3A Championship Alcoa v. Goodpasture

Some people just don't belong...-Judge Smails  

125 members have voted

1. 1. The winner is....

• Champions (Alcoa)
    • Country Club (Goodpasture)
    • Just don't care....OR Hope Alcoa loses, but don't really like Goodpasture either.

I love things like this....Alcoa vs Goodpasture: By the numbers

1-The amount of Victories the Cougars have over the Tornadoes

2-How many times the Cougars and Tornadoes faced off with the State Championship NOT on the line

3- Game winning streak the Tornadoes have over the Cougars.

4-This will mark the 4th Field the Tornadoes and Cougars have faced off on.

5-This will be the 5th time the Tornadoes and Cougars face off the first week of December

6-6th time the Cougars and Tornadoes have faced this decade. The winner has always won State (this year will be no different)

7- 7 out of the past 10 years either Alcoa or Goodpasture have represented their Class in the state championship game.

Goodpasture has two guys over 300. They are massive kids. Don't know if Alcoa will have trouble with them but they are two big guys on that D-line. Goodpasture better start throwing early to stay in the game.

I personally would keep those boys on the sidelines unless its a short yardage goal line situation. If you fill the middle with 600lbs Alcoa has the speed to hit the corners with Vee and then its all over. Its one thing Ive been saying about Alcoa the past 7 years. They've just got too too many weapons.

I personally would keep those boys on the sidelines unless its a short yardage goal line situation. If you fill the middle with 600lbs Alcoa has the speed to hit the corners with Vee and then its all over. Its one thing Ive been saying about Alcoa the past 7 years. They've just got too too many weapons.

Goodpasture wins a close one 31-30 in a big upset.....This ought to be a really fun game.

Go Cougars!

Yup....well one in particular. Right before the blocked punt. Alcoa would have had 4th and very short (I think it was under 2 yards) Goodpasture, at the time, was a team where if you got up on them their defense pretty much laid down. They hadnt stopped Alcoa from moving the ball the whole 2nd half and their offense had done nothing either. Of course Alcoa gets and Unsportsmanlike 15yarder and it becomes 4th and 17 deep in your own territory and the punt team gives up the block. No question in my mind you dont get that 15yd penalty Alcoa has one more Gold ball in their trophy case. Thats one reason people always say Coach Meadows lack of discipline cost Alcoa a State Championship. I personally think it was more lack of leadership. While the Class of '01 was small on the football team, you cant measure the leadership those guys had.

Totally agree! :thumb:

What goodpasture does not get is we have seen the best passing offense in the state,We have played against wing t veer offense.We have played a conventional offense.This team has had the kitchen sink thrown at them and they never get down they never panic they just take what is givin.Load the box and they will throw it on you.Play the pass and you will get a good dose of run it down your throat,Alcoa is BIG,PHYSICAL,and FAST.If you dont believe then watch and see.There has been alot that have not believed what is said.We have heard it from every fan base on our schedule.So tell me something I have not heard yet.Dazzle me with your wit.