Elizabethton @ Alcoa

EHSTrack06

Thats your tale i sit on mine

Believe it or not, there are parents out there who want their child to get a good education. When we moved here, we researched all the schools in Blount & Knox County. We chose Alcoa because of their academics...at that time we had no idea how good or bad the football team was. That was the least of our worries. It just so happened that our first year at Alcoa was...7 years ago, and they've been on a roll since.

Bigphil: FOREVER. Even when I was in school...in the dark ages.

If you can't beat them, accuse them of recruiting. Either way, you still lose. So instead of making up excuses as to why Alcoa wins, look beyond the "open zone" and look at tradition and effort. Look at what the program is built on. Try to replicate it, and maybe, just MAYBE one day you will see something change for your team.

So disparage Alcoa, the results stay the same and nothing will change. Betsy doesn't make it out of this round, and Alcoa will have its starters out after halftime. Honestly, it sounds like you all are making excuses before you lose. At least you plan ahead. I planned ahead as well, hotel room booked the next weekend.

Alcoa (Knox area all-stars) 49

Betsy 7

Always interesting that people point to open zone when a school does well, but not when they are down. Take away any OOZ players Alcoa has had and what do you get? A school still playing for a chance at 7 straight, and a team that sends Betsy packing.

Edited by mcwrestler

Exactly we were open zone in 02 when we went 3-7, 99 went 6-6, 97 went 6-6, 94 went 5-5,86 went 3-7.......ALL were open zone. It feels great to recruit losing seasons!! :rolleyes:

That was the point I was making when I ask the question. You become a champion for a long time and everyone wants to throw darts at you. Lose a few and everything is ok. All be it, everything is the same but you are losing, so its ok

This will be my only post all week first off so take it anyway you want. My thoughts on all these post takes away from every kid on both teams,did Alcoa work hard all year? YES Did Elizabethton do the same?YES. Both programs earned this not any of you all posting have done squat except flap your gums. Saying that Elizabethton is no good or Alcoa recruits doesnt help either side and punishes these KIDS accomplishments. Do any of you think that these KIDS dont sweat,hurt,bleed,hustle all the same on both teams. Just think of someone putting your family down,you dont like it do you? Both these teams are like families so you dont hurt anyone but them.I promise Rankin and Witten will have both teams ready to go,so why not sit back wish them well and let the KIDS settle it on the feild the have earned the right. Putting both sides down just shows why the first part of fanatic is FAN! Plus do you really think anything we say on here makes a hill of beans on Friday night! Good luck to both teams! Most important is play injury free!

Now that's funny coming from a school that continually raids the surrounding Carter County schools of their players i.e. Happy Valley, Unaka, Hampton, etc. In fact you are starting to get a little pipline to Science Hill kids. What do you have 42 Freshman as someone was telling me the other day. All of those kids live off Elk Ave????? Just saying.................... :popcorneater:

FYI my son plays on the feshman team and all of the kids that played are zoned for Betsy. over 30 of those kids have played together since they were in the 7th grade and biggest majority of them played jr. pee-wee and pee-wee together. So do we have a chance of winning? Yes a small one but still a chance. If you dont think that is true look at appy state beating michigan, jacksonville state beating ole miss, so there is a chance and as for me i believe in our kids and coaches so win or lose, i will be proud of them for what they have accomplished this year. Very good year considering that we lost over 3/4 off starters fom last year. So with that said just remember that all good things must come to an end. Go Cyclones!! Be proud of what you have accomplished this year no one can take that away from you no matter what they say or do.

Edited by newcyclone

Thanks for the compliment 1271. :thumb: However, are there any kids on the team from Science Hill or other surrounding high school zones? That is the question... :popcorneater:

Just because you say "that is the question" doesn't really make it "the question." Stick to your day job, if you have one; rhetoric is not your cup of tea, Mr. Popcorneater.

Finally a couple of good posts in an otherwise classless thread. I guarantee you Alcoa's coach isnt talking the talk of the mouths on here and neither is Witten. How bout both sides quit trying to out Johnson the other and talk about the game. Stop this mine is bigger than yours talk. Alcoa is obviously a heavy favorite. But what about the matchups and schemes both teams run? Dont make this thread a total Jib Jab session...

Alcoa wins.betsy does not.alcoa scores a bunch of points.betsy will be lucky if they get a field goal.Mercy rule goes into effect after 2nd period,maybe 1st if they do their little midfield dance before game starts.Wonder why they did not do that before last years game.I just cant see this game even being close.To much size,speed.and overall talent.I just cannot see how this will even come close to being a contest.Alcoa did not play well against CAK and this does not bode well for betsy.Look for Alcoa to come out and make a statement going forward to cookville.They will want to give whoever they play next week something to think about.If I were Rankin I would put the fear of gosh on them.Have nice day.