Hampton 2010/2011

uknoit2

Go Dogs!!! 6-0 and Greene County Thanksgiving Tip-Off Tournament Champions!!! Go Dogs!!!

Unicoi is next on the road. Who wins it guys?

I have seen both teams play this year, Unicoi in a Hall of Fame game and Hampton in the Greene County Thanksgiving Tournament. No disrespect to a great Hampton team who I believe will have a great year this year, but I think Unicoi pulls this one out in a close game.

I have seen both teams play this year, Unicoi in a Hall of Fame game and Hampton in the Greene County Thanksgiving Tournament. No disrespect to a great Hampton team who I believe will have a great year this year, but I think Unicoi pulls this one out in a close game.

Hey 'Respect, no disrespect taken. Unicoi is a talented team and always well coached. We have alot of respect for their program.

Still, three of our best are getting in basketball shape. If we play a good match-up D and keep your fantastic shooters from shooting wide open in the corners, this will be a great game.

Based on being in a lil better shape, couple days rest and good D, ill say the DOGS by 5!

Hey 'Respect, no disrespect taken. Unicoi is a talented team and always well coached. We have alot of respect for their program.

Still, three of our best are getting in basketball shape. If we play a good match-up D and keep your fantastic shooters from shooting wide open in the corners, this will be a great game.

Based on being in a lil better shape, couple days rest and good D, ill say the DOGS by 5!

If Hampton plays the 1-3-1, they lose by 8. If they play no 1-3-1 they win by 6. Lyle says he hopes and prays we play the 1-3-1.

If Hampton plays the 1-3-1, they lose by 8. If they play no 1-3-1 they win by 6. Lyle says he hopes and prays we play the 1-3-1.

Unicoi's coach jumped 10' in the air at Hampton last year when we went into the 1-3-1....and they shot at will from the corners and beat us. We should have won that game....

I do not question the coaches. I just dont understand why we run that D on teams that can score in the corner.

Maybe we dont run the 1-3-1 correctly! If not, I dont think this teams gonna learn it any better this year :unsure:

I know WHY we run it....to hide some players on D! Just seems to wear out whomever is in the middle of the 3.

Im sure Lyle cant wait for our 1-3-1....just hope hes still waiting after the game is over :thumb:

just curious... is anyone covering hampton's games for the star?? i haven't seen any articles covering their games in the paper this year.

Funny you should mention that. I had the same question. But most people on here know how I feel about THE STAR! <_<

I hope if they do send a reporter, they send one this year that covers the TEAM and one that understands the game!

More to the game than just who scores!

Should learn a lesson from the articles written by the reporter for EHS games. Heck, those are usually 2 pages long! :roflolk:

This game was obviously their worst offensive performance of the year. Unicoi beat them to every loose ball, boxed on every rebound, played tight defense. For all that, as bad as Hampton shot and played offense, they were in the game all the way. Maybe a wake-up call was needed, to show that they have to show up and play hard, that other teams aren't going to stand in awe of their talent when they show up. I understand also that some sickness is going through, hopefully it won't get all the guys. For some some reason Hampton just has never shot the ball well in Unicoi's new gym. From day one there, they havent played good there. I know, there have been some awesome Unicoi teams down there in that time, but we certainly helped. Maybe they'll see how this played out tonight and go into practice tomorrow and learn what they did wrong tonight, and come out friday and get it done RIGHT. I knew they werent going to go undefeated through the entire season, but to play like they played tonight is irritating, to say the least. I found myself just sitting and staring into space at times, and anybody who knows me at games knows I dont do that! Here's hoping they can work out the bugs that were exposed tonight, and come out next game and let'em have it! Go Dogs!

Edited by Dawgfan88

This game was obviously their worst offensive performance of the year. Unicoi beat them to every loose ball, boxed on every rebound, played tight defense. For all that, as bad as Hampton shot and played offense, they were in the game all the way. Maybe a wake-up call was needed, to show that they have to show up and play hard, that other teams aren't going to stand in awe of their talent when they show up. I understand also that some sickness is going through, hopefully it won't get all the guys. For some some reason Hampton just has never shot the ball well in Unicoi's new gym. From day one there, they havent played good there. I know, there have been some awesome Unicoi teams down there in that time, but we certainly helped. Maybe they'll see how this played out tonight and go into practice tomorrow and learn what they did wrong tonight, and come out friday and get it done RIGHT. I knew they werent going to go undefeated through the entire season, but to play like they played tonight is irritating, to say the least. I found myself just sitting and staring into space at times, and anybody who knows me at games knows I dont do that! Here's hoping they can work out the bugs that were exposed tonight, and come out next game and let'em have it! Go Dogs!

'88, u always have good posts. But these coaches don't accept excuses...no reason to start now!

The smallest unicoi player must've had 20 points on uncontested lay ups because noone was back on D!

The hustle just wasn't there in the whole game especially the 2nd half

We could go on and on but they have to decide to run the plays called, play D and hustle... .kinda up to them!