Franklin vs. Blackman

ftballkicker

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But i will tell you this...you just may beat us on friday...but your team has not come close to seeing what they are going to see this friday night from a team...you have played NO one that has the speed, intensity,and talent and it may just feel overwhelming at times...brentwood did not have it...oakland when yall played them did not have it (they were physically and emotionally done when yall came to town...not the same team that we played in week 8 who were confident...healthy...and ranked # 1 in the state with expectations that no one could get close to them let alone beat them) the physicality of this team's offensive line and defense is at a level that i have rarely seen in high school football...and it's gotten higher and higher over the last 4 weeks...you will have to see it to believe it...but don't say i was not as honest as i could be...from the start of the whistle...this team in big games has been like a bunch of wild dogs and most teams can't equal that intensity...

PBD, man I like how you talk the defense up but remember ya'll just gave up 43 points a couple of weeks ago. At least keep that in mind as you are going on and on about the defense. Kudos for not seperating your defense though. :flower:

But i will tell you this...you just may beat us on friday...but your team has not come close to seeing what they are going to see this friday night from a team...you have played NO one that has the speed, intensity,and talent and it may just feel overwhelming at times...brentwood did not have it...oakland when yall played them did not have it (they were physically and emotionally done when yall came to town...not the same team that we played in week 8 who were confident...healthy...and ranked # 1 in the state with expectations that no one could get close to them let alone beat them) the physicality of this team's offensive line and defense is at a level that i have rarely seen in high school football...and it's gotten higher and higher over the last 4 weeks...you will have to see it to believe it...but don't say i was not as honest as i could be...from the start of the whistle...this team in big games has been like a bunch of wild dogs and most teams can't equal that intensity...

PBD, man I like how you talk the defense up but remember ya'll just gave up 43 points a couple of weeks ago. At least keep that in mind as you are going on and on about the defense. Kudos for not seperating your defense though. :flower:

if it had been against anyone else but riverdale and that wingT offense...i probably would be worried and not chatting about them via the internet... :thumb:

we prepared for the run...did not prepare for the pass...why would we? they had thrown for 550 yards in 9 games...then payton manning/brett farve shows up and we did not know what hit us...no one...including their own fans could believe they could throw like that...so i'm giving them a mulligan on that game...heck...they even scored 21 on yall and i think yall have the best defense in the state !

if it had been against anyone else but riverdale and that wingT offense...i probably would be worried and not chatting about them via the internet... :thumb:

we prepared for the run...did not prepare for the pass...why would we? they had thrown for 550 yards in 9 games...then payton manning/brett farve shows up and we did not know what hit us...no one...including their own fans could believe they could throw like that...so i'm giving them a mulligan on that game...heck...they even scored 21 on yall and i think yall have the best defense in the state !

Oh no, don't start that. I know who you really believe has the best, I was born at night but not last night. :thumb:

If Franklin allows Mathers to run circles around them this game it wont be clsoe. I think their D will step up to the occassion, but it will be tough. Lucky for Franklin, Kuivinen can strike quickly through the air but he will have to be smarter with his passes than he has been the past couple weeks. Looking forward to a great game tomorrow night.

If Franklin allows Mathers to run circles around them this game it wont be clsoe. I think their D will step up to the occassion, but it will be tough. Lucky for Franklin, Kuivinen can strike quickly through the air but he will have to be smarter with his passes than he has been the past couple weeks. Looking forward to a great game tomorrow night.

Correct, from what I got on tape from practice Kuivinen mainly hits the short quick hot routes.

Mathers will get his yards. What is the over under for the I-Train this Friday over or under 200 yards?

Oh no, don't start that. I know who you really believe has the best, I was born at night but not last night. :thumb:

NO...NO...NO...i really do think up till this point yall have the best defense in the state...speed galore...good players at every position and have proved it on the field...

i would also say that our defense has to be # 2, # 3, # 4 or # 5...top 5 overall and certainly that is subjective...but with 10 senior starters...we are strong there!

You will see first class facilities and fans at Blackman. Make sure you get there early...

BTW: Didn't Oakland play without their three running backs, and one receiver? Did that effect the outcome?

I'm pretty sure Oakland played without only one of their running backs. Didn't hear about tany other guys, unless you mean the corner who tried to hit stick the Rebel tight end and got a concusiion, that's football, and that was in the 3rd qtr of the game AGAINST the Rebels. Also, Franklin has played the entire year without 2 of its top 3 RBs and is missing their best receiver. Also, their best offensive lineman got knocked out in the second quarter. The fact is it's football and injuries happen, and good teams have the depth to recover. The better team won, with or without injuries. Let's hope for an injury-free game this Friday night, so there will be no excuses from either side!

Wait right there buddy. Blackman won at Oakland, when Oakland was at full strength and Blackman beat Brentwood. Go ahead and say it...and so far the Blaze are 2-0 with a win at Oakland and a home victory over a soft Brentwood. Yes that is "proving something".

And That is exactly what the Blackman fans are saying today.

Just for fun. How many top ten teams did Franklin defeat this season?

You must not read very well. My post had nothing to do with Blackman "proving anything", they have clearly proved they are a very good team by going 10-1 in an extremely tough district. Also, I don't think Blackman is 2-0 in the playoffs, which was what I was referring to in my post (maybe you should work on your math too). And finally, in my post, I admitted Franklin played a very weak regular season schedule (review 5th grade reading comprehension for that one). I went on to say that doesn't matter now and all that matters is what they have done in the playoffs, in which they are 1-0 with a win AT Oakland. Keep doubting the Rebels though, they are just another "soft" team like Brentwood from 11-AAA!

P.S. You might want to work on your grammar too, when you begin a sentence with "go ahead and say it..", you should probably finish your thought and tell me what I should "go ahead and say", instead of moving on to another thought without a transition.

Edited by TheAnswer21

You must not read very well. My post had nothing to do with Blackman "proving anything", they have clearly proved they are a very good team by going 10-1 in an extremely tough district. Also, I don't think Blackman is 2-0 in the playoffs, which was what I was referring to in my post (maybe you should work on your math too). And finally, in my post, I admitted Franklin played a very weak regular season schedule (review 5th grade reading comprehension for that one). I went on to say that doesn't matter now and all that matters is what they have done in the playoffs, in which they are 1-0 with a win AT Oakland. Keep doubting the Rebels though, they are just another "soft" team like Brentwood from 11-AAA!

P.S. You might want to work on your grammar too, when you begin a sentence with "go ahead and say it..", you should probably finish your thought and tell me what I should "go ahead and say", instead of moving on to another thought without a transition.

I don't read so good. Please type s l o w e r.

Edited by MrDonkey

OK, Franklin beat Oakland (District 7).

Now you can try to beat Blackman (District 7).

Beat them and you will most likely play Smyrna (District 7).

Beat them and you get to play a non district 7 team (call that a bye week).

And if you beat them you can play Riverdale in the District 7 Post-season Championship Game (Also known as the Blue Cross State Championship Game).

And if you win it you're right, I under estimated Franklin.

P.S. If you're checking grammar and spelling you may be at the wrong site. :popcorneater:

Edited by DaBlueRaider