Chassidy Fussell

I won't do this every game but I did want to update how Chassidy Fussell was doing at the University of Texas...

She started and scored 21 points in 22 minutes in an exhibition win over Trinity 132-38 this past Friday night...

I don't know if she has been officially penned in as a starter when the regular season starts on Friday night vs Mississippi Valley State..The Lady Longhorn's first big test will come on 11-28 at Stanford then they play at Michigan State on 12-5...They play the Tennessee Lady Vols in Austin on 12-12...

Good Luck to Chassidy as she starts her career at Texas....

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't do this every game but I did want to update how Chassidy Fussell was doing at the University of Texas...

She started and scored 21 points in 22 minutes in an exhibition win over Trinity 132-38 this past Friday night...

I don't know if she has been officially penned in as a starter when the regular season starts on Friday night vs Mississippi Valley State..The Lady Longhorn's first big test will come on 11-28 at Stanford then they play at Michigan State on 12-5...They play the Tennessee Lady Vols in Austin on 12-12...

A very strong showing for Chassidy in her first game as a Longhorn. Here is a link to the box score for anyone who is interested: http://www.texassports.com/sports/w-baskbl/stats/2010-2011/trinity-box-110510.html

I only got to see her play during Playdays, but I couldn't take my eyes off her when she was on the court. One of the best all-around high school players I've seen. Good to see she is off to a good start at Texas. I was really hoping Vanderbilt would get her, but at least she didn't go to the Lady Vols....lol

Good luck Chassidy. I had fun coaching her at the All Star game.

Congrats to Chassidy and good luck....

coachgat, Newsome had a fine game in the exhibition at UTM as well. She's ALOT quicker than what I thought. We're heading up to Southern Ill. University Saturday to watch 'em play. I'll shootcha a message on here and tell ya how she does.

:thumb: Good luck...Texas is a very good school and a great place.

• 4 weeks later...

Chassidy had 18 points in a 92-77 loss to the Tennessee Lady Vols today in Austin...

Here is a recap of how she has done through the Stanford game where she led her team in scoring with 17 points...

As a Freshman in 2010-11 (As of Dec. 6):

Extended her streak of double-digit scoring efforts to five games after posting a team-leading 17 points (5-of-12 FG, 2-of-5 3FG, 5-of-6 FT) at No. 3/2 Stanford (Nov. 28) ... has led the team in scoring in three-straight games and is the first true freshman in Texas history since Cinietra Henderson in 1989 to open their UT career with five-straight double digit scoring efforts ... tallied her third-straight 20+ scoring effort with 20 points (7-of-16 FG, 1-of-7 3FG, 5-of-5 FT) against Idaho State (Nov. 24) ... became the first true freshman since Heither Schreiber in 2001 to record double-digit scoring efforts in first four games of her Longhorn career ... earned Big 12 Freshman of the Week honors after posting back-to-back 20+ scoring efforts during the week of Nov. 15-21 ... posted third-straight double-digit scoring efforts in as many games three with 20 points (6-of-11 FG, 1-of-3 3FG, 7-of-10 FT) against Boston University (Nov. 21) ... also pulled down eight rebounds and registered four steals ... recorded first 20+ scoring effort of her career with 21 points (7-of-10 FG, 2-of-4 3FG, 5-of-9 FT) against Northwestern State (Nov. 16) ... also totaled seven rebounds ... started in her first game as a Longhorn and posted 12 points (3-of-10 FG, 2-of-4 3FG) ... also pulled down nine rebounds, and dished out five assists ... first true freshman to start in a season-opener for UT since 2006 and posted the most points by a true freshman in the opener since Erika Arriaran (17 points) on Nov. 15, 2005....

Looks like she is doing alright early on in her career...

Chassidy had 18 points in a 92-77 loss to the Tennessee Lady Vols today in Austin...

Here is a recap of how she has done through the Stanford game where she led her team in scoring with 17 points...

As a Freshman in 2010-11 (As of Dec. 6):

Extended her streak of double-digit scoring efforts to five games after posting a team-leading 17 points (5-of-12 FG, 2-of-5 3FG, 5-of-6 FT) at No. 3/2 Stanford (Nov. 28) ... has led the team in scoring in three-straight games and is the first true freshman in Texas history since Cinietra Henderson in 1989 to open their UT career with five-straight double digit scoring efforts ... tallied her third-straight 20+ scoring effort with 20 points (7-of-16 FG, 1-of-7 3FG, 5-of-5 FT) against Idaho State (Nov. 24) ... became the first true freshman since Heither Schreiber in 2001 to record double-digit scoring efforts in first four games of her Longhorn career ... earned Big 12 Freshman of the Week honors after posting back-to-back 20+ scoring efforts during the week of Nov. 15-21 ... posted third-straight double-digit scoring efforts in as many games three with 20 points (6-of-11 FG, 1-of-3 3FG, 7-of-10 FT) against Boston University (Nov. 21) ... also pulled down eight rebounds and registered four steals ... recorded first 20+ scoring effort of her career with 21 points (7-of-10 FG, 2-of-4 3FG, 5-of-9 FT) against Northwestern State (Nov. 16) ... also totaled seven rebounds ... started in her first game as a Longhorn and posted 12 points (3-of-10 FG, 2-of-4 3FG) ... also pulled down nine rebounds, and dished out five assists ... first true freshman to start in a season-opener for UT since 2006 and posted the most points by a true freshman in the opener since Erika Arriaran (17 points) on Nov. 15, 2005....

Looks like she is doing alright early on in her career...

Stay healthy and keep grades up