Marion Co. at FCS

SEVEN

To answer your question. Marion-Jasper is a really bad team. Baylor North beat South Pittsburg 40-36 in week 4. Baylor North is a good football team, but not the best I have ever seen. South Pittsburg beat Marion-Jasper really bad, but part of that is because Marion-Jasper is very weak. This 2010 South Pittsburg team isnt bad, but do not compare to alot of the better teams in school history. How is Friendship-Lebanon compared to their 2007 team? We beat them bad in 2007, but they had ALOT of size and ALOT of speed. They had some really good looking kids that year.

I have no idea. They played Trousdale really close if that is an indication.

Go Rebs!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jasper is going to have to keep this game close and low scoring to have a chance which I think is a looooooong shot. That said, even though I normally pull for the mighty Pirates and whoever is playing Jasper, this game is one exception. Go warriors and beat the un-Friendly Christian S. I think FCS has a pretty good team this year, especially on defense.

Edited by rlh

I see where Marion loss disrtict games to SP and SM by a large margin. Are those teams that good or Marion really bad?

SP and SM are two of the better 1A/2A teams in the state this year; Marion is.....average, just as their record indicates. Don't judge MC solely by those two game results. A lot of good teams lost by large margins to both SP and SM this season. If Marion shows up motivated and takes care of the football, FCS could be in for a game. Anything less and FCS coasts on to next week.

Marion-Jasper could keep it close with Friendship Christian-Lebanon. I believe Truth Prevails is right about the S.P. game with starters playing longer. I have seen many years where S.P. called the dogs off Marion-Jasper much earlier than they did this season. I don't know what the motive was, but apparently Boeck did something that P!ssed off the S.P. coach so he didnt pull the starters until 4 or 5 minutes remaining in the game. That happens to everyone at some point though. It happened to S.P. before and it will happen again. One thing about it though, when it happens though just take it instead of getting on here whining about it. This is an emotional game and sometimes I think ALL coaches have it in for another coach and this happens. It's unfortunate for the kids involved, but it's kinda like ole Spurrier once said. It's the other team's job to work harder to not get beat so bad.

I wouldn't look too much into FC's score against Gordonsville.

They are a different team now.

I don't look for this game to be close, and I fully expect them to give Signal Mountain all they want.

They always have athletes and they're always well coached.

I agree here Croz. When I saw them play you guys in week 2, I thought they were in for a looong year. Anytime you lose a player like Maason, you have to take at least a small step back. I was also told that they had about three players out for the game against you guys. Well...those three must have been some real play makers, because they didn't even look like the same team a few weeks later. Credit to them!

As for the support from TC...I think it has always been there, unless we play each other. This region supports each other pretty well against outside comp., esp. during the playoffs. That being said...I'd say our boys would like another shot as well. Maybe you can make that happen. :thumb:

TTP, Old Pirate says hopefully coach Vic will run 1 play and take a knee 3 plays and let Jasper have the ball on downs next year. Thata way you bunch whiners can be in the game. :popcorneater:

Enjoy the next couple of years OP.......year in and year out SP has the most talented team on the field when they play other teams. Year in and year out, Vic proves he underachieves with them and it shows in the playoffs, maybe this year, for the kids it will be different. The well is drying up, so enjoy this group of freshmen.......................... :roflolk:

That has been the thing this whole year is taking care of the ball. Mc is pretty young and it has shown this year. They have done well to get to five and five. Signal is the real deal and FCS and Trousdale will find that out in the next few weeks. Sp scored that many because their classless, jackace coach kept the starters in much of the game. MC might find the going tough this weekend in nashville, but brighter days are on the horizon. They are playing a ton of sophomores this year so in a couple of years they should be good again, and the pipeline seems as though is is getting restocked and with a good middleschool coach in place it won't be long. The middle school lost in the championship game this year and all three of the pee wee teams are in the championship games this weekend also. All that being said, if marion doesn't turn it over, they will be in the game as it looks like FC's schedule is inflated with wins other than TC and Gordonsville, that region is pretty weak. Good luck Warriors

I was looking in my Websters dictionary and I could not find this word? What is this mess all about? I garuntee you that this word is not in the Websters dictionary and I was wondering what this mess was.