. If he knows the system is broke,how much time does the commish regime need to fix it? As far as moving the privates out like they should, I have heard it's because their own kids attend private schools and of course the $$ lobbying! effort/politics.

Childress=Obama

In their positions for two years, blame their predecessors for all the problems, and promises one day it will be right.

Lets see......This would be SOOO hard to fix. Put ALL the privates in DII,go back to 5 classes and seed the conf. winners #1,Rotate the semi's every year to a different region and oh I don't know maybe have to have an above .500 record to make the playoffs.....Well what do you know, that wasn't so hard after all. <_<

Nope. Won't work. TOO simple AND you forgot about the T$$AA's bottom-line...you know, the real reason it's screwed up in the first place!

No DII. I say if they're members of the prevailing governing body, ALL privates must play in the highest classification (6A..or 5A, whichever is the highest AFTER these simple changes ;) ).

Lets see......This would be SOOO hard to fix. Put ALL the privates in DII,go back to 5 classes and seed the conf. winners #1,Rotate the semi's every year to a different region and oh I don't know maybe have to have an above .500 record to make the playoffs.....Well what do you know, that wasn't so hard after all. <_<

Five classes would still make regular season travel too spread out, which was a big part of going to a 3-class regular season. It would be worse than before removing some teams from Division I. I agree about rotating semifinal hosts. .500 record requirement would result in a lot of teams scheduling big underdogs if possible.

I saw a coach tonight still complaining about playing a tough first round game even though his team won, you're never going to make everybody happy.

Westview got a big screwing this year winning the district over Milan. Finishing with a record of 7-3 losing to 3 top 3 teams in 2A, 3A, and 4A with a combined record of 31-2 this year and they are a 5 seed playing on the road. What a jumbled up mess. Teams under .500 don't pose as serious contenders with the exception of the Milan team that forefeited I think 6 wins a couple years ago due to ineligible player. All this does is give players a greater change to suffer injury on needless games all for a litte cash in T$$AA's pocket. It's rediculous....and $8.00 is way too much to pay to see a HS football game. Some colleges don't charge that much!