3A Championship Alcoa v. Goodpasture

Some people just don't belong...-Judge Smails  

125 members have voted

1. 1. The winner is....

• Champions (Alcoa)
    • Country Club (Goodpasture)
    • Just don't care....OR Hope Alcoa loses, but don't really like Goodpasture either.

It just goes to show you what disciplined football can do for you,cause peanut was and still is a very nice guy.He would not hurt anyone,but put a helmet on a football player and instinct takes over.People call it coaching.Peanut was a great defensive back,solid as a rock,and I believe one of the strongest if not the strongest on the team.

Im assuming Im thinking of a different Peanut? Cause the only Peanut I know is about 400 lbs and thats a big a ol DB if so haha

You're probably very right. Even though I did watch the 89 team play on a few occasions, Im honestly too young to even remember the games. About the fondest memory I have of that team was Billy Williams coming to the Elementary school and writing down his phone number on a napkin for everybody to call. Maybe I can dig that out and ebay it LOL :roflol:

"The Catch" Billy Williams made down near the goal line to put Alcoa in position to score at the end of the game and go back to state is etched in my mind.It was one of those catches that will always be remembered and talked about.I wonder how many times that has run through Billy's head.What a game.

Wassup Vetta? How was lil cuz's season at MC?

He had a pretty good season, got his leg broken in the NC Wesleyn Game.......ended his season :( He got an USA South Honorable Mention. Says he going to try out for the NFL.............wow.......if he doesn't make it, he'll at least have a Maryville College degree!! :P

I wonder where all the old game film went from back in days of our old state championships?You being in the know,can you find out?I would not mind trying to convert and preserve itwith permission of Alcoa of course.It would be a great thing to do for all the guys who played back then.See what you can come up with and give me a shout back after season is over with.

Hey, I worked with some guys that convert from film and mass produce DVD's. No minimum quantity and they do a great job. Check out the web site.

wemaketapes.com