Hendersonville Commandos at Henry County Patriots

QBClubPrez

To the Henry County fans wanting to take on a tougher schedule in the coming years, YOU ARE NOT READY.

Your facilities and town are not equipped to handle visiting schools from the larger "greater Nashville" area.

Hendersonville's welcome to your school yesterday was definitely less than hospitable. The "Red Swarm" surrounded our kids' fan bus, chanting, and prevented them from disembarking. After that, one of your fine law officers threatened to arrest several of our kids and "keep them until Monday" for simply trying to organize their equipment in the parking lot.

Your visitors' stands are arguably the most dangerous in the entire state. It is unbelievable that your county school system's insurance carrier allows such an unchecked liability to exist. We were told over and over last week during the build-up to last night's game that those visitor's bleachers had not been full all season. That is probably a good thing. With the kind of crowds that you would see coming in from bigger, tougher schools, it is only a matter of time before someone gets seriously injured by falling through that death trap you call bleachers.

And finally, the message that your fans send by drunkenly berating your own coaches' and threatening school administrators as they exit the field isn't exactly one of sportsmanship or civility. Having a Jumbotron and deafening artificial noise makers does not automatically put you in the same class as others in the 5A District. You can talk the talk all day long, but when it comes to being ready to host the tougher teams, you need to be able to walk the walk too.

While you obviously have overstated your point, there is unfortunately much truth to what you say.

wave88, on 07 November 2010 - 08:36 PM, said:

Things to watch for in this game.

H-ville is very sound fundamental team they run a very basic version of the wing-t.

They block down very well on O-line and the ends keep the Lb's pinched oustside on the buck sweep so the tb (20) can cut it back.

They lack team speed but make up for it power.

They took some wicked hits this past week and may be sore.

The QB hurt his left arm and was holding it gingerly throughout the 2nd half.

The only negatives I can say about them is 63 likes to eye gouge and play rough after the whistle which will lead to a few 2nd swings getting called against you.

The LB 34 isn't real big but likes to fly in on hits a little late on the whistle. 57 is a beast he is the real deal 6-4 285 and runs like a freight train... good luck doing anything against him.

quote name='sportsobserver' timestamp='1289222842' post='2564316']

HC beware, #57 likes to get in his fair share of late hits as well. Be careful on the retaliation. Second man always gets the flag.

Thanks for the prophetic warning guys. Strangely our main enforcer on the Defensive Line got evicted from the entire game because of that. They went to eye gouging and he went to swinging. He was a very critical component of the defensive line. Score would've been different(in our favor) with him in there. Oh well, he'll be one of our returning starters next year. Northeast heed the same warnings!

maybe do what Gallatin did and play in Ohio, or just make a trip to play the bigger schools. stop complaining about the schedule. Whining as you would say!!!!

You need to stick to "coaching" at Springfield (if that's what you call it) and hope and pray that you can someday turn it into a Henry County. We don't do all things right here as many of you are reading, but whining is NOT one of our problems. That problem, or should I say SICKNESS, resides right there in Springfield!

As you keep speaking! I am out, good luck next year! But as we know you will not stop all your whining on here until you are heard. Typical! See ya next year!!!

:roflol:

Save your advice for the rest of your staff...they need it. Another piece of advice...beat Henry County or keep your mouth shut! If you would follow that advice we would all be better off because I NEVER see that happening!

Save your advice for the rest of your staff...they need it. Another piece of advice...beat Henry County or keep your mouth shut! If you would follow that advice we would all be better off because I NEVER see that happening!

We will keep that in mind, and I think you have a great team and great atmosphere in Henry County. I hope that the Yellow Jackets can compete as your team has in the years to come. It is great to see in year two our 3 games combined loss total is 11 points bring back 7 Offensive Starters with 7 Defensive Starters. The games with Henry County are fun, and I would have loved to played the Patriots again, but we have to wait until next year. Lastly, I disagree with you about preseason scrimmages! When you play tough teams early you see what type of team you will have in the year by evaluation process. You should know that as a former coach The Red Warrior, and our staff is not whining about the Patriot loss. We are trying to plan on next year, and we will see where that takes us. Have a great offseason, and we will see you all next year I believe at your place. Your words are encouragement for us as a team and staff, and I will make a point to shake your hand win or loss next year at your place if you wouldn't mind. Until then, great job to all teams in District 10. We finished stronger than people realize with 5 teams making the playoffs. District must not be as weak as some would think having 8 teams playing year in and year out. I hope Northeast represents us well this week by winning a much important game in our District vs our Sister District!

:thumb:

There is no point in arguing this. They obviously see only what they want to see. I saw firsthand the things mentioned in my post and stand by them 100%. I also witnessed the rant aby the HCHS fan at the end of the game. I especially enjoyed the part where, when he had no valid argument, began to call the coach a racist. It reminded me a lot of snowplow's response that my statements were "stupid." So when HCHS has no legitimate point, their strategy is to call names. Nice.

Not doubting that stuff can't or didn't happen. Thank you for coming to Henry County to support your commandos, we wish more fans would do so. The thing I disagree with is that we are not ready to host a "greater Nashville area" team. That statement is asinine. What is the difference between those teams, and any other regular season or playoff team we have played in years past that traveled well? Nearly everyone who comes to HC has a great experience. I am sorry yours was not so great. Other than the bleachers, things like that happen everywhere you go.

If I remember correctly, last year at a post-season basketball game at Beech, our students were told basically sit down and shut up by an administrator at Beech and a local officer because they were supporting their team. Beech students were making similar comments and standing the entire game, and no one said a word to them.

Point is, this happens everywhere. Some places more than others. I don't like the group of fans that heckle the opposing school's fans. I don't like the visiting side bleachers, even though I have never had to sit there. I also don't like how some people turn things into more than what they really are.

Edited by snowplow2010

If Springfield would have kept their word you guys would not have. Let it go, and you are the only person that keeps bringing this up. This is the defination of WHINING from your buddy snowplow2010's defination. You are the biggest whiner on this thread, but that is what people do when they tell the truth. Join the weak Northeast team next week that will be playing and you watching, AGAIN!

Spellcheck please, Coach.

I can't honestly take credit for that definition, but I can refer you to every dictionary in America.

Edited by snowplow2010

The prophet brings up a very good point. I believe that the student section from Henry County simply got fed up with being called "inbred" and "stupid" by the superior Hendersonville fans that they let their anger get out of control. With that being said, I don't condone anything that happened pertaining to that situation last night. I just want the heavenly Hendersonville fans to know this. And by the way, you guys have a very strong line. Very Impressive. As long as they continue to pancake the man across from them, they'll be able to continue with their superb eye-gouging.

WIth that said, good luck against NE. You know just how dangerous they are.

Henry County simply got beat by the better team last night. I don't think a more difficult schedule would've changed that in the least. Hendersonville was just bigger and better, enough said. Our boys played hard all game long and you could tell. But our linemen looked tiny compared to their's, or at least they did to me. We didn't lose because of poor coaching, we didn't lose because of a poor game plan or poor execution by our players, we lost because we simply got beat. Sometimes that's the hardest thing to admit. Like I said, I think we played hard all night last night. And I will say that had we not allowed that kickoff return to start the 2nd half, that it's a completely different ball game. But outside of that, you just have to give credit where credit is due. And don't throw the numbers at me, I know we outgained them. But they made the plays when it mattered most and we didn't. That wasn't poor coaching or execution on our part, that was Hendersonville taking care of business.

Don't get me wrong, though. Henry County has got to learn how to step up and beat someone from greater Nashville if they ever want to win anything. Because there aren't going to be any shortcuts. These Middle Tennessee teams are there every year and that's not going to change. Heck, if we were playing for a West Tennessee title, we'd probably have 4 or 5 gold balls. But that ain't the way it is. I hope we can find a way to get it done in the future. Because I know myself, as well as every other Henry County fan, is ready to get over the hump.

There was classlessness shown last night by both fanbases. Not just one. I will admit that while apparently it is within the rules, the eye gouging is a bit ridiculous. If this is going to continue to be a problem, then get some clear visors for the players. I realize that sometimes it happens accidentally, but there should be no place for that type of nonsense in high school football. That is, in every sense of the word, cheating in my opinion.

On a positive note, This year's Henry County team exceeded my, as well as many others' expectations. I'm proud of the way our boys went out and represented our community throughout the season. Good job and good luck to all of these seniors who left it all out on the field. We have A LOT of talent returning for next year. I believe 17 of 22 starters will be returning. The Junior and Sophomore classes both were loaded and now have another year of experience. We also have a solid Freshman class coming in as well. Even after suffering through yet another painful loss in the playoffs to a Middle Tennessee team, I can say that the future indeed still looks bright for this Henry County team. Just keep improving and keep your eye on the prize.

Congratulations and good luck to Hendersonville the rest of the way.

Edited by RedSwarm10

Henry County simply got beat by the better team last night. I don't think a more difficult schedule would've changed that in the least. Hendersonville was just bigger and better, enough said. Our boys played hard all game long and you could tell. But our linemen looked tiny compared to their's, or at least they did to me. We didn't lose because of poor coaching, we didn't lose because of a poor game plan or poor execution by our players, we lost because we simply got beat. Sometimes that's the hardest thing to admit. Like I said, I think we played hard all night last night. And I will say that had we not allowed that kickoff return to start the 2nd half, that it's a completely different ball game. But outside of that, you just have to give credit where credit is due. And don't throw the numbers at me, I know we outgained them. But they made the plays when it mattered most and we didn't. That wasn't poor coaching or execution on our part, that was Hendersonville taking care of business.

Well 1st off I would like to extend thanks to olddevil for him and his families hospitality. The food was great as well as the converstion. Also, w/ the exception of the visitor bleachers (were kinda scary), it was a great atmosphere for a football game. Both fanbases were into the game and the bands from both sides added to the experience.....

As far as the game goes it went pretty much how I expected. The HC line was the bigger of the 2, the difference was that the HH line was the quicker of the lines. Alot of people really dont care for the wing-t b/c it can be 1 dimensional sometimes but HH ran it very effectively. Their 2 guards were excellent at pulling on the sweep plays and #20 did a great job at cutting up and reading the blocks. The big thing however was hitting that mid-range pass route over the middle a few times to keep the defense honest. This is a play Springfield had success w/ when they played HC. On defense HC had success running/moving the ball b/c they were bigger and just used their size. The HH d line was quicker and I believe that helped them alot during the course of the game. I am sorry the HC program lost the game as I understand the sting from my team losing last week. It appears as if you guys have most of your squad coming back next year so the future is looking bright. Keep your heads up and work hard towards next season.....

We will keep that in mind, and I think you have a great team and great atmosphere in Henry County. I hope that the Yellow Jackets can compete as your team has in the years to come. It is great to see in year two our 3 games combined loss total is 11 points bring back 7 Offensive Starters with 7 Defensive Starters. The games with Henry County are fun, and I would have loved to played the Patriots again, but we have to wait until next year. Lastly, I disagree with you about preseason scrimmages! When you play tough teams early you see what type of team you will have in the year by evaluation process. You should know that as a former coach The Red Warrior, and our staff is not whining about the Patriot loss. We are trying to plan on next year, and we will see where that takes us. Have a great offseason, and we will see you all next year I believe at your place. Your words are encouragement for us as a team and staff, and I will make a point to shake your hand win or loss next year at your place if you wouldn't mind. Until then, great job to all teams in District 10. We finished stronger than people realize with 5 teams making the playoffs. District must not be as weak as some would think having 8 teams playing year in and year out. I hope Northeast represents us well this week by winning a much important game in our District vs our Sister District!

:thumb:

Well Coach as a Springfield supporter I appreciate your effort, but I am afraid RW has made up his mind and he will never change his outlook on the Springfield football program as long as you same coaches are there. It is over something that happened in week 4 or 5 and he continues to bring it up time and time again but the SP coaches are the 1s whining about it.....

Edited by Kevin38