Good job TSSAA

Solomon

Team A beats Team B on the road by double digits, wins their district, yet by your ridiculous playoff qualifying/seeding system Team B is seeded lower than Team A in the playoffs. (And don't even get me started on Quad 3 in 6A.)

I fully realize King Emeritus Ronnie has a large pension fun that you guys have to pay and you don't want to hurt a 4-6 team's feelings by not allowing them in the playoffs, but you have made the Tennessee football playoff system an absolute joke.

I really wish the non-traditional power broker administrators would come together and call this out for the ludicrousness that it is and change it.

• Upvote 1

Team A beats Team B on the road by double digits, wins their district, yet by your ridiculous playoff qualifying/seeding system Team B is seeded lower than Team A in the playoffs. (And don't even get me started on Quad 3 in 6A.)

I fully realize King Emeritus Ronnie has a large pension fun that you guys have to pay and you don't want to hurt a 4-6 team's feelings by not allowing them in the playoffs, but you have made the Tennessee football playoff system an absolute joke.

I really wish the non-traditional power broker administrators would come together and call this out for the ludicrousness that it is and change it.

AMEN, but since the T$$AA is about money and no the kids, it will never change. They have to pay off that big legal bill some how. Losing to BA remember.

Edited by Bucksfan

Heck, at this point, next they'll be like jr pro and give everyone a little golden football trophy for participation and be done with it.

I will agree with two sixteen teams. as far as travel goes the west still travels yp to two hours on some weekends to play a game so make the regions smaller and travel more during playoffs and play people you know nothing about, instead of playing the same teams you have already played during regular season.

What bothers me is that Benard Childress is putting all the blame on Ronnie Carter. He said on 104.5 last week he was doing the best with what he was giving. Childress was on staff when this plan was approved. Everyone wants to blame everyone else, and it seems no one at the TSSAA wants to make it right.

Yeah...I agree. I don't think we would have this year's fiasco if Carter was still there.

I would be okay with it if they had seeded district champs and runners up first.

In some cases, who wins the district doesn't matter to them. One example, Lexington BEAT Liberty at Liberty for the district title by two TDs and LIBERTY is the one seed and LHS is two! I know there are other factors to consider, but when they play in the SAME district, shouldn't head to head count more????!!! I have heard it happened in other instances too, but I know for sure it happened in this case. Way to go T$$AA!!! You dropped the ball AGAIN!