SP vs JB for the Gold

powerp

I saw where Randy Smith will do the play by play for our game and Andy Kelly will be the color commentator. These guy's need no introduction if you know TN football. Randy was actually a teacher in Whitwell in his early year's and I'm not sure if he still live's around here or not but I am glad both of these men are calling our game bc they do a wonderful job. Goodluck to both team's. I guess except for the one's that have been out since the first of the season SP is probaly the healthiest they've been in a long time so no excuses from here. Just go out and play your game and whatever happen's will happen. It is what it is. I hope JB is at full strength also. Everyone from both side's it has been great to talk on CoachT this football season. Please everyone drive safe and let's hope our team's put on a show that will be talked about for year's to come!!!Sportman has left the building!!!!

It's going to be a big crew this year. Mike Keith, Mark Howard and Randy Smith will split play by play duties. Kevin Dyson, Andy Kelly and Larry Stone will do color. Jonathan Hutton and (someone hold Roy down)Murphy Fair will alternate between sideline reporting and studio work.

Randy and Andy will be doing our game.

http://tssaa.org/2010Champions/StateFootball/broadcastteam.htm

Will be headed to Cookeville in a little over 24 hours. Go Pirates!! Last one in town tomorrow please turn off the lights!!

Also, the first of 3 Chattanooga area Gold Balls will be won tonight!! Best of luck to Baylor!!

Go Chattanooga teams! Baylor Tonite & Pirates tomorrow!!!!

Old Pirate says this feud matchup has given OP some head scratching moments. Figure this is a good a match as seen in quite a while. The Pirates attempting to finish business and the Devils attempting to prove they belong ranked #1. The Pirates with 5 losses over the last 2 years and JB with 1 loss in the last 2 years tends to make JB appear a favorite. Recon all these kids is goin to come away with some great memories regardless what happens. The 1 major question for OP, can the Pirates put together a complete game without senseless turnovers? If they can manage to protect the ball then OP likes the Pirates chances.

Old Pirate says this feud matchup has given OP some head scratching moments. Figure this is a good a match as seen in quite a while. The Pirates attempting to finish business and the Devils attempting to prove they belong ranked #1. The Pirates with 5 losses over the last 2 years and JB with 1 loss in the last 2 years tends to make JB appear a favorite. Recon all these kids is goin to come

away with some great memories regardless what happens. The 1 major question for OP, can the Pirates put together a complete game without senseless turnovers? If they can manage to protect the ball then OP likes the Pirates chances.

We hope you are right OP!!!

I read most threads on here during the week of a big game..but I dont post that much...I must say that I enjoy reading post on here you guys are too funny at times...

Now to the game...this one for my Devils...south pitt is always quick, fast, and very very good..I dont expect any less this year...I havent seen them play but a few clips on here....but good they are...the one thing that this Jo Byrns team has that other teams in the past has is GAME CONDITIONING....anyone that has played the game knows there is a huge difference in being in shape and in game shape..thats been Jo Byrns achillies heel for 5 or 6 years now...going back to the 08 title game against TC as a post earlier said Jo Byrns gave TC all they wanted and more for a lil over 3 qtrs....the score was 14-14 with 5 mins to go in the game...the last 5 mins TC dominated...Jo Byrns was physically fatigued and made a few costly mistakes that TC captilized on and the final was 31-14....Jo Byrns starters usually play a half for most of the regular season and when playoffs come around and they have to play four quarters they drained by the 4th...this year is different...the 3 or 4 games they had to play 4 quarters they looks just as strong if not stronger in the 4th than they do in the 1st...which makes me feel better about our chances cause SP is going to be ready to go all 4 qtrs and this game will be desided late.....Good Luck to Both teams...may God keep this a injury free and safe driving affair...GO DEVILS..

Randall I watched the '08 Championship game again last night (it was 2 years ago to the day yesterday). JB was down 14-6 at the half and it could have easily been 21-14 JB but they had two drives stall in the red zone. JB was moving the ball very well against TC. To start the 2nd half TC got the ball...I noticed JB came out very fired up. JB opened the half by holding TC to a 3 and out then proceeded to drive the ball down and score on about a 7 minute drive. At that point everyone was fired up and I even saw Coach Adkins yell and throw a fist pump! Had I not known the outcome I would have all but guaranteed you JB was gonna win the game. Then the weirdest thing happened...JB kicked off to TC and JB's defense lost all of its intensity. They didn't look tired at all; they looked flat. I couldn't understand it but TC drove right back down and scored to open up the 4th quarter. JB then proceeded to fall apart with a bad kickoff return and two interceptions deep in our territory. Having said that, Tacola Seay took over the 4th quarter and punished the Devils so it wasn't like JB lost it, TC won it for sure.

I then went and watched a game from this year to compare the two JB teams. The game I watched was from the regular season and here's what I noticed. The '08 team was a more consistent team in terms of execution. That year JB found out who they were against Cascade in week 9. With that said, I feel like JB found out who they were this year against WC. I wish I could have watched the WC or PC game to get a little better comparison. The other thing I noticed was that this year's team made some plays that made you go WOW! Like I said they didn't look as consistent but they made some amazing plays. Overall I'd say this year's team has more talent and is better defensively. Offensively we're more explosive but the '08 offensive line with LK (mixed in with some Bolt) was a solid and consistent bunch. This ought to be a great game...