Boyd Buc @ Wartburg

reaction

i'm more of a fan of bare feet and overalls with a mason jar, full of high octane, just like you. but, i don't hold it against the multimillionaire trust fund kids like reaction, roflolk.gif

i'm not even gonna bring buc55 into this. that guy's got the pull to make me disappear. ph34r.gif

take care of these guy's bucs. thumb[1].gif

Snoball I would have to find you 1st. :roflol:

i'm more of a fan of bare feet and overalls with a mason jar, full of high octane, just like you. but, i don't hold it against the multimillionaire trust fund kids like reaction, roflolk.gif

i'm not even gonna bring buc55 into this. that guy's got the pull to make me disappear. ph34r.gif

take care of these guy's bucs. thumb[1].gif

Met buc55, looked as if he'd fit in well with us red necks. If Wartburg makes the mistakes and penalizes itself as we did, BB will get em.

Yea it looks like BB destroyed us, but it was a ballgame to the end...then we hand em 14 points in what? The last minute and a half of the game?

See, im still not over it! :)

Anyway, hats off to BB. Buc55 and the other fans I met acted with class....alot like us folk here!!!!

Met buc55, looked as if he'd fit in well with us red necks. If Wartburg makes the mistakes and penalizes itself as we did, BB will get em.

Yea it looks like BB destroyed us, but it was a ballgame to the end...then we hand em 14 points in what? The last minute and a half of the game?

See, I'm still not over it! :)

Anyway, hats off to BB. Buc55 and the other fans I met acted with class....alot like us folk here!!!!

You know it, Ukoit I'm just a Red Neck sensitive big guy. From looking at Wartburg's roster and stats, they seem a lot like Hampton a little on the small side but have a lot of seniors so they will be a scrappy bunch with a lot of fight. I would say our game plan will be the same line em up and run at ya. Try and use our size advantage. :thumb:

You know it, Ukoit I'm just a Red Neck sensitive big guy. From looking at Wartburg's roster and stats, they seem a lot like Hampton a little on the small side but have a lot of seniors so they will be a scrappy bunch with a lot of fight. I would say our game plan will be the same line em up and run at ya. Try and use our size advantage. :thumb:

Shoot '55, its untelling. I watched video of BB's past games and you threw more 7 yd out passes last night than you all threw ALL year! Lol

If WB's rt def end and L.B. stays at home, they might slow that run down a lil (hint hint WB!)...just messn with ya '55

Hmmm… just like many said… the ridiculous, highest multiplier in the country would just move the 1A whining to 2A. I guess it is so… However, this is not the place for that discussion.

If you lived here… I suspect you would find a private school for your kids if you could find a way to pay for it…

You are correct about Boyd being the whipping boy for most everyone they played in the past. However, the dynamics responsible their improvement has nothing to do with recruiting or scholarships.

If you care to know the reason… read on…

In July 1997, the Chattanooga City Schools and the Hamilton County School System merged into one. The two could hardly have been more different. Chattanooga City schools were highly urban and poor. Achievement and standards were low. Hamilton County schools were suburban and more economically diverse. Achievement was significantly higher than in the city schools. When this happen many things changed in the Hamilton County public schools. This sent many parents looking for an alternative. At this time choices that were in the price range for common families were; Boyd-Buchanan, Grace, Chattanooga Christian, Temple, Brainerd Baptist and Notre Dame. Boyd-Buchanan and ND were the only schools that had football teams at the time.

(most of the above comes from a pdf about Hamilton Co schools located at www.annenberginstitute.org)

This is when Boyd-Buchanan began to have very good football teams… if you really wanted to know…

So… can we now just talk football?

Its not like BB has a bunch of little rich kids thats had everything handed to um. These kids work their butts off and pay the price to have success. They don't have the best atheletes,alot of public schools have more talent. The difference is ,nearly everyone of them come from good homes with parents who want them to excel inall walks of life. Its not like the little public schools where half the kids come from broken homes and parents who have messed up lives. The world is not fair and all people are not created equal,contrary to popular belief. You really can't hold it against people who get out and strive hard to make good lifes for their kids. Its not a bad thing. I've learned alot over the years about what makes these teams successful.In a perfect world ,all kids would have the same oppertunities.I don't look for that to happen until judgement day. I will say one thing ,there is more than one way to skin a cat,Trousdale has a great recipe for success. It can be done at public schools as well.

Its not like BB has a bunch of little rich kids thats had everything handed to um. These kids work their butts off and pay the price to have success. They don't have the best atheletes,alot of public schools have more talent. The difference is ,nearly everyone of them come from good homes with parents who want them to excel inall walks of life. Its not like the little public schools where half the kids come from broken homes and parents who have messed up lives. The world is not fair and all people are not created equal,contrary to popular belief. You really can't hold it against people who get out and strive hard to make good lifes for their kids. Its not a bad thing. I've learned alot over the years about what makes these teams successful.In a perfect world ,all kids would have the same oppertunities.I don't look for that to happen until judgement day. I will say one thing ,there is more than one way to skin a cat,Trousdale has a great recipe for success. It can be done at public schools as well.

great post. thumb[1].gif

Thank u pujo, couldn't have said it better!

I've been in this crazy debate for many years and it took me a while to figure it all out,now its just as plain as day.My kids are not in a private school, but they are getting alot of the same structure.

yep I agree but I'm going to get that little one a spongebob football if we meet yall next year.