Hampton 2010/2011

uknoit2

Dogs win! I knew Cosby would be a tremendous challenge. Conard is a beast and a good kid. On to Dogs vs Landers round 4!

It was a struggle for the Dogs 2nite to say the least. Still nowhere near their game. Maybe they will get it together for Thurs nite vs Landers...better bring their best game...Landers are smoking hot!! Still too much questionable subbing for the Dogs. One coach will stick one in and the other will jerk them out...I know you want to play favorites but wake up guys you need your senior leadership on the floor at crunch time. Raw talent pulled this one out.

It was a struggle for the Dogs 2nite to say the least. Still nowhere near their game. Maybe they will get it together for Thurs nite vs Landers...better bring their best game...Landers are smoking hot!! Still too much questionable subbing for the Dogs. One coach will stick one in and the other will jerk them out...I know you want to play favorites but wake up guys you need your senior leadership on the floor at crunch time. Raw talent pulled this one out.

Dogs did not play their best but I don't really think they struggled. They did what they needed to do to win. Free throw shooting did hurt Cosby!

Dogs did not play their best but I don't really think they struggled. They did what they needed to do to win. Free throw shooting did hurt Cosby!

And when its all said and done, a free throw don't mean you get free points ,it just means no one can guard you. It is ,and always has been a big part of the game,been a million games won and lost at the free throw line. Its not an excuse,its a huge part of the game.

And when its all said and done, a free throw don't mean you get free points ,it just means no one can guard you. It is ,and always has been a big part of the game,been a million games won and lost at the free throw line. Its not an excuse,its a huge part of the game.

As is turnovers, missed lay-ups, and so on...you either do it right or loose...that's the great thing about this game....non one dimensional

Cosby 7 of 21 from the line saved you.

Free throws are a huge part of the game. Ya gotta hit them when your tired. Dogs played good enough to win. Will have to pick it up from here on out. Maximum of 5 games left in this season, just hope they get to play in all 5! Should be a classic game Thurs night against the Landers. I guess the cream does rise to the top!

uknoit, the Lander defense had alot to do with Hamptons limited movement. I really don't think Hampton played half-heartedly. They were on a court with an opponent who matches their skill and intensity. While Cloudland is not as seasoned, they have too good of a team for Hampton to blow out. Its just not gonna happen. As for sub-state, I don't really know for sure but I think we can host it. The thing is we gotta win tonight. :D

The Lander defense is GOOD, no denying that! The thing about Cloudland's defense, and I know I will probably get slammed for saying this, but they foul A LOT! I'm not saying this is a bad thing at all and definitely not putting them down. If you can get by with it, you should definitely do it! Cloudland just plays their press a little more aggressively than Hampton does and really tries to wear you down with it. There was a reason Cloudland got in foul trouble the first time they played this year....they fouled a lot and the refs called it and Cloudland could not impose their will and Hampton won big. This Cloudland defense actually reminds me of some of the early 90's Science Hill defenses where they pretty much fouled every play but the refs just could not keep up and call them all. Science Hill would run people in and out and did not care if the refs called a foul or not. They played the same way regardless. In the district championship, the refs let Cloudland "handle" Hampton quite a bit and this contributed directly to some of Hampton's turnovers and also got Hampton frustrated which caused even more turnovers. This is exactly what the defense is designed to do. My point is the refs will determine quite a bit in this game by how they decide to call the game. In my opinion, if the game is called close, it will favor Hampton. If the refs let both sides play, it will favor Cloudland and they will be able to impose their will and will be tough to beat in a game like that.

cosby would beat cloudland by 10 to 15. that press wouldnt hurt cosby. how many times did hamptons press turn cosby over. 0! cloudland would have nothing for conard. makes me sick hampton let cloudland beat them in the district championship. cosby and hampton both are good enough to be in murfreesboro sucks one had to go home. after that being said hampton is one of the better single A teams ive ever saw around here. and i played on that 34-2 team at cosby in 06. qnd played against unaka state champ team in 04 this years hampton team is right there with em. good luck down the road boys. GO COSBY

Hughs is one of the better players ive seen in single in around here lately. I still think i would take conard over him. Def not one of the better teams. Just 2 real good players. i feel like hill is soft and jones is average. 33 dont hurt you but dont give you alot. Hampton just made a few more plays than us...and a few more free throws. free throws cost memphis a national title and they cost us a substate game. they are a big part of the game. we wernt tired, we missed our first 6 attempts. i think it was more nerves than anything. if im a player or the coach of cosby conard touches it every possesion

cosby would beat cloudland by 10 to 15. that press wouldnt hurt cosby. how many times did hamptons press turn cosby over. 0! cloudland would have nothing for conard. makes me sick hampton let cloudland beat them in the district championship. cosby and hampton both are good enough to be in murfreesboro sucks one had to go home. after that being said hampton is one of the better single A teams ive ever saw around here. and i played on that 34-2 team at cosby in 06. qnd played against unaka state champ team in 04 this years hampton team is right there with em. good luck down the road boys. GO COSBY

that is one of those situations that have to played out to know. If your going off the performance that Cloudland gave against Hancock then your not spot on. They were missing their point guard. You take Herz or another one of your best guards off the floor and say that. Totally different type of press that the landers bring as tyler mentioned above. They don't seem to get the respect for whatever reason. You may be right, but thats why the games are played. That said, Cosby is one of the better teams I have seen all year, they have nothing to hang their heads about.

Son, I'd bet everything I own down to my last can of backer that Cosby wouldn't beat Cloudland but maybe 3 out of 10 times. People keep disrespecting and underestimating the Landers and by god we just might put our little team in the state tournament while everyone else is sittin' at the freggin house. :ph34r: