3A Championship Alcoa v. Goodpasture

Some people just don't belong...-Judge Smails  

125 members have voted

1. 1. The winner is....

• Champions (Alcoa)
    • Country Club (Goodpasture)
    • Just don't care....OR Hope Alcoa loses, but don't really like Goodpasture either.

This will be my last post before the game. I am leaving work today at noon. I hope there are some good seats left when I get there. I know the boys on both sides will be ready. All this smack is funny and entertaining, but it does'nt mean anything. What matters is what team makes the most plays today. I know the smack talkers know this, but I hope they have enough integrity to post after the game and give Goodpasture there respect if they win! As they say in the investment commercials "Past performance does not guarentee future success!" I think if Goodpasture opens up the play book and throws they ball more than they run it, they will win. If they get to conservative, they will lose. I am confident that Goodpasture will be able to stop the run of Alcoa. I just don't know how they will do against the Alcoa passing game. I don't even know if Alcoa has a good passing game. I have not seen them play since last year. I hope everyone gets to the game safe, and I wish good health to all the players. Not only in this game, but to all the boys playing this weekend. Go Cougars!

If Goodpasture wins, I don't think you'll have any problem with GP getting all of the props they deserve.

As for being certain GP will stop Alcoa's run game, I may be very surprised but I don't think so. At the end of the day, I believe the stats will bear out that you did not shut down their run. Although I'm pulling for our district friends, as a HS football fan, I hope that you are right as far as at least being able to challenge them and keep it close.......but I don't think so. No disrespect to you, I just don't think you realize that Alcoa is at a different level than most everyone else in any classification in TN. Regardless, congratulations to GP on an outstanding season. Good luck to Alcoa, bring back the Gold!

If Goodpasture wins, I don't think you'll have any problem with GP getting all of the props they deserve.

As for being certain GP will stop Alcoa's run game, I may be very surprised but I don't think so. At the end of the day, I believe the stats will bear out that you did not shut down their run. Although I'm pulling for our district friends, as a HS football fan, I hope that you are right as far as at least being able to challenge them and keep it close.......but I don't think so. No disrespect to you, I just don't think you realize that Alcoa is at a different level than most everyone else in any classification in TN. Regardless, congratulations to GP on an outstanding season. Good luck to Alcoa, bring back the Gold!

Well said, Govolsknox, my sentiments exactly!

Cougars congratulations on fighting your way into the Championship game.

Yes, you can pass on Alcoa, CAK did it.

Don't let the name "Vanderbilt" fool you, Alcoa's Vanderbilt can play ball. You must win the turnover battle and special teams to have a chance. Don't hold anything back, trick plays, fake punt, onside kick, etc. use it all!

Good Luck Alcoa !! Let's show em what Blount County Football's all about . Starz gettin Jiggy with the "2 hipe" ...Hilarious ! I can just picture him and Momma doing the Bump to 2 Hipe ... just like the old " Uncle Sams " disco days !

" Aint gonna bump...no more ... with no big Phat Woman "

This will be my last post before the game. I am leaving work today at noon. I hope there are some good seats left when I get there. I know the boys on both sides will be ready. All this smack is funny and entertaining, but it does'nt mean anything. What matters is what team makes the most plays today. I know the smack talkers know this, but I hope they have enough integrity to post after the game and give Goodpasture there respect if they win! As they say in the investment commercials "Past performance does not guarentee future success!" I think if Goodpasture opens up the play book and throws they ball more than they run it, they will win. If they get to conservative, they will lose. I am confident that Goodpasture will be able to stop the run of Alcoa. I just don't know how they will do against the Alcoa passing game. I don't even know if Alcoa has a good passing game. I have not seen them play since last year. I hope everyone gets to the game safe, and I wish good health to all the players. Not only in this game, but to all the boys playing this weekend. Go Cougars!

Dude, what are you smoking? I am not a fan of either team, but I seriously doubt you guys can stop Alcoa from doing whatever they want. I hope you are right, I would love to see a good game, I just don't believe it will happen. This game may be the biggest blowout of the weekend. I will predict Alcoa - 49 GP - 7.