Hampton 2010/2011

uknoit2

Hampton beat the paint off the rim tonight....less than 50% from the line....prob shot less than 20% from the field.

Time for a gut check men!!!!!

Ward has to play better than he did the other night for Hampton to beat good teams. He did not play well at ALL and I understand he still has the knee problems and can't explode like he used to but he has to get back to his old game of taking it strong to the rim for Hampton to be successful. IMO. I know he saw a Dr yesterday and they think they can help him. He needs to get his confidence back and feeling healthy and knowing he can jump without pain should help. I think the whole team will gain confidence if he gets his confidence and everyone will start to play better. Hopefully it starts tonight at E-town.

Ward has to play better than he did the other night for Hampton to beat good teams. He did not play well at ALL and I understand he still has the knee problems and can't explode like he used to but he has to get back to his old game of taking it strong to the rim for Hampton to be successful. IMO. I know he saw a Dr yesterday and they think they can help him. He needs to get his confidence back and feeling healthy and knowing he can jump without pain should help. I think the whole team will gain confidence if he gets his confidence and everyone will start to play better. Hopefully it starts tonight at E-town.

I do have a DOG in this fight and I will say again that I believe Ward to be the best all around player on the floor.

I agree, he has to get back to his game.

NO ONE played well at Unicoi....Ward and Hughes were off and Jones didnt take his open shots....NO 'D' and Hill must be a force ALL THE TIME

Thank you Doc! But truthfully who has Hampton beat that is even remotely any good?

West Greene, North, South, Tenn High, and a couple others!

Was Avery really suppose to be that good? I mean, they dont have but the one Clark kid that can play the game...right?

Not taking away from the 'Lander win, but Im sure they expected to win big anyway

And no I am not lashing out at Hampton nor am I bashing them. It's just the simple fact you guys are basically the only fan base in the county that gets on this board and throws out statements of how good you are going to be every year.Usually the good teams are playing in March down in Murfreesboro. Please explain? :popcorneater:

We ARE a pretty good team! Just didnt play enough team ball last year AND we had starters injured against the 'Landers and in the sub-state games....Fact

No excuses, just the way it was!

And by the way, we dont have this problem with KING, BLUENGOLD, nor PUJO...if you dont like this thread, dont read brother...but its nice having you around, so we hope you'll stay :thumb:

West Greene, North, South, Tenn High, and a couple others!

Was Avery really suppose to be that good? I mean, they dont have but the one Clark kid that can play the game...right?

Not taking away from the 'Lander win, but Im sure they expected to win big anyway

tenn high @ south are both 1-3 so thoes arent good wins

I do have a DOG in this fight and I will say again that I believe Ward to be the best all around player on the floor.

I agree, he has to get back to his game.

NO ONE played well at Unicoi....Ward and Hughes were off and Jones didnt take his open shots....NO 'D' and Hill must be a force ALL THE TIME

UKNOIT2, what happened to Ward's knee? I hate to hear he is hurting.Top notch guard when healthy.Hope the docs can do something for him.What time do you all play tonight?also I'm guessing it is @ Lizzbthtown? Ole Ned was at our game gainst Providence last night.No pads or pencils,course I guess he knows how to scout us :roflol: Anyway, good luck tonight,I may be down to watch yur dogs in action.

tenn high @ south are both 1-3 so thoes arent good wins

Hampton beat Sullivan Central, Tennessee High and granted they are not great AAA teams but they are still AAA schools and are still pretty good. They beat Johnson Co. @ Johnson Co and they are never easy to beat up there. They beat Pigeon Forge who is a AA school that is 4-2 and their only loss besides Hampton came at the hands of Austin East. They beat both West Greene and South Greene and they are both pretty good AA schools. So Hampton is 6-1 and have only played AAA and AA teams so far. I don't call that an easy schedule? If they would have played just a bad game they would have beat Unicoi by at least 10 points. They played an absolutely horrible game to lose that one.

Hampton beat Sullivan Central, Tennessee High and granted they are not great AAA teams but they are still AAA schools and are still pretty good. They beat Johnson Co. @ Johnson Co and they are never easy to beat up there. They beat Pigeon Forge who is a AA school that is 4-2 and their only loss besides Hampton came at the hands of Austin East. They beat both West Greene and South Greene and they are both pretty good AA schools. So Hampton is 6-1 and have only played AAA and AA teams so far. I don't call that an easy schedule? If they would have played just a bad game they would have beat Unicoi by at least 10 points. They played an absolutely horrible game to lose that one.

Good post TD....U beat me to it....

UKNOIT2, what happened to Ward's knee? I hate to hear he is hurting.Top notch guard when healthy.Hope the docs can do something for him.What time do you all play tonight?also I'm guessing it is @ Lizzbthtown? Ole Ned was at our game gainst Providence last night.No pads or pencils,course I guess he knows how to scout us :roflol: Anyway, good luck tonight,I may be down to watch yur dogs in action.

Thanks b&g....we play at cow town at 7:30....don't believe it'll be like the Unicoi game!

Ward has had knee problems for a lil while. I guess it really showed weakness his sophomore year in football.

Great athlete and team player. Hope it all stays together for him this season!

The Dogs looked much better and MUCH more focused tonight at E-Town, winning 71-48. The hustle and focus that wasn't there at Unicoi was displayed tonight. I believe Hampton played full-court the entire game, which I havent seen in YEARS. Betsy seemed surprised and rattled by it, as well. Anytime we get a win at EHS, I'm happy, not to mention win by this much! Just shows how much focus and intensity can either work for you or against you if you dont have it. Several players played much better tonight, maybe they're finally starting to shake off the football rust? Even so, this team is only going to get better as time goes on. Now for some on here who seem to think all Hampton fans are braggers, fact is, this team has a LOAD of talent. When they all can get their basketball legs, they'll be tough to handle. Gonna be a fun year in this conference! Lots of great B-ball to come!