Greeneville vs Gibbs

DevilMan03

Gosh, sounds to me like we don't even need to play the game this week. Let's just skip it since it's a foregone conclusion, right? There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance. You may have Carmichael, but don't forget that Gibbs has a very dangerous back too. Gibbs defense can be had, but their triple option has not been contained all year. I'll agree that Greeneville seems likely to win, but if Gibbs can put up numbers like they have all season, things could get interesting.

Greeneville Stops the Run Continuoisly and the pass also.

They even held Fulton to 0.

Remember Fulton? The team that hung 54 on you guys?

Dang this pat our selves on the back greeneville topic is interesting reading, just wondering what kind of record the greene devils had before they got into the powerful District they were put in last year by T$$AA. :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

They were in the semi-finals the last year in their old district. Not too shabby if you ask me.

Dang this pat our selves on the back greeneville topic is interesting reading, just wondering what kind of record the greene devils had before they got into the powerful District they were put in last year by T$$AA. :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Gee you're on coacht....you can go see for yourself. But the best place to see Greeneville's record is at greenevillefootball.com. We could have been PUT in this district a long time ago and chose to play up. If T$$AA had allowed us to play UP in football but as assigned in all other sports, we might still be there. Playing as assigned has already resulted in a state title in girl's cross-country, a second place finish in boy's cross country and a semi-final appearance for the girls soccer team. I can't believe I'm sayin' this, but its not always about football.....

Edited by barb

Greeneville Stops the Run Continuoisly and the pass also.

They even held Fulton to 0.

Remember Fulton? The team that hung 54 on you guys?

You're talking about the defense, which if you read my previous comment, you should be able to understand that I wasn't defending Gibbs' defense. However, Gibbs did score 43 points on Fulton's D- 8 more than you did. The only games that Gibbs scored less than 34 points were games that QB Chris Legg was out most of the game (Austin-East and Sequoyah).

I guess since you said that Greeneville stops the run continuously and the pass also though, that Gibbs clearly will not be able to score. Maybe they should schedule Hoover(AL) next year with a flawless defense like that.

By the way, how many teams has Greeneville played that actually know how to run the triple option effectively? My guess is zero.

Gosh, sounds to me like we don't even need to play the game this week. Let's just skip it since it's a foregone conclusion, right? There's a fine line between confidence and arrogance. You may have Carmichael, but don't forget that Gibbs has a very dangerous back too. Gibbs defense can be had, but their triple option has not been contained all year. I'll agree that Greeneville seems likely to win, but if Gibbs can put up numbers like they have all season, things could get interesting.

Oh gosh, another one of those posters. Listen, we all know the game needs to be played. However, IMO, the Devils will win. Sorry that you have to crucify me for saying FIRE-SNOT.

Gee you're on coacht....you can go see for yourself. But the best place to see Greeneville's record is at greenevillefootball.com. We could have been PUT in this district a long time ago and chose to play up. If T$$AA had allowed us to play UP in football but as assigned in all other sports, we might still be there. Playing as assigned has already resulted in a state title in girl's cross-country, a second place finish in boy's cross country and a semi-final appearance for the girls soccer team. I can't believe I'm sayin' this, but its not always about football.....

Barb, don't forget that is two semifinal appearances by the girls soccer team. And you also left out a second place state finish by the girls golf team a year ago. This move has helped many of Greeneville's athletes play against schools their own size, and obviously it has helped.

Barb, don't forget that is two semifinal appearances by the girls soccer team. And you also left out a second place state finish by the girls golf team a year ago. This move has helped many of Greeneville's athletes play against schools their own size, and obviously it has helped.

Also another State appearance by the girls Basketball team in what was thought to be a down year.