Hampton 2010/2011

uknoit2

If you call all of those quality opponents I think you might want to quit your day job and go into doing standup comedy. Johnson County is terrible this year. It doesnt matter if you played them at home,ralph stout park or in the parking lot the fact is they are bad. And what ru comparing? So your basically saying just for the simple fact Central and West Greene has more kids that makes them good in their classification? News flash my friend Sullivan Central will more then likely finish next to last in their conference, West Greene will be lucky to win 8 games,Pigeon Forge might have played Austin East but that still negates the fact that they are a bad ball team,And Sullivan South yep they are AAA but guess what they will probably finish last in their conference. Get your facts strait Durden before you log-in.

Yea I would pull the injury card out on this subject my friend bad bad call.

Well johnny, I don't think you have ever been accused of being very smart, have you? The more you post, the dumber you become! You know, you could have chosen to stay silent and people may have wondered if you were an idiot, but you chose to speak, and you therefore, removed ALL doubt! I'm sure ALL of the intelligent Landers posters are hoping and praying you are a fan of some other school. Nobody said the Dogs have played an NBA schedule but they have played the games they were scheduled to play and all of the schools were bigger schools than Hampton. Size of school does not mean everything but it usually means something or we would not have classifications. We have played the games we were scheduled to play and that is all we can do. U can think what u want but the teams we have played are not bad. None of them are probably going to win the state, but none of them are bad! Hampton has not played Sullivan South this year, but only scrimmaged them so we are not even counting that as a win, so I really don't care how many games they win this year. My facts are straight for your information, maybe you should check your's! As for injuries, Hampton has had a LOT of them and that is a fact! Hampton is not using that as an excuse because I feel like Hampton should have beat Cloudland every time they have played the last 2 years even with the injuries. That is just my opinion. That being said, I feel like Hampton would not have lost a game to Cloudland the last 2 years if injuries would not have been a factor. That is just my opinion. I know Cloudland is good this year but I do not see them beating Hampton this year if Hampton is healthy. I know Cloudland beat Avery pretty bad, but I also know that most of Avery's better players except for Clarke play football and they only had 1 practice before the Cloudland game. The win by that many points is still impressive though. I thought Hampton played their best game of the year against Eliz on Friday. They really played hard and shared the basketball great. That is still not as good as they can play but it is a step in the right direction.

T.D., it was fun messing with ole Johnny but its now time to move on. I disagree with you on one point, kinda.....I think they could have beat the Landers and maybe even should've (taking nothing from the Lander victories at all) BUT this team just isnt the same when either of the starters are on the bench injured or in foul trouble. Take Ward, Hughes, Hill, Jones out and they dont have a good replacement nor the same bonding.

Ex. Who replaces Ward's inside/outside game? Who replaces Hughes' scoring game? Who replaces Jones' ball handling/play calling? Who replaces Hill's size under the basket?

With Ward's knee injury last year, we were hurt a game or two. When Hill was on the bench, we were hurt that game. If Jones had been on the floor, controlling the ball and breaking the press, good chance we'd taken those games. Fact is, the sub-state game, we had injured players not playing up to speed....No excuses, just facts...

BUT THAT IS THE PAST! Hate it was brought up by you-know-who.

I hope we're rid of him, gotta good idea who he is anyway! :thumb:

The Price still aint right!

As good ol Jack Nicholson would say "Heres Johnny" :rolleyes: You folks act like I want blood. Johnny is not here to cause no harm as personal as you want to make my posts out to be.

I just know the difference between a medioccur,good, and a great team. Hampton did play pretty good against Elizabethton the other night I will give credit where credit is due. (See I am not that bad of an outlaw) :roflol: Maybe I just come from the old school where a wise man once told me "the teams who make excuses dont believe in themselves nor eachother the great teams always find ways to win no matter what"

As good ol Jack Nicholson would say "Heres Johnny" :rolleyes: You folks act like I want blood. Johnny is not here to cause no harm as personal as you want to make my posts out to be.

I just know the difference between a medioccur,good, and a great team. Hampton did play pretty good against Elizabethton the other night I will give credit where credit is due. (See I am not that bad of an outlaw) :roflol: Maybe I just come from the old school where a wise man once told me "the teams who make excuses dont believe in themselves nor eachother the great teams always find ways to win no matter what"

Good post!

Agree with ur old school qoute 100%.

Last years team wasn't as deep as this year's will be later this season.

We didn't have the bench help to find the needed way to produce wins with starters on the bench....IMO

If these 6 players stay healthy, there will be no excuse for failure.

I know Cloudland will be ready and tough. This bunch must match that with more determination.

Good post!

Agree with ur old school qoute 100%.

Last years team wasn't as deep as this year's will be later this season.

We didn't have the bench help to find the needed way to produce wins with starters on the bench....IMO

If these 6 players stay healthy, there will be no excuse for failure.

I know Cloudland will be ready and tough. This bunch must match that with more determination.

We'll find out more about Cloudland if they play Erwin tonight. One thing about Cloudland is its a guarantee they will play lights out for 4 quarters. My opinion is Cloudland was the better TEAM period last year. There is no way of knowing how Hampton would have done if they were healthy and its ok for everyone to have their opinion. Last year Cloudland had better coaching and better unity. Hampton does have Smith now and that will help especially in tight game situations. One other point is there are a lot of games to play between now and then. After seeing what NG did to UH, its gonna be tough sleddin' in the conference.

We'll find out more about Cloudland if they play Erwin tonight. One thing about Cloudland is its a guarantee they will play lights out for 4 quarters. My opinion is Cloudland was the better TEAM period last year. There is no way of knowing how Hampton would have done if they were healthy and its ok for everyone to have their opinion. Last year Cloudland had better coaching and better unity. Hampton does have Smith now and that will help especially in tight game situations. One other point is there are a lot of games to play between now and then. After seeing what NG did to UH, its gonna be tough sleddin' in the conference.

You are right....what I said was IMO....There is no way of knowing.

I will agree that Cloudland was the better TEAM and more unified also.

BUT, this is a new season....and would appear a different TEAM (lets hope it stays this way).

If Providence cancels on Hampton tonight, Im hoping Cloudland still goes to Unicoi 'cause thats a game Id love to see. :thumb:

You are right....what I said was IMO....There is no way of knowing.

I will agree that Cloudland was the better TEAM and more unified also.

BUT, this is a new season....and would appear a different TEAM (lets hope it stays this way).

If Providence cancels on Hampton tonight, Im hoping Cloudland still goes to Unicoi 'cause thats a game Id love to see. :thumb:

unicoi and cloudland have canceled.

Edited by dare

CRAP! :evil:

Hampton and Providence have also canceled. :bored:

It ain't like it was back in our day. We used to play shirts vs skins in this weather,huh? Walked to school,5 miles,Up hill both ways. :unsure: I do remember my bus driver putting chains on the bus though.If there wasn't at least 8 in. of snow your butt went to school. Now days if the weather man says 30% chance of snow next tuesday they let school out the friday before.Of course a good paddle was of some use back then too. :thumb:

Edited by Bluengoldblood

It ain't like it was back in our day. We used to play shirts vs skins in this weather,huh? Walked to school,5 miles,Up hill both ways. :unsure: I do remember my bus driver putting chains on the bus though.If there wasn't at least 8 in. of snow your butt went to school. Now days if the weather man says 30% chance of snow next tuesday they let school out the friday before.Of course a good paddle was of some use back then too. :thumb:

Yep! I remember chains on the busses too!

Ahhhh, we didn't know what a LAWSUIT was then!