Polk at CAK

polkalumn01

yes, Polk did play thier hearts out, as did CAK's. MULTIPLE guys playing with injuries. and yes of course a good defensive scheme is to get after the quarterback. but the gameplan was to HURT our players. because you knew you couldnt beat our starters. hats off to the effort and drive that the polk players played with. just wish there was less animosity between the "rich" people and the "country" people. its just dumb. good luck to yall next year. maybe we'll see you again. Hey Dad, are we still lookin for a nondistrict game... :huh:

as long as you dont try and hurt us and just play football ( which does involve people getting hurt, but not the malicious act of trying to injure someone) im sure we'd love to play yall again. It was a great game!

I can assure you that Polk players did not set out to hurt any of your players. My son is #38 and he is the one who hit number 16 that left the game with an apparent broken collar bone, I can tell you that he nor #12 never intentionally set out to hurt any players. They are both fierce competitors. I saw #12 as well as our son go over and try to console the Tyner players that were having a hard time after their loss to us. I have know Jared Allen and Tyler Lee for many years and feel honored to have them and their families in our lives. We have grown to admire all the Polk players in the 4 years since we moved to Polk County. do not get on here and bash a high school player. CAK has a very impressive team, and the Epperson's are friends of our also. We were so moved by Mr. Epperson seeking us out after the game to talk with us, as I did their son to congratulate him on his great performance. I can tell you that if a player got hurt we hope they heal quick so they can help your team advance next week. We have experienced HURT in our lives as has our son #38. We lost our son Matthew 20 years of age in July in a car accident. That is hurt my friend Thanks to all on the Polk County Team for their support during this football season, Michael has had to play without his biggest fan to support him. Did not mean to go on about our tragedy, but this is a football game. Lives will continue and hopefully we will see some of these gifted athletes play at the next level and can bring us all further enjoyment. I know we will be cheering for Jared, Ty, QUinn and our son as they play in college. We hope many others get to play at the next level also. We hope #16 is not seriously hurt. Good Luck next week CAK.

First of all great game out of both teams. Polk came up a little short at the end in my opinion due to a couple of poor calls from the refs. In the end this game was decided on a run play from CAK which I thought was rather odd. Polk did everything they could to win, but came up a bit short. I do not know what was up with the refs though. CAK did receive more penalties, but Polk's came at critical moments, and two of which I did not agree with at all. The holding when we scored was ridiculous, and the late hit out of bounds was even more ridiculous. However, CAK did what they had to win. I think the refs were not prepared to officiate such a passing attack out of CAK there were two blatant no catches that were ruled a catch. One of which didn't matter ( the ball that hit the ground right before half and was scooped up by the receiver and ruled a catch), and the second of which that hurt Polk bad ( the long bomb down the sidelines that was caught a half yard out of bounds and ruled a catch). However, I can't blame CAK for poor officiating. Yall's offense is a machine, and even though we came up with 3 turnovers they still slipped by with a W. The only reason it seemed like we were playing rough or dirty is because you HAVEN'T played us before. That is how we play every game, and we are sound tackler's. Polk loves to turn on that hit stick, and go to town. I wish CAK luck next week. They will need it. Polk exposed there offense a bit, and the only reason we didn't shut down there passing attack is because we lack the personnel to defend the craziest high school offense I have ever seen. If Alcoa watches this tape and they use our scheme, I believe it will be a long night for CAK. Good luck to the rest of your season even though it will probably end at the same place the regular season ended for you guys, and I hope your receiver's injury isn't to serious. Hopefully we see you guys in the same place next year. It would be another great match up.

And once again Polk Fans

It's time to look forward to next year.

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED

First of all great game out of both teams. Polk came up a little short at the end in my opinion due to a couple of poor calls from the refs. In the end this game was decided on a run play from CAK which I thought was rather odd. Polk did everything they could to win, but came up a bit short. I do not know what was up with the refs though. CAK did receive more penalties, but Polk's came at critical moments, and two of which I did not agree with at all. The holding when we scored was ridiculous, and the late hit out of bounds was even more ridiculous. However, CAK did what they had to win. I think the refs were not prepared to officiate such a passing attack out of CAK there were two blatant no catches that were ruled a catch. One of which didn't matter ( the ball that hit the ground right before half and was scooped up by the receiver and ruled a catch), and the second of which that hurt Polk bad ( the long bomb down the sidelines that was caught a half yard out of bounds and ruled a catch). However, I can't blame CAK for poor officiating. Yall's offense is a machine, and even though we came up with 3 turnovers they still slipped by with a W. The only reason it seemed like we were playing rough or dirty is because you HAVEN'T played us before. That is how we play every game, and we are sound tackler's. Polk loves to turn on that hit stick, and go to town. I wish CAK luck next week. They will need it. Polk exposed there offense a bit, and the only reason we didn't shut down there passing attack is because we lack the personnel to defend the craziest high school offense I have ever seen. If Alcoa watches this tape and they use our scheme, I believe it will be a long night for CAK. Good luck to the rest of your season even though it will probably end at the same place the regular season ended for you guys, and I hope your receiver's injury isn't to serious. Hopefully we see you guys in the same place next year. It would be another great match up.

And once again Polk Fans

It's time to look forward to next year.

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED

They have seen our passing attack this season, they were ready.

Congrats to both teams for a great game! Kinda ironic, the "passing" team wins with a run and the "running" team tried to win with the pass at the end of the game. 4th and goal from inside the 1, you ask 100 people in the stands, they would say qb sneak or kick the field goal, but give props to the coach sticking with what got you there. Pulling for CAK to hush up the F5 and the bridge painter.

After some reflection:

1. to the Polk fans wondering how they stack up in the mind of a CAK fan: you are a good team, lots of community support, well coached, #12 was a force on both sides of the ball, very good tackling team, and physical....but still not to Alcoa's level and I don't expect you to agree until the day you play the type of team the Tornadoes have put on the field the past couple of years.

2. I like hard hitting defenses that tackle well, just like Polks. :thumb: I wasn't on the field so I cant accurately say, but it didn't look like any dirty late hits or cheap shots to me other than #20's shot in the back after the 2 pt conversion and that wasnt awful

3. CAK's freshman kicker had a bad case of jitters I suppose, I haven't seen him struggle like that since he took over kicking duties 4 or 5 games ago due to injury of starting kicker. That almost cost us.

4. Not enough nanner puddn was eatn, thats a good thing, cuz I got to bring some home :hungry:

5. Polk traveled well and got there early, nice job of supporting your team

6. For the person who suggested that CAK players toughen up, I'll disregard that comment as coming from someone uninformed. The kids that you saw shaken up were all playing when many other players would have opted to sit it out and let their injuries heal, they came into the game already banged up: ex: torn cartlidge in rib cage, torn ligaments in hand, strained hamstring and achilles, and high ankle sprain. We've got some tough kids, just like Polk. #16 came back in and caught a couple passes AFTER breaking his collar bone because he didn't want the coaches to know he was seriously hurt, once it was diagnosed they took his helmet and shoulder pads away from him.

7. While CAK is known for its passing offense, I saw plenty of hard licks being delivered by the Warrior D.

8. Say what you will, but my take was Polk was gased at the end. Tough to play that physical and rush the passer and chase receivers for the entire night.

9. Both teams played to the very last snap

10. CAKs experience with Alcoa, Loudon and even Scott Co. this year allowed the Warriors to remain composed, manage the clock, and march down the field the last 2 minutes for the winning score. Ironic that the winning score came on a run.

Wow, did I really just type that much? Sorry, I should have just said great game.

I can assure you that Polk players did not set out to hurt any of your players. My son is #38 and he is the one who hit number 16 that left the game with an apparent broken collar bone, I can tell you that he nor #12 never intentionally set out to hurt any players. They are both fierce competitors. I saw #12 as well as our son go over and try to console the Tyner players that were having a hard time after their loss to us. I have know Jared Allen and Tyler Lee for many years and feel honored to have them and their families in our lives. We have grown to admire all the Polk players in the 4 years since we moved to Polk County. do not get on here and bash a high school player. CAK has a very impressive team, and the Epperson's are friends of our also. We were so moved by Mr. Epperson seeking us out after the game to talk with us, as I did their son to congratulate him on his great performance. I can tell you that if a player got hurt we hope they heal quick so they can help your team advance next week. We have experienced HURT in our lives as has our son #38. We lost our son Matthew 20 years of age in July in a car accident. That is hurt my friend Thanks to all on the Polk County Team for their support during this football season, Michael has had to play without his biggest fan to support him. Did not mean to go on about our tragedy, but this is a football game. Lives will continue and hopefully we will see some of these gifted athletes play at the next level and can bring us all further enjoyment. I know we will be cheering for Jared, Ty, QUinn and our son as they play in college. We hope many others get to play at the next level also. We hope #16 is not seriously hurt. Good Luck next week CAK.

Thanks for bringing it down to earth,Don.I thought leaving it alone would stop some of the nonsense. Bunch of out a school , non playing,jabber mouthing. With a rare spot of sense - decency. To imply that Jared , or ANYONE on Polk's team would intentionally hurt someone is beyond comprehension . The guy is ,and was raised , if you would take the time to see , ,? I dunno. He and his family are just not to be impinged.Period. The crap on here is so unbelievably stupid and hateful. Thanks for a great run seniors and the up and comers.Love ever' one a ya s. And thank you Don . I regret I got on the stupid end of this thing.What was REAL MEANING was displayed by the emotion after the game.These boys have something we'll never have. # 51,,,,, :thumb: Luv ya Chewy. #16,,,,,get it back. We'll be in the stands Friday,wearing our colors.

I am not bashing any high school players. I was simply told that the Polk players were told all week in practice to hit our guys as hard as they could (the point being to hurt the cak players). But that's football. I'm not complaining about a physical style of play. I think its great. I sincerely apologize if it seemed like I was attacking what seems like a great group of kids. I didnt mean to do anything like that. Oh and it's Epperly. Not Epperson. You sure you're friends with em?

this isnt directed at you Football80, but the whining about the officiating is getting old. if the officials were that bad, trust me, you'd be hearing about it from FootballDad and JuniorsDad. I promise

Well, hopefully most of the bickering has stopped, both of these teams deserve much more respect than this board has allowed them. I've been around Polk Co. football for years, even when Polk had bad years, you knew you had played them. They have, and always will be physical, and I can promise you none of them were intentionally trying to hurt anyone. Hat's off to this group of seniors, they have been something special - really hate to see them go.

As for CAK, I can't say enough good things about their program, #2 is an great QB, but I will say this, the O-line, and #16 #25 and #27 made him awesome last night - he had all day to throw and the receivers caught everything thrown to them. Everyone one of them went out with an injury, and everyone of them came back in, so I can't question their toughness. The defense was impressive, we had success running on the left side in the first half, they made the adjustments and stopped it in the second half.

As for the game, I saw two really good teams trading blows back and forth all night, neither team quit, and when it came down to the end it was all about one play - 4th and 1 - Polk stops 'em they win, CAK scores they win, don't think you can ask for a better ending. We just came up about 2 ft short.

As far as Alcoa - I don't think too many of us Polk fans think that we can line up and beat Alcoa, but much like the CAK game (yes, we wanted to play CAK), our competitive spirit wants to give it a shot. It's not going to happen this year, but I think Polk gave it a heck of a shot.