Riverdale's Future?

Lost Old Dad

So right now Coach A is #2 behind Rankin. There have only been four head coaches. So in 20 years the coaches not getting it done were moved to administration or removed of their duties.......All four had or have winning records. Coach A's winning percentage is pretty darn high. Now its not on Rankin's level but still really good and better than the other two coaches who were supposedly removed of their duties as coach for having worse records than Coach A.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So right now Coach A is #2 behind Rankin. There have only been four head coaches. So in 20 years the coaches not getting it done were moved to administration or removed of their duties.......All four had or have winning records. Coach A's winning percentage is pretty darn high. Now its not on Rankin's level but still really good and better than the other two coaches who were supposedly removed of their duties as coach for having worse records than Coach A.

Watts was not removed!!!!! He retired. Just wanted to get that straight. You guys can continue your "Take him out, Leave him in" thing. :flower:

Just going by what old dad said.

OK, I was WRONG! They either were removed, retired, were promoted, or took a better job. That should have things covered.

Yes, Coach A's record is in second place percentage wish, but it is NOT what I would call great either and it is tending to be worse down the line.

Can he correct it? Hopefully yes, but that is what we have been saying for five years now. You want me to answer your question which I did, now you get to answer one from me.

When will things get better?

By this when will the Freshman team start getting the attention it deserves? When will the weight program be one par to what it was? When will we see more than one line per defense and offense again?

Frankly when will Coach A start paying attention to the details it takes to win the Gold Ball on purpose instead of by ACCIDENT!

OK, I was WRONG! They either were removed, retired, were promoted, or took a better job. That should have things covered.

Yes, Coach A's record is in second place percentage wish, but it is NOT what I would call great either and it is tending to be worse down the line.

Can he correct it? Hopefully yes, but that is what we have been saying for five years now. You want me to answer your question which I did, now you get to answer one from me.

By this when will the Freshman team start getting the attention it deserves? When will the weight program be one par to what it was? When will we see more than one line per defense and offense again?

Frankly when will Coach A start paying attention to the details it takes to win the Gold Ball on purpose instead of by ACCIDENT!

This is pretty sad. I leave the boards for about about a year and come back to the same old whining and crying from the same old crowd. Death, taxes, LOD whining about aydelott. I bet the sun rises tomorrow too. I'm not sure there is much else I can count on as much as those four things.

Some people complain about watermelon! :popcorneater:

Old Dad....when will they get better. Well you are already pretty good. In fact, you are a top program in the state. Your other questions....when will the freshman team start getting the attention it deserves, when will you all have a solid and continuous weight program, when will you see more depth on the line. I cannot answer any of those questions because I am not Coach Adeylott and I do not know what goes on there on a daily basis. If I were the coach I would pay attention to the freshman and give them a solid foundation to build upon and include them in at least a portion of the varsity practice. I would have my varsity assistants coaching the freshman up to the standards that I already had in place for the varsity. The weight program is a must. I do not know what kind of schedule Rutherford County is on but having the last period of the day for weightlifting is a plus. If not then after practice or morning conditioning. More than likely most schools go with the after practice option. Have the kids hit a strenuous and continuous weight program. Obviously it cannot be mandatory but it could be strongly encouraged. You will see more depth on the lines when more big boys start going out for football and the genetics change for the better in the size category. I am pretty sure that Coach A knows the fine details that goes into winning the gold ball and that the first time was not luck.