Hampton 2010/2011

uknoit2

Been to a few matches over the years. My cousin actually played at Tri-cty Christian and got a full ride to King. Thats another thing,It's called a soccer match instead of a soccer game. Personally I like Women's beach volleyball.Sand,surf,sun great athletes;just a Good competitive sport. And if my wife reads this, thats the ONLY reason I like it honey

:lol:

I haven't seen the team ball thing yet but I'll continue to look for it. Hopefully it will come, but I'm not very optomistic. sorry

Hope it comes Tyler, if not ,its gonna be another dissapointing season. From talking football with you at the games ,I've learned to respect you're thoughts. Not that I'm a guru or anything, we just think quite a bit alike.If I were a coach and I saw selfishness on the team I'd bench um in a skinny second. Its a total team sport, these are good kids and I'd like to see them jell as ONE UNIT.

Been to a few matches over the years. My cousin actually played at Tri-cty Christian and got a full ride to King. Thats another thing,It's called a soccer match instead of a soccer game. Personally I like Women's beach volleyball.Sand,surf,sun great athletes;just a Good competitive sport. And if my wife reads this, thats the ONLY reason I like it honey

What is the sock her sport yopu speak of. I might want to give it a try .Sounds sorta like a rough sport to me.

Hope it comes Tyler, if not ,its gonna be another dissapointing season. From talking football with you at the games ,I've learned to respect you're thoughts. Not that I'm a guru or anything, we just think quite a bit alike.If I were a coach and I saw selfishness on the team I'd bench um in a skinny second. Its a total team sport, these are good kids and I'd like to see them jell as ONE UNIT.

If these 5 seniors don't come together (with support from a few juniors) and play team ball, disappointment will be a mild term!

This is not the year to throw new kinks in the works. Coaches need to show nothing but confidence in these boys. Its the year for these 5 to gel and turn loose and play ball!

Got a couple of messages wanting to know if my "kinks" statement was directed at Ned. Answer: NO!

VERY glad Ned is on our bench!

Edited by uknoit2

Thanks Pujo, I agree. I think they need to take care of the ball a little better and make the easy play and quit trying to make the hard ones. I think they need to worry about just scoring and not who is scoring. It seems that when one person scores the next few trips down the court they don't see the ball because some feel like it is then their "turn" to shoot. If one person gets hot no matter who it is the person who is handling the ball should get it to them again and hope they score again and not the opposite. I hope they can put all the ego's to the side and each person do their job and be genuinely happy for each other and not worry who gets the accolades. This would make them a true team and they would go pretty much as far as they wanted to. I really feel like if they ever play as ONE unit they have a good chance to not only go to the state but WIN the state. Playing as one unit does not necessarily mean that everyone scores 15 points every game. It would be nice but there could be games where one person might be hot and score 50. If one person gets that hot, it should be everyone else's job to make sure they continue to be set up to score and everyone should be happy for that player! Winning the State should be everyone's ONLY goal.

Thanks Pujo, I agree. I think they need to take care of the ball a little better and make the easy play and quit trying to make the hard ones. I think they need to worry about just scoring and not who is scoring. It seems that when one person scores the next few trips down the court they don't see the ball because some feel like it is then their "turn" to shoot. If one person gets hot no matter who it is the person who is handling the ball should get it to them again and hope they score again and not the opposite. I hope they can put all the ego's to the side and each person do their job and be genuinely happy for each other and not worry who gets the accolades. This would make them a true team and they would go pretty much as far as they wanted to. I really feel like if they ever play as ONE unit they have a good chance to not only go to the state but WIN the state. Playing as one unit does not necessarily mean that everyone scores 15 points every game. It would be nice but there could be games where one person might be hot and score 50. If one person gets that hot, it should be everyone else's job to make sure they continue to be set up to score and everyone should be happy for that player! Winning the State should be everyone's ONLY goal.

I've watched this team since they were in 6th grade and they were always a pretty good team!

If a player is ON, I agree they should keep getting the ball but its crazy to shoot and shoot stupid shots when its just not your night. If it takes 20-30 shots to score 15 and win by single digits then the wrong player has been doing the shooting.

At Johnson Co, Hughes was on and they got him the ball. That's Exactly what should have happened.

I see no problem with these five scoring at any time they want! Hill, Ward, Jones, Hughes, all can tickle the twine at any time. But NOT ONE does it by themselves. It takes Hill, Lyons, Scalf to rebound... Jones to handle the pressure and ALL them playing D and taking smart shots.

We need to be a little patient concerning ball control and give the football players a lil more time to get it together.

All the gyms I've seen had a scoreboard that says Guests and home, thats the only thing anyone should be concerned about. Ithink Hampton has several kids who can have big games on random nights. Its usually about matchups and it won't be the same person lightening it up every night. Iknow some of these kids better than the others and would like to see them have a great season, but really ,I just want to see the team win.Thats all that should ever matter.Hope I can attentd a game sometime soon. Its really up to the boys as if they want to be the Star or the whole team being stars. A star may win you a game or 2 ,mut a group can take you to a higher level. Most of thes kids are seniors, they should all realize it gonna um all if they are prosper. I'm pulling for them and I just hope they will bond,Just too good of a team to let egos destroy it. Compete against the team in the other color.Pretty simple.

Edited by pujo

I've watched this team since they were in 6th grade and they were always a pretty good team!

If a player is ON, I agree they should keep getting the ball but its crazy to shoot and shoot stupid shots when its just not your night. If it takes 20-30 shots to score 15 and win by single digits then the wrong player has been doing the shooting.

At Johnson Co, Hughes was on and they got him the ball. That's Exactly what should have happened.

I see no problem with these five scoring at any time they want! Hill, Ward, Jones, Hughes, all can tickle the twine at any time. But NOT ONE does it by themselves. It takes Hill, Lyons, Scalf to rebound... Jones to handle the pressure and ALL them playing D and taking smart shots.

We need to be a little patient concerning ball control and give the football players a lil more time to get it together.

i agree