Greeneville vs Gibbs

DevilMan03

So you're saying Gibbs is that much worse than Fulton? Fulton was still in the game at halftime only down 14 points with a few turnovers but some pretty good defense. I think this one will go into the third quarter, then you might start seeing some reserves later on. Greeneville still wins big.

Bud...where did that Fulton team go that was "still in the game at halftime"? I know that "pretty good defense" didn't leave cause most of them played on the not so effective offense. Winters is a great QB, but Mel and Chaz were his worst nightmare and rendered the Fulton passing game ineffective. Gibbs LOST to a Fulton team that hung 54 pts on them. Wolverine mentioned that the Eagles scored 43 on them...8 pts more than Greeneville. I'm pretty sure since they were still in the game, the Gibbs starters were in the whole game. Greeneville hit mercy rule at around the 11 minute mark....Carmichael and Spradlin had a seat. Rollins was out at about 6 minutes and Stewart, Troy and the reserves mopped up the rest of the game. Ballard had the perfect gameplan to beat Fulton and I'm sure he'll have an answer for Mr Hibbett and company when they roll into Burley...FIRE-SNOT!!!

Edited by barb

Give credit where credit is due.

Greeneville players have heard all year how they play a weak schedule and we'll see how good they really are when we get to playoff's. Well...playoffs are here and now it's excuses like we aren't playing anoyone good there either. Seems as though pre-game talk last week was all about how we haven't seen a team with such speed and size as Fulton. I'll be honest, I was a little concerned about this one. Just like the saying goes, "On any given Sunday" well except it's on any given Friday. I am looking forward to gameday and hopefully the Devils will prove themselves once again.

FINISH! :thumb:

Yeah I was a little concerned when I saw thos big ol boys come out of the locker room too and a bit more when we won the toss and deferred. Then they opened with a big run on their first play and I nearly wet my bloomers...so I did what most everyone else does when the Devils are on Defense.I went to the bathroom and then to the concession stand for pizza and nachos. If Coach Conley thinks Fulton hit them in the mouth, wait til he gets a load of Hall and Story.

Yeah I was a little concerned when I saw thos big ol boys come out of the locker room too and a bit more when we won the toss and deferred. Then they opened with a big run on their first play and I nearly wet my bloomers...so I did what most everyone else does when the Devils are on Defense.I went to the bathroom and then to the concession stand for pizza and nachos. If Coach Conley thinks Fulton hit them in the mouth, wait til he gets a load of Hall and Story.

Yeh, they were some big ole boys for sure which proves bigger is not always better in some cases. We are a fairly young team but do have some size with Hall, Rollins, Cope...etc. Definately got some speed with Willie and Shuff. How does Gibbs look as far as size, speed, and passing game?

Btw...concession had homemade chili Friday night which was outstanding. Just thought I'd let you know in case they have it again this week you might want to give it a try. :hungry:

Bud...where did that Fulton team go that was "still in the game at halftime"? I know that "pretty good defense" didn't leave cause most of them played on the not so effective offense. Winters is a great QB, but Mel and Chaz were his worst nightmare and rendered the Fulton passing game ineffective. Gibbs LOST to a Fulton team that hung 54 pts on them. Wolverine mentioned that the Eagles scored 43 on them...8 pts more than Greeneville. I'm pretty sure since they were still in the game, the Gibbs starters were in the whole game. Greeneville hit mercy rule at around the 11 minute mark....Carmichael and Spradlin had a seat. Rollins was out at about 6 minutes and Stewart, Troy and the reserves mopped up the rest of the game. Ballard had the perfect gameplan to beat Fulton and I'm sure he'll have an answer for Mr Hibbett and company when they roll into Burley...FIRE-SNOT!!!

They ran and hid in the second half. It was a different team it seemed. But you can't dispute that the Falcons weren't in the game at halftime. If they would have made a few halftime adjustments, which Ballard and the boys did a good job doing. I have no doubt that Greeneville was the better team, but with the way a football bounces and a Fulton team down 14 points at halftime, you couldn't have counted them out.

Gee you're on coacht....you can go see for yourself. But the best place to see Greeneville's record is at greenevillefootball.com. We could have been PUT in this district a long time ago and chose to play up. If T$$AA had allowed us to play UP in football but as assigned in all other sports, we might still be there. Playing as assigned has already resulted in a state title in girl's cross-country, a second place finish in boy's cross country and a semi-final appearance for the girls soccer team. I can't believe I'm sayin' this, but its not always about football.....

Ever reckon...you played "up" because your openzoned...and all things considered openzoned schools should be moved up.

i have watched your devils play and i will be the first to tell u that you would get flat out destroyed by alcoa cak polk county marryville loudon red bank maplewood signal mountain dobbyns bennet howard in chattannoga south pittsburg the list could go on and on so how about you shutup and play some of the big boys before you run your mouth like your the dang colts or something lol greenville fans sorrry but your not that good

Your obviously retarded. Greeneville just murdered Fulton 35-0.. I'm pretty sure Alcoa barely beat them.. With that being said greeneville is going to destroy every other team we play.. ha and you say were not that good.

Ever reckon...you played "up" because your openzoned...and all things considered openzoned schools should be moved up.

The whole concept of "openzoning" as an advantage is kind of ridiculous. In a sense every school system in Tennessee is openzoned...Consider the following

FAPE ..law that says every child is entitled to a Free and Appropriate Public Education within their district.. meaning no tuition and free transportation

If a parent wants their child to go to another school system out side their district then 1)They must pay tuition 2) They must provide their own transport and 3) The school system can deny admittance for whatever reason. (Usually discipline problems, failure to pay tuition or overcrowding)

The only true openzoned schools would be several High schools in the same district and you can go to whichever one you want with guaranteed admittance and no tuition. Imagine trying to workout that transportation!

the TSSAA knows this.. so they have eligibility criteria set up to keep kids from jumping from school to school as they wish. Number one is to be eligible in a new school there must be a change of residence.

In Greeneville's Case it is the only High School in the system. The county schools are in a separate schools system and must pay tuition and provide transportation and be accepted to attend GHS. If a student lives in the city limits (he technically lives in Greene Co.) so he can go to County schools free.

I'm pretty sure about of my facts because all 5 of my kids went to GCSchools and we paid $1000 perchild per year for all 5. Because of the overall benefits. Better Educ. standards, Better muscic programs and better sports offerings. If you're complaining about us having good athletes because of zoning then you are complaining about parents working extra and paying extra to give their kids something extra.

Edited by JCAFCNMWTG

The whole concept of "openzoning" as an advantage is kind of ridiculous. In a sense every school system in Tennessee is openzoned...Consider the following

FAPE ..law that says every child is entitled to a Free and Appropriate Public Education within their district.. meaning no tuition and free transportation

If a parent wants their child to go to another school system out side their district then 1)They must pay tuition 2) They must provide their own transport and 3) The school system can deny admittance for whatever reason. (Usually discipline problems, failure to pay tuition or overcrowding)

The only true openzoned schools would be several High schools in the same district and you can go to whichever one you want with guaranteed admittance and no tuition. Imagine trying to workout that transportation!

the TSSAA knows this.. so they have eligibility criteria set up to keep kids from jumping from school to school as they wish. Number one is to be eligible in a new school there must be a change of residence.

In Greeneville's Case it is the only High School in the system. The county schools are in a separate schools system and must pay tuition and provide transportation and be accepted to attend GHS. If a student lives in the city limits (he technically lives in Greene Co.) so he can go to County schools free.

I'm pretty sure about of my facts because all 5 of my kids went to GCSchools and we paid $1000 perchild per year for all 5. Because of the overall benefits. Better Educ. standards, Better muscic programs and better sports offerings. If you're complaining about us having good athletes because of zoning then you are complaining about parents working extra and paying extra to give their kids something extra.

I too hauled my girl into Greeneville from North Greene every morning @ 7 so she could have AP classes and music. Of course back then tuition wasn't 1000 bucks and the county schools were not offering many AP courses and had no music program. I found the drive to be more of an issue than the tuition. I would imaging if Greene county wasn't logistically so spread out, more parents would consider the tuition option...of course we probably wouldn't have 4 county schools either.

Good luck to both teams. While I agree that Greeneville is a double digit favorite, they better not have the same disrespect for the Eagles that some of you have. They run a difficult offense to stop that requires very disciplined, assignment football by the opposing defense to stop it. They run it very well with some pretty good players. With that said, if Greeneville comes out with fire in their eyes I believe it will be a sound beating, but if they are the least bit sluggish Gibbs could turn this into a game. :ph34r: