Dobyns bennett off season thread

WaCoJaCo

No, according to all the DB faithful they should be able to fill a team with just their players. This area is just terrible for football (DB & SH included). There is hope every year but it never happens. Please don't go back to the national champions at TH or DB is the most winningest program in the nation! We are not living in the STONEWALL age (Oh i meant Stone age).

Not all DB fans said that.The area is not terrible for football either.If you had said it has been terrible for winning state titles you would have been ok.There have been some great football players come out of this area.Many kids are playing at the next level right now and atleast three different schools have players in the NFL.We had Elizabethton from 3A making the state semi's each of the last two years only to run into Alcoa.We have the reigning 4A state champion in Greeneville.5A South played in two of the last four state semi's.It's been since 1998-2002 when Dobyns Bennett made three trips to the semi's but yes we still have some players over here in Kingsport as well.Tennessee High had the best 5A team in the state two years ago in many people's opinion,but lost to another local { Boone},that is doing well.Let's not forget all the athlete's in Morristown that could help build a local D1AA school and all the kids in Virginia as well.

The backfield is not set in stone as of yet, especially if we get that one transfer we think we will get. Cook at QB, Swafford and Patrick(if he transfers in from Clinton)at the two runningback positions and the full back could be anyone of a couple from last year. Just depends on who steps it up. Foreman will probably be a receiver. On second thought, the fullback position could be filled by a freshman. The Ketron kid from Robinson is big and strong and is also a middle school track champion and should be considered to compete for that job if the coaches give him the shot. Usually when we are expected to have a great year(last year)we come up short, but it's the years we are supposed to be down a little that we make it a little deeper in the playoffs. So, maybe this year??? I can't wait. :thumb:

Word around here is Camion Patrick is staying in Clinton....but i know not to believe everything i hear either and just wait and see.

Not all DB fans said that.The area is not terrible for football either.If you had said it has been terrible for winning state titles you would have been ok.There have been some great football players come out of this area.Many kids are playing at the next level right now and atleast three different schools have players in the NFL.We had Elizabethton from 3A making the state semi's each of the last two years only to run into Alcoa.We have the reigning 4A state champion in Greeneville.5A South played in two of the last four state semi's.It's been since 1998-2002 when Dobyns Bennett made three trips to the semi's but yes we still have some players over here in Kingsport as well.Tennessee High had the best 5A team in the state two years ago in many people's opinion,but lost to another local { Boone},that is doing well.Let's not forget all the athlete's in Morristown that could help build a local D1AA school and all the kids in Virginia as well.

I don't think Upper East TN is terrible for football, just not great on winning state championships. I think a lot of your better teams just come around the area between Nashville and Knoxville. You can go out and find a lot of baaaaaaaad areas of football in West TN. There have been years where I guarantee if you took a great Sullivan South, TN High, or DB and stuck them in with West TN and they would come out on top. I put DB as being a top 15 team in the state every year. This past year....eh....I don't know what it'll take for DB to Dominate the state like a Maryville. Open Enrollment could be a start...

;)

No, you are the most embarrassing thing that came from Kpt. Back when football was dropped from ETSU, there wasn't enough talent in this area (as it is today) to recruit from, including the mighty db. I don't care if it is basketball or marbles, you db fans would get on here and crow till the cows come home if you ever won a state championship. Oh! they did win some back in your days, GENERAL JACKSON. Also, sounds like you know about these guys you're talking about. Didn't I see you walking the JC mall with your boyfriend. HMMMMMMMMMMMM. :roflol:

Since when do colleges only recruit from their area? It's great to get all you can from the back yard but thats not how it works and your statement sounds ridiculous :wacko: To say that was one reason why football failed at ETSU is crazy just like you saying we don't produce talent in the area. Also, why does it matter when DB won the championships , it's documented? You are sitting here comparing basketball and football on a football thread WHAT????????? If you want to try and have one up on DB then go to the appropriate thread cause you have NOTHING to brag about here.

I'm not sure why Clinton would want another series with DB. They usually don't have teams like they did in 2008 and 2007 every year.

As for the Vikes, from what I've heard they've picked Jeff Co. and Johnson Co. in place of Greeneville and East.

Actually, im surprised DB wants to play Clinton. I mean, DB doesnt have anything to gain from playing a smaller class team. I agree with most of the DB fans, i believe DB playing Maryville or Oak Ridge would help them come playoff time. Personally, I like playing DB because i think playing better teams makes your team better.

Actually, im surprised DB wants to play Clinton. I mean, DB doesnt have anything to gain from playing a smaller class team. I agree with most of the DB fans, i believe DB playing Maryville or Oak Ridge would help them come playoff time. Personally, I like playing DB because i think playing better teams makes your team better.

The 2009 game was a great one and you were loaded that year.I think you got up to number two in the state by season's end.I hate you lost that stud running back-linebacker going into the playoffs.Him and that QB were a tough {one-two}.The TSSAA has messed up a lot of things when it comes to how coaches will schedule.I agree with playing tough games before every loss went against you. I liked being in the Big East and the way it was.Back then,if you took care of your conference,you could go out and play MBA or Oak Ridge and hope to get better by it.Now,a coach has to weigh it out a little more.I know it doesn't matter because we lost to Bearden last year,but had we won that OT game,Maryville would have had to come up here {their loss to Alcoa}.That might make a big difference one of these days,and a coach has to think twice.

Now it seems that the TSSAA places much more of an emphasis on overall wins instead of winning the conference. A 10-0 DB could possibly host as long as they're alive in the playoffs whereas an 8-2 or 7-3 DB could travel in the 2nd round. This wouldn't have happened under the previous system if they would've won the conference. The system punishes them if they play tougher opponents and they need those tougher opponents because during most years they'll go undefeated and unchallenged in this conference. With an easy non-conference schedule it's possible that a below-average DB team could go 10-0, but that wouldn't help them come playoff time. But, I'm sure Farragut will be good.

Oak Ridge decided to end the series. Trust me, DB needed and looked forward to that game. Ask Oak Ridge why they ended it.