Hampton 2010/2011

uknoit2

Dang, Do you two need a ruler and some privacy? LET THE MEASURING BEGIN! It's HIGH SCHOOL sports being played by kids, guys. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but neither one of you can 1up the other on here. All 3 schools have had success and all 3 have had down times. That's the nature of schools this size. Can't be helped it is just the law of averages catching up. But who am I to butt in? Shoot, Have at it! Out of the red corner we have TD, and the blue corner we bring you King! LETS GET IT ON!

Better set a max number of rounds or it will go on for a LOOOOOG time! :mrgreen:

Nobody knows, thats the point. If a frog had wings......"If" is a much bigger word than the two letters it takes up.Look, This is the way I see things; You give everything you a have in a game(and I mean EVERYTHING ,be it football,basketball,or table tennis,I don,t care what the score is, you still win as long as you NEVER give up.Fight,fight,fight until the bitter end and do everything you can possibly do, And because of talent or mistakes you may get beat but you still don't LOSE. The only losers are quitters IMO. I don't think there are very many losers at Cloudland, Hampton, or Unaka. All 3 schools have fighters in their programs,coaches and players.

I have butted heads with both of em....and I think the world of their input...they are hard-core fans that call it like they see it....gotta love it! :thumb:

I have butted heads with both of em....and I think the world of their input...they are hard-core fans that call it like they see it....gotta love it! :thumb:

Too True. Both are the type I was talkin about,Give it everything for what they believe. I guess I'll just :popcorneater: My time for doing is long gone but my time for worrying has just begun.It's funny, I very very rarely ever worried bout a game when I played but now that my son is in there, it is impossible for me not to. Ahh, that's the nature of competition for a sports dad I guess.

Just a question here. When Jones got hurt on the bench he had ice. I was told all 4 years of high school if you iced something during the game you werent allowed to come back in. Not that i think the outcome would of changed, but i was just curious because i remember being at Hampton and my finger pointing a direction it wasnt suppose to and i was told i couldnt ice it at the half because your not allowed to play if you ice during the game. anyone else have able to find a rule saying this or not saying it?

WOOOOOOO! But I dread going up there! It'll be on!

Close game for a good stretch .....alot of good action

Did i not tell you uknoit2 that Cloudland had not played anyone that was good.Now you know that you shouldnt have a problem untill sub state as long as you play your game.Wasnt downing the small schools .Just wasnt building a team up that hasnt played anyone untill tonight

Just a question here. When Jones got hurt on the bench he had ice. I was told all 4 years of high school if you iced something during the game you werent allowed to come back in. Not that i think the outcome would of changed, but i was just curious because i remember being at Hampton and my finger pointing a direction it wasnt suppose to and i was told i couldnt ice it at the half because your not allowed to play if you ice during the game. anyone else have able to find a rule saying this or not saying it?

Icing a cut making one ineligible? Never heard of that one....not sure....these refs SURE wouldnt have known!....outcome may have been the same but with Jones on the floor, they're alot more in control...loosing him and Ward for a stretch made a big difference...

Well, son....they might not have won state championships during those years but they did go to the state tourney at least twice during the eighties which meant they were more than above avg. I was told by one Unaka friend of mine that Unaka never lost to Cloudland in Varsity or JV during the eighties or most of the nineties? Told me that when Cloudland finally beat Unaka's JV that Unaka felt like they had lost the national championship even though Unaka had 2 freshmen playing on the Varsity only. Going to the state in the eighties was much harder than it is now. You saying that they "rarely" had any great teams shows how dumb you really are. As far as the 10 years you are talking about, Hampton never beat Unaka's eyes out during those years and they actually did get in on some of those 10 years when they moved down to single A and were part of the conference. Cloudland was definately down then but N. Greene and U. High were not. Espcially not UH.

I respect Hampton and Unaka a ton. Have lots of friends at both. Don't let an argument with the King get blown up. I played in that era and before I played there was The crew at Cloudland that had Bret R. and several others in the 80's (Very talented bunch). We weren't loaded or (great) or anything and I'm not sure about exact records, but that statement seems inacurate. I lost to Unaka a couple of times but I also remember putting it on them. Have tapes to prove that. Never beat Hampton though. They were loaded with Vines, Kates, Smith, Calhoun, and others. And yes I went to support them at the State Tourny. I also wouldn't say that Unaka was anybodys whipping post either. Just my opinion though mixed with what I know. Doesn't mean a hill of beans, cause today is what it is all about. The Dogs rolled our buts. oops ... butts lol

Edited by chsoldschool