Oliver Springs @ Wartburg

Nitro

excuse me, but #30 had every single right to do something, Yes it might have made OS look bad, but if you people knew the whole story you could understand why he did what he did, so stop judging OS for "rumors", when u know the story...then you can make comments.

I'm sorry Christina, but trash talking on high school football fields is as old as the game itself, even in sandlot games, and it goes on at every game. Does every player do it? No, but every player has heard it more than once! And NO, I don't care if he said something about his sister or mother or whoever, you walk away, no if's, ands or buts about it. You walk away!!

If those things were said, he got the exact reaction he was hoping to get. I don't support that type of trash talking and I think you should let your playing speak for itself, BUT, it does go on!!!

As far as running up the score, was it not 35-7 at half time, how many points did Wartburg score in the second half. Anyway it's the playoffs, you do what ever you need to do, to prepare your team for the next game.

Good Luck Wartburg

Edited by catback

Christina (Or #30's mommy),

Is there any way possible you could elaborate on the Sunbright game and why #30 (what is his name anyway?) attempted to get into the Sunbright locker room to start something? If I am correct this wasn't the first time he has started problems. It is unfortunate he has to start fights secondary to his uneffectiveness on the field. Also, don't you think if any opponent coaches were harrassing O.S. players that the O.S. coaching staff would have brought it to the attention of the officials? Or better yet, said something directly to the opponent coaches?

excuse me, but #30 had every single right to do something, and his father because the coach kept grabbing him and pushing him back on the field from getting thrown out of bounds and #30 was tired of it. and #5 from Wartburg made a vulgar comment about #30's sister so its not because they were loosing or because it was their last game, he was just tired of being pushed around by someone who had no right to do that and because of Wartburg's team smarting off. Wartburg's coach is now having charges pressed against him, and he deserves it, cause he has no right doing what he did to #30. Yes it might have made OS look bad, but if you people knew the whole story you could understand why he did what he did, so stop judging OS for "rumors", when u know the story...then you can make comments.

I guess Sunbright was talking about the family of #30 when his family started a fight at Sunbright after Sunbright Won

LOL, everyone knows this is the typical way big ole OZ reacts when they get beat. You see it in baseball with their coach, you see it in basketball by their players, its just how they are. I've never seen an oliver springs team take a loss like a true sportsmanship program and it doesn't surprise me a player from that school started something. Trust me I seen even how the people from their act and its just as bad. But, all that matters is Wartburg showed the true Wartburg Bulldogs potential and that they are here in the playoffs to win it,

I hope Wartburg appeals the decision to have the coach suspended. I was watching No. 30 and the coach in question during the whole time waiting to possibly get a good photo. Anyone familiar with the situation knows the coach used to coach at OS and he probably kept the situation from getting worse. He got No. 30 out of the way and probably kept him from getting hurt in the process.

I hope Wartburg appeals the decision to have the coach suspended. I was watching No. 30 and the coach in question during the whole time waiting to possibly get a good photo. Anyone familiar with the situation knows the coach used to coach at OS and he probably kept the situation from getting worse. He got No. 30 out of the way and probably kept him from getting hurt in the process.

If, TSSAA watches the film of this game, the whole film, they will see that this situation began long before the blow up at the end. Not sure if it was the same coach or not, but there was a situation in the 1st half on the Wartburg sideline that started the "fire". Which, by the way, I don't condone. Additionally, I don't blame the referees for the lose one bit, but I do blame the referees for letting this situation get to the point of no return. There was mouthing, late hits, etc going on the entire game from both sides that went uncalled.

Let responsibility fall where it may. The OS player was completely out of line. The Wartburg coach that was involved with the situation in the 1st half was completely out of line. The referees letting this situation get out of hand during the game were completely out of line. The one's that will be punished will be the OS kid and possibly a Wartburg coach. The referees standing around tolerating the mouthing, late hits, etc will live another game or two.

If, TSSAA watches the film of this game, the whole film, they will see that this situation began long before the blow up at the end. Not sure if it was the same coach or not, but there was a situation in the 1st half on the Wartburg sideline that started the "fire". Which, by the way, I don't condone. Additionally, I don't blame the referees for the lose one bit, but I do blame the referees for letting this situation get to the point of no return. There was mouthing, late hits, etc going on the entire game from both sides that went uncalled.

Let responsibility fall where it may. The OS player was completely out of line. The Wartburg coach that was involved with the situation in the 1st half was completely out of line. The referees letting this situation get out of hand during the game were completely out of line. The one's that will be punished will be the OS kid and possibly a Wartburg coach. The referees standing around tolerating the mouthing, late hits, etc will live another game or two.

So what was the situation in the first half anyway with a Wartburg coach? What happened?

So what was the situation in the first half anyway with a Wartburg coach? What happened?

I saw what happened in the first half. #30 tackled one of our players close to the sideline and then started trying woller him around after the whistle and I think I saw a coach try to stop #30 then. I think I even saw the refs say something to the coach but it wasn't bad at all or there would have been a penalty or something. The difference is it didn't happen again from Wartburg but #30 and his daddy kept doing what they do. #30 and his daddy were out of control and both should have been locked up. Maybe they won't be back or maybe OS can weed them out some other way so no one else has to deal with them!!!

GOOD LUCK TO OS IN THE COMING YEARS.

I saw what happened in the first half. #30 tackled one of our players close to the sideline and then started trying woller him around after the whistle and I think I saw a coach try to stop #30 then. I think I even saw the refs say something to the coach but it wasn't bad at all or there would have been a penalty or something. The difference is it didn't happen again from Wartburg but #30 and his daddy kept doing what they do. #30 and his daddy were out of control and both should have been locked up. Maybe they won't be back or maybe OS can weed them out some other way so no one else has to deal with them!!!

GOOD LUCK TO OS IN THE COMING YEARS.

I keep hearing about #30 and his daddy... must be real bad dudes... I got real scared just reading about them!

NO place for this in HS football....

The fight started on the field when a couple of kids were wrestling around after an onside kick. That's when the benches emptied. Now someone might have hit a coach during the events that followed, but it didn't start with a kid hitting a coach. It started after a play.

Goose the benches were not emptied. All but 2 of the OS players on the sidelines stayed there. The OS coaches handled this to the best of their ability. The Wartburg coach the stopped #30 should not be punished. He is a good man. Coach Brackett has written a letter to the TSSAA to aide in the appeal of the coaches suspension.

The reference to the incidence with #30 and a Wartburg coach happened earlier in the game. The Wartburg coach(not the one who was suspended) grabbed hiom by his facemask and said some things to him. That is why his dad went over there. I do not condone #30's behavior or his parents but there was more to the situation. Please do not blame the whole community.

And for those of you saying OS behaves this way every time they lose.... There has never been an incident like this since Coach Brackett has been there and believe me they have taken some pretty bad losses, so to say they behave this way every time they lose is ridiculous.