Oliver Springs @ Wartburg

Nitro

When I say benches emptied, I just mean players left the sidelines, which is a natural reaction for players when they see a fight break out. And yes they were controlled quickly by their coaches (as were Wartburg's). I really don't think any players from either side that stepped onto the field got involved with any fighting. Maybe a little shoving went on with the players that were already on the field, but with most incidents like this, there really wasn't much that happened as far as fighting is concerned.

Goose the benches were not emptied. All but 2 of the OS players on the sidelines stayed there. The OS coaches handled this to the best of their ability. The Wartburg coach the stopped #30 should not be punished. He is a good man. Coach Brackett has written a letter to the TSSAA to aide in the appeal of the coaches suspension.

The reference to the incidence with #30 and a Wartburg coach happened earlier in the game. The Wartburg coach(not the one who was suspended) grabbed hiom by his facemask and said some things to him. That is why his dad went over there. I do not condone #30's behavior or his parents but there was more to the situation. Please do not blame the whole community.

And for those of you saying OS behaves this way every time they lose.... There has never been an incident like this since Coach Brackett has been there and believe me they have taken some pretty bad losses, so to say they behave this way every time they lose is ridiculous.

You do make some good points here 4thdown. I'll say it again-you can't a whole team or community by the actions of a couple of knuckleheads!

excuse me, but #30 had every single right to do something, and his father because the coach kept grabbing him and pushing him back on the field from getting thrown out of bounds and #30 was tired of it. and #5 from Wartburg made a vulgar comment about #30's sister so its not because they were loosing or because it was their last game, he was just tired of being pushed around by someone who had no right to do that and because of Wartburg's team smarting off. Wartburg's coach is now having charges pressed against him, and he deserves it, cause he has no right doing what he did to #30. Yes it might have made OS look bad, but if you people knew the whole story you could understand why he did what he did, so stop judging OS for "rumors", when u know the story...then you can make comments.

Are you for real??? He had the right to do something? So if someone makes foun of my sister today, I can assault them, and expect it to be okay because I had EVERY SINGLE RIGHT TO DO SOMETHING? If you can't handle the trash talk going on then you need to be playing another game. You sound like a girl sticking up for the guy she has a crush on. How did you get the whole story? Were you over on the Wartburg sideline? On the OS sideline? Were you a referee or part of the chain gang? What happened Friday is not a person's right in any sport unless its the Worl Wrastling Federation!

i heard from a OS mom today that the charges couldnt be filed against the coach because the video did not support these accusations anyone know if this is true or rumor please elaborate?

That would be false, you have the right to press charges if you want to. It might not hold up in the Court of law. That would be up to the Grand Jury to deside. They would either enter a true bill of indictment or no probabable cause.

I hope Wartburg appeals the decision to have the coach suspended. I was watching No. 30 and the coach in question during the whole time waiting to possibly get a good photo. Anyone familiar with the situation knows the coach used to coach at OS and he probably kept the situation from getting worse. He got No. 30 out of the way and probably kept him from getting hurt in the process.

Just reread your post. I also was fixed on the coach and #30, didnt really pay attention to the rest of it. i couldnt agree more. All he did was get the kid away from the rest of the ruckus and hold him. Yes he had a good hold on him but i think he helped keep it from being alot worse.