Finally!

VolunteerCoach

When the AD's at both school started trying to complete schedules for the next two years all DIIs school where contacted...even MUS for home and home games. All declined. MUS stated their schedule was already set for the next two years. Therefor MUS was not contacted for the Bowl game that was put together after. Only AFTER being offered $$$ did two DII schools sign up.

I just hope MBA will be better than they have been the last couple of years.

Edited by BCsportsfan

When the AD's at both school started trying to complete schedules for the next two years all DIIs school where contacted...even MUS for home and home games. All declined. MUS stated their schedule was already set for the next two years. Therefor MUS was not contacted for the Bowl game that was put together after. Only AFTER being offered $$$ did two DII schools sign up.

FYI - BCsportsfan - this simply not true. No D2 schools were contacted about a home and home. Believe what you want.

Also - MBA would have beaten Maryville and Alcoa the past two years.

You certainly seem to hold us in considerable disdain. I hope that your coaches and players go about their game preparations with the same level of hubris that you display (though somehow I expect they're a little sharper than that).

I have no idea what kind of team MBA will have next year. This year's team has only lost to Baylor and BA, neither one a shabby program. Last year's team took some time to recover from the loss of two QB's, but managed to beat Ensworth and BA on their fields, and played a decent MUS team closely in the championship. The team before was 10-2, and the one before that 13-0. Fairly decent records against good competition. The sophomore team won the Metro Nashville championship without ever being tested, and the JV team lost one game on a field goal.

I never make predictions, particularly about teams I've never seen, especially about a season in the future. But I can promise you that whatever MBA has, they will be well prepared and well drilled. They will be extremely intelligent young men who are used to heavy demands and high pressure. You may have a better team, and you may beat them, but they will go all out from coin toss until final whistle. You overlook them at grave peril.

You certainly seem to hold us in considerable disdain. I hope that your coaches and players go about their game preparations with the same level of hubris that you display (though somehow I expect they're a little sharper than that).

I have no idea what kind of team MBA will have next year. This year's team has only lost to Baylor and BA, neither one a shabby program. Last year's team took some time to recover from the loss of two QB's, but managed to beat Ensworth and BA on their fields, and played a decent MUS team closely in the championship. The team before was 10-2, and the one before that 13-0. Fairly decent records against good competition. The sophomore team won the Metro Nashville championship without ever being tested, and the JV team lost one game on a field goal.

I never make predictions, particularly about teams I've never seen, especially about a season in the future. But I can promise you that whatever MBA has, they will be well prepared and well drilled. They will be extremely intelligent young men who are used to heavy demands and high pressure. You may have a better team, and you may beat them, but they will go all out from coin toss until final whistle. You overlook them at grave peril.

Alcoa and Maryville combined for 22 state championships, 12 total in the last 10 years. You don't do that by "overlook them at grave peril". Nice use of 50 cent words..... :bored:

Only AFTER being offered $$$ did two DII schools sign up.

BC... I'm pretty sure the team traveling down I-140 was in the mix to play either Alcoa or Maryville somewhere on their schedule next year regardless of the bowl game setup or the $3,500, don't know about MBA.

At any rate, I'm pleased it got worked out. It'll give us something to look forward to! :thumb:

BC... I'm pretty sure the team traveling down I-140 was in the mix to play either Alcoa or Maryville somewhere on their schedule next year regardless of the bowl game setup or the $3,500, don't know about MBA.

At any rate, I'm pleased it got worked out. It'll give us something to look forward to! :thumb:

$3500 influencing us one way or the other....I mean, it takes a "unique" person to state something that is so preposterous with such authority, and that person is BC Sportsfan.

We've tried to get a game wtih Maryville for years...I guess (if this is real) the "price" for getting a game with Maryville is that we also have to play Alcoa. I don't think Maryville is under any sort of obligation to play us or any out-of-area teams, as they have a full schedule with local teams, and have no reason to play a game with a Nashville team with whom they have no history. A week 0 bowl game is perfect for them, though I wish this would become an annual game mid-season.

It will be a sad day for Gary, looking across the field at the team he really wanted to coach, while coaching the program he had to settle for.

Well good for us and bad for you... You act like your proud of that fact. Well here's some facts for you big red big blue. We are glad that you passed on him (if that's the truth). THANK YOU! He has won 4 straight CHAMPIONSHIP IN A ROW HERE AT ALCOA! He is a good man and a great coach. He will go down as one of the best coaches in state history (if not the best). I'm sure Gary will not be sad when he lines up with MBA but he will be ready to do battle as always. I CAN PROMISE YOU THAT!

I for one have never heard of a teacher say I had to settle to teach at ALCOA. Considering its one of the highest paying public schools in ALL of the state. To me that's arrogant on your part. I have never had anything against the privates. Like I have stated earlier. I have a friend who's kids go to MBA. I will not fall to your level on that one. You DII posters have such a chip on their shoulders. :twisted:

There could be a day when Gary might go to a private school but for now he's our coach. I for one appreciate his stint here. He's brought a lot to this GREAT SCHOOL! :mrgreen:

Edited by DSM10

As for ENSWORTH not wanting to play GO FIGURE. I don't never EVER, EVER, EVER want to hear a DII poster say anything about the Tornadoes schedule. Especially if you get ask to play and you decline. Don't blame us!!!!

Am I to understand that Ensworth turned down a home and home?...or are you giving someone grief for not agreeing to come play only on your turf with no return trip?

I'll tell you now, I have very little knowledge of Alcoa and Maryville and most of what I know about Ensworth is from this board. I know more about BA, MBA, & BGA from people I went to school with but not from direct experience. If there's something I'm supposed to know about the background?...chances are I don't.

Well good for us and bad for you... You act like your proud of that fact. Well here's some facts for you big red big blue. We are glad that you passed on him (if that's the truth). THANK YOU! He has won 4 straight CHAMPIONSHIP IN A ROW HERE AT ALCOA! He is a good man and a great coach. He will go down as one of the best coaches in state history (if not the best). I'm sure Gary will not be sad when he lines up with MBA but he will be ready to do battle as always. I CAN PROMISE YOU THAT!

I for one have never heard of a teacher say I had to settle to teach at ALCOA. Considering its one of the highest paying public schools in ALL of the state. To me that's arrogant on your part. I have never had anything against the privates. Like I have stated earlier. I have a friend who's kids go to MBA. I will not fall to your level on that one. You DII posters have such a chip on your shoulders. :twisted:

There could be a day when Gary might go to a private school but for now he's our coach. I for one appreciate his stint here. He's brought a lot to this GREAT SCHOOL! :mrgreen:

Well of course I'm proud of that fact, DSM. I don't want my school employing a guy who "cuts and runs" (i.e., schemes to have the rules changed to his liking--D1/D2) after losing a single game (Clinic Bowl '95).

I remember when Gary Pigue was the coach at Hunter's Lane and scheduled a home/home with MBA in the 90s, losing both games. It was a non-district game. Someone asked him afterwards he planned on dropping the series and he answered, "h--- no! I'm gonna keep playing 'em til I beat 'em." Which he eventually did. Contrast that with Gary losing the first game he ever coached against BA...ranting and raving off the field with his principal, "we'll never play those _______'s again!"

To each his own I guess...seems like you were winning championships before he showed up.